Randomly change account name and ALL my character name

Hello my name is Baked Potatos, Posi before... on old times, i logged on my main account today and my ACCOUNT NAME has changed to Baked Potatos, and all my necros are named Baked Potatos ONE-TWO-THREE.... I still have all my gold and my laurels so i know that must be someone from Anet that did it. Can i get my old names back? :):)https://gyazo.com/e21ef2ed0a9d80790e91d78177e3a4ca - This necro was called Posi Moa, now hes Baked Potatos Threehttps://gyazo.com/f1f8a4379596da1773a154fc9d108a56

@"Baked Potatos.7459" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they changed it then it was because it violated the naming rules.

They typically do not do account name change requests because it breaks things.

I have the same name since 2012 , played proelague with the same name aswell :/ it makes no sense now

Not all naming violations are automatically reported. It’s likely it got reported around when you left.

The easiest way to get any response is to submit a support ticket and someone will look into the reason. It’s running about 10 days before people get responses the last that I heard.

It's better than getting banned.First strike gives you the chance to select proper names yourself before being able to log in with your characters (this seems to be skipped in severe cases or account names),second strike gets your names fixed for you by a moderator,third and afterwards starts getting you bans of increasing length and your names fixed by a mod.

@"Baked Potatos.7459" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they changed it then it was because it violated the naming rules.

They typically do not do account name change requests because it breaks things.

I have the same name since 2012 , played proelague with the same name aswell :/ it makes no sense now

Well probably they changed your name because posi in english sounds like pus*y, but according how the pvp has been last season I consider that potato is an appropiated name for an spvp necro.

would someone who has a violating the rules get a message and a namechange..so he can self decide which name he want instead?was like this for my friends befor (who also played 3 years in peace before someone reportet his name)

can it be that you get a message from the support? have you looked in you email? spam mabey?or could it be that a friend of ours knows your acc data? and changed it?like others say, the name sound a bit like pus*y, that could help to get a name change for your full acc.

@"Baked Potatos.7459" said:Hello my name is Baked Potatos, Posi before... on old times, i logged on my main account today and my ACCOUNT NAME has changed to Baked Potatos, and all my necros are named Baked Potatos ONE-TWO-THREE.... I still have all my gold and my laurels so i know that must be someone from Anet that did it. Can i get my old names back? :):)https://gyazo.com/e21ef2ed0a9d80790e91d78177e3a4ca - This necro was called Posi Moa, now hes Baked Potatos Threehttps://gyazo.com/f1f8a4379596da1773a154fc9d108a56

Sounds like ANet has acted on a ticket regarding your name being reported perhaps (as others have mentioned above).Out of curiosity, were you sent any messages explaining the situation? were you provided with any name change contracts to remove the names ANet chose for you?If not, then honestly that seems very harsh. I don't think I'd be affected personally but if a player chose a random name which happened to be similar something inappropriate in another language and was not aware, they should be granted the opportunity to amend the name to what they pick themselves. After all this came about because the game filter did not consider your name as offensive or TOS breaking in the first place.Would be interested to know how this gets resolved.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"Baked Potatos.7459" said:Hello my name is Baked Potatos, Posi before... on old times, i logged on my main account today and my ACCOUNT NAME has changed to Baked Potatos, and all my necros are named Baked Potatos ONE-TWO-THREE.... I still have all my gold and my laurels so i know that must be someone from Anet that did it. Can i get my old names back? :):)
- This necro was called Posi Moa, now hes Baked Potatos Three

Sounds like ANet has acted on a ticket regarding your name being reported perhaps (as others have mentioned above).Out of curiosity, were you sent any messages explaining the situation? were you provided with any name change contracts to remove the names ANet chose for you?If not, then honestly that seems very harsh. I don't think I'd be affected personally but if a player chose a random name which
happened
to be similar something inappropriate in another language and was not aware, they should be granted the opportunity to amend the name to what they pick themselves. After all this came about because the game filter did not consider your name as offensive or TOS breaking in the first place.Would be interested to know how this gets resolved.

The naming filter can't catch every way to spell things. People get creative and find ways around it. The filter will show what it can, but it's not a "if it wasn't caught, it's fine". The ToS covers it a lot more.

Archived