Bowless Soulbeast Montage

Kraitan.8476

Props for playing melee ranger. It is my favorite thing to play. I really want to give mainhand or offhand axe another try. The axe throw on #4 seems clunky to me. I just have to get used to it. I really like the damage on greatsword and the defensiveness on sword/dagger myself. Maybe this weekend I'll drop dagger and try offhand axe :D

@Joey.3928 said:Props for playing melee ranger. It is my favorite thing to play. I really want to give mainhand or offhand axe another try. The axe throw on #4 seems clunky to me. I just have to get used to it. I really like the damage on greatsword and the defensiveness on sword/dagger myself. Maybe this weekend I'll drop dagger and try offhand axe :D

Axe 4 is clunky indeed, feels so good when it hits though, it's easiest use is when an enemy chases you since they usually run in a straight line. Besides that, axe 4 has next level gravity, meaning if you throw it over any kind of hole (like on skyhammer floor) it will drop down and never reach the other side (would have been fun if we could pull enemies into them but we can't). Also you can sometimes throw it up to ledges above, but it doesnt always seem to work. Let's call it a learning curve ;)

Bowless ranger is by far my favourite thing in the game. How i miss wilderness survival condi ranger side noding :) I play a very similar build right now but not on your skill level xD I wanted to ask, what do you think about swapping RT in beastmastery out for the might on crit? Ramps up so well to me. I also want your opinion on matchups. How do you fare against the meta builds like spellbreaker/holosmith/condimirage, what do you avoid etc etc.. Do you consider yourself a teamfighter or do you like for sidenode 1v1's and 2v2's. Also suggestion for a vid: duels?

@Staffordshire.1752 said:Bowless ranger is by far my favourite thing in the game. How i miss wilderness survival condi ranger side noding :) I play a very similar build right now but not on your skill level xD I wanted to ask, what do you think about swapping RT in beastmastery out for the might on crit? Ramps up so well to me. I also want your opinion on matchups. How do you fare against the meta builds like spellbreaker/holosmith/condimirage, what do you avoid etc etc.. Do you consider yourself a teamfighter or do you like for sidenode 1v1's and 2v2's. Also suggestion for a vid: duels?

Wow mate those are some decent questions, I'll try my best to answer as much I can.Swapping out RT for might on crit: I don't think its worth it. Axe inherently provides might with autoattacks and the reduced CD on sic' em is really good. It's a crazy strong skill so imo its better to have the 40% dmg buff 20% faster each time instead of some extra might. It's not like the build needs more damage anyway, the key to winning is knowing the matchup & important cooldowns so you can burst around them.Matchups: I thnik the build can work in both teamfights or sidenodes, I prefer sidenodes because I personally enjoy winning fights alone (you could say im a one wolf pack kinda guy XD) but if you do get into teamfights, be aware that you can provide stability, immunity to movement impairing conditions, a decent 4-5k heal with resistance on it and of course pressure/cleave with axe5 or just hit a bunch of nearby enemies with a nice AoE Winters Bite (axe3). The hardest matchup is probably condi mesmer, but that could be said for any class atm. Warriors shouldnt be hard, they all use a shield and all think they're safe while blocking, use that. Necros can be kited & pressured enough to kill 1v1. Holosmith can be tricky because of the 80-90% dmg reduction they can achieve, try to kite them while they're in forge mode and evade their burst is your priority, beside that try to burst them down once they've used some defensive cooldowns like that shield or the 50% dmg reduction. Holo takes a bit of practice but gets easier with practice. Also always use the terrain, you aren't winning any fight if you're gonna stand on the node. My next vid is probably going to be a wvw roam with various soulbeast builds. It's like duels, except they go to respawn after ;)ps. you can easily swap demolisher amulet for paladins amulet, it helps a lot vs conditions and with sic em and the ferocity from beastmastery traits you will really have more than enough damage.pps. dont burst vs protection and try to keep in mind when your sigil of annulment is ready. I love swapping to it, throwing a big Winters Bite while merging with smokescale so its a huge unblockable boonstripping hit after which follow up with smoke assault for a nice burst. But it can be combined in many ways, which makes the build so much fun <3

Hope this helps!

Archived