New Race Idea: Mermaid and Merman

Merpeople could be a new race. They would use human armor. Their fish tail would convert to legs when they leave the water. When in water the stats of the boots and leggings remain in effect but cosmetically they appear with the fish tail. To get around the personal story issue, they all started out as humans but converted to merpeople via a curse or maybe even personal choice.

@"derd.6413" said:what is it lately with ppl asking to introduce new species into the lore as playable races?

My theory is a bunch of "Generic MMO Accustomed" new players got into GW2 after the Bless disaster, and they are still trying to overcome the vertigo of the sudden originality.

@"pureheart.6185" said:Guild wars lore already has a race like this, they are called Mergoyles but they weren't implemented into the game you can play Guild wars 1 if you want to see races like that or maybe if we ever get to see Steve (Bubbles) we might get them reintroduced.

My name is NOT "Bubbles". Stop with that nonsense. B)

@starlinvf.1358 said:or...................... give them human legs and arms with a fish body, and have them use aqua breathers as helmets, and Helmets underwater.

Quaggan is sad.

And may your steps be relentless.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"pureheart.6185" said:Guild wars lore already has a race like this, they are called Mergoyles but they weren't implemented into the game you can play Guild wars 1 if you want to see races like that or maybe if we ever get to see Steve (Bubbles) we might get them reintroduced.

My name is NOT "Bubbles". Stop with that nonsense. B)

@starlinvf.1358 said:or...................... give them human legs and arms with a fish body, and have them use aqua breathers as helmets, and Helmets underwater.

Quaggan is sad.

And may your steps be relentless.

I like you bubbles :)

I would love Mermaids & Mermen as a playable race! They would be new, fresh and along with more UW content that would be just perfect, :)And for those who keeps saying ''buuhuhu, we can't have any new races cuz take 2 long time 2 create cuz not humans''Well, guess what! That would smack on your faces since they're humanoid and having the ability of swimming faster with their fishtails and walk on land as they'll transform into humans. :love:

Just imagine the beauty of what we could see underwater. And don't forget, we could finally meet Selbbub! :D

@"Klowdy.3126" said:It would be human 80%+ of the time. Is this just a troll to the already high number of vague "new race" posts? Least you have the details worked out, no matter how strange the suggestion seems lol.

@"Klowdy.3126" said:It would be human 80%+ of the time. Is this just a troll to the already high number of vague "new race" posts? Least you have the details worked out, no matter how strange the suggestion seems lol.

seeing how he only has this post on his account it's probably a troll

@Alga.6498 said:I would love Mermaids & Mermen as a playable race! They would be new, fresh and along with more UW content that would be just perfect, :)And for those who keeps saying ''buuhuhu, we can't have any new races cuz take 2 long time 2 create cuz not humans''Well, guess what! That would smack on your faces since they're humanoid and having the ability of swimming faster with their fishtails and walk on land as they'll transform into humans. :love:

Just imagine the beauty of what we could see underwater. And don't forget, we could finally meet Selbbub! :D

Yes, that’s what I was going for with this idea. It gets around the issue of needed new armors and personal story which is mentioned as roadblocks to a new race. Also, it shows my hope for the sea dragon & underwater content in an expansion. Another greatly debated idea

@derd.6413 said:

seeing how he only has this post on his account it's probably a troll

Not trolling. I have played only GW2 since launch. This is my first or second post in all those years. I may not have the forum mechanics down.

Soon it will be six years. I just think it is time. I love alts.

@Brycar.2651 said:Merpeople could be a new race. They would use human armor. Their fish tail would convert to legs when they leave the water. When in water the stats of the boots and leggings remain in effect but cosmetically they appear with the fish tail. To get around the personal story issue, they all started out as humans but converted to merpeople via a curse or maybe even personal choice.

Erm....Guild Wars already has Largos. I think that's as close as you're getting to this.

Archived