Best Change Ever!!!

Israel.7056

I made a post years ago talking about getting rid of downed state and I've had to wait this long to get to try it out but it's just as awesome as I thought it would be.

No downstate is amazing ANET please consider making this a permanent feature.

It makes the combat much feel more tense and high stakes and it feels great to just blow people up and be done with them.

It also makes outnumbered fights much more feasible which is always good imo.

Seriously please consider making this a permanent change to WvW.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me guess - your reset sized zerg has been steamrolling?

Yeah try again a couple of days when objectives are T3 and most likely filled with so many arrowcarts that half the zerg dies before it even gets to a door and people dont even want to start commanding.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Let me guess - your reset sized zerg has been steamrolling?

Yeah try again a couple of days when objectives are T3 and most likely filled with so many arrowcarts that half the zerg dies before it even gets to a door and people dont even want to start commanding.

The reset zerg always steamrolls but I've done a wide range of fights already and they've all been way more fun.

Siege is aids though you're right about that.

I am not a fan. I have played gw2 for over a year but just recently our small guild (3) got a guild hall and it is kind of forcing us to pvp/wvw. We can often do ok with our missions but (maybe its lack of skill) we res each other a lot getting us back much faster than running. This is going to cut out quite a few missions for us. pvp/wvw has been kind of an off-puting experience anyway

@BlueMelody.6398 said:This is amazing for stealth+burst gankers, and arrow cart wizards, and absolute anathema for melee-only zerg players and identifiable commanders (pin-sniping is a thing).

This should definitely not be a permanent thing.

Permanent? No, but some huge changes to down state/ other mechanics.

1. No invuln phase upon being downed.
  2. Greatly reduced res speed of down state players.
  3. No damaging skills from down state. Only a cc and the skill 4 heal to get yourself back up. You lost your hp, you don't get to continue the fight so enjoy watching from the sidelines. That guy taking you on 1v3 doesn't deserve to have a down picking away when by all means that player has lost until they are revived.
  4. No visible commander tag to opposing players.
  5. Rework of scrapper and other traits affecting down skills.

@alphafert.6730 said:I am not a fan. I have played gw2 for over a year but just recently our small guild (3) got a guild hall and it is kind of forcing us to pvp/wvw. We can often do ok with our missions but (maybe its lack of skill) we res each other a lot getting us back much faster than running. This is going to cut out quite a few missions for us. pvp/wvw has been kind of an off-puting experience anyway

You can still ress though? It just means that you don't get to bring a guy back until the fight is decided which is perfectly fine since they by all means lost. Should you win the fight its not a long wait to get your team back up.

@Rysdude.3824 said:Im enjoying it as well. I like the risky feel of solo roaming. A bit tough when you encounter 2 or more roaming in a squad, but still fun.

Actually, solo roaming is easier with instant kills. In a 1vX (with X being two or more) you can now more reliably make kills. With downed state, they'd have a chance to res, while you don't benefit from downed state at all as a solo roamer.

Working this weekend and haven’t played yet. I run in a dedicated wvw guild. How did the meta at reset work out? The debate last week was between going full burst to generate quick kills vs tanking up for increased sustain. And how are the elementalists doing? Lol.

@Brother.1504 said:Working this weekend and haven’t played yet. I run in a dedicated wvw guild. How did the meta at reset work out? The debate last week was between going full burst to generate quick kills vs tanking up for increased sustain. And how are the elementalists doing? Lol.

I'll roll in the anecdotal evidence but it seems to be pretty balanced actually. Thanks to the latest Scourge nerfs pushes have become easier and the removed downstate makes them a whole lot deadlier (read: effective for the aggressing team) too from what I have seen.

@Brother.1504 said:Working this weekend and haven’t played yet. I run in a dedicated wvw guild. How did the meta at reset work out? The debate last week was between going full burst to generate quick kills vs tanking up for increased sustain. And how are the elementalists doing? Lol.

as far as my experience so far is, aside from ocasional DH trap spike here and there and necro's complaints about inability to rally after drop bomb I haven't notice much difference in compositions/fights on our server and servers we were matched against. Basically our dpsers needs to be more carefull, and ocasionally we loose some unnecessary points to those pesky DHs ;) (at highest derp single DH trap burst took out commander and half of his party when we were passing by a sentry... tbh I never thought DH traps even had that kind of alpha to take down 100%-0 my firebrand...

I really despise this no downstate week. It is not even 1% better than expected.

Large scale: Pretty much unchanged except as a support player I get even less loot now because I can no longer tag downstates.Small scale: Pretty much ruined because glascannons just one shot people you play with and there is nothing I can do to save them.

Time to get 1450 pips as soon as possible and leave WvW instantly after for the week.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@BlueMelody.6398 said:This is amazing for stealth+burst gankers, and arrow cart wizards, and absolute anathema for melee-only zerg players and identifiable commanders (pin-sniping is a thing).

This should definitely not be a permanent thing.

Permanent? No, but some huge changes to down state/ other mechanics.
  1. No invuln phase upon being downed.
  2. Greatly reduced res speed of down state players.
  3. No damaging skills from down state. Only a cc and the skill 4 heal to get yourself back up. You lost your hp, you don't get to continue the fight so enjoy watching from the sidelines. That guy taking you on 1v3 doesn't deserve to have a down picking away when by all means that player has lost until they are revived.
  4. No visible commander tag to opposing players.
  5. Rework of scrapper and other traits affecting down skills.

@alphafert.6730 said:I am not a fan. I have played gw2 for over a year but just recently our small guild (3) got a guild hall and it is kind of forcing us to pvp/wvw. We can often do ok with our missions but (maybe its lack of skill) we res each other a lot getting us back much faster than running. This is going to cut out quite a few missions for us. pvp/wvw has been kind of an off-puting experience anyway

You can still ress though? It just means that you don't get to bring a guy back until the fight is decided which is perfectly fine since they by all means lost. Should you win the fight its not a long wait to get your team back up.

No - that is a bug. There should be no ressing.

Archived