Returning player to GW2

Shujinjin.4958

Hello everyone! I am a returning player to GW2 from about two years ago since I last played. However though, I forgot I had the level 80 boost and used it on my Guardian like an hour ago, and I'm wondering if anyone have any links on this forum or elsewhere that give options for builds for Guardian pve/world pve etc at level 80 going forward. Any help or pointers are appreciated and hope to relive my joy in this game!

@"Shujinjin.4958" said:Hello everyone! I am a returning player to GW2 from about two years ago since I last played. However though, I forgot I had the level 80 boost and used it on my Guardian like an hour ago, and I'm wondering if anyone have any links on this forum or elsewhere that give options for builds for Guardian pve/world pve etc at level 80 going forward. Any help or pointers are appreciated and hope to relive my joy in this game!

The first thing that I would recommend is for you to delete the character you used the level 80 booster on. Start from the beginning and learn how to play your profession. It's better to level up a profession you enjoy playing rather than skipping content just so you can be level 80. It's not worth using level 80 boosters because the gear and weapons you get are awful.

For open world PvE, you can either make your own builds because everything is viable or you can check builds here:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

He's played the game before, m8. This isn't a blind noob.

OP-

Assuming you don't have any elite specs yet, start with Zeal/Valor/Virtues with a GS and Sceptre/x. Litany of Wrath (heal) and Smite Condition are great; the others are good as well. This is a simple build with high damage, several condi clears, and lots of healing. With a few traits moved, it can also use a Hammer instead of GS. This should be a good starting build to learn your way around the class and get ready for your e-specs.

Archived