another laurel merchant

Can we have a laurel merchant for the guildhalls, please?

The core-topic is not new, having vendors in guildhalls helps to make them a base/home to players instead of a giant dollhouse. The most efficient add-on will never come, a TP npc. Why? ANet sells them for gems. A real bank-npc might also never come, because we can use the bank-feature in the scribe-station. The only vendor they have added so far was the commendation-vendor. So why do I ask for a laurel merchant?

Guildhalls can be used as a base or headquarters for the characters. They are instanced, so leaving them results in returning to the exact spot you have been before. If you are quick you have a good chance of landing in the same map instance as before. You can also stay in your squad while quickly jumping into the guildhall. Inside we have a repair-anvil, regular vendors to sell trash, a bank access (those who have unlocked a scribe station) and ofcourse the tavern as a source for the aweseome 24h buffs.

The laurel merchant offers a few imho intersting things. It sells item-boosters, experience boosters and coin boosters (questionable purpose). And you can purchase the advanced mining tools (sickle, axe, pick), ascended trinkets and infusions/enrichments.

Boosters and infinite gathering tools are sold on gemstore, so there is a big chance we never get a laurel vendor in the guildhalls as well. But it is worth a try. After all laurels are obtained for loging in and completing achievements = playing the game on a regular basis. Think about it.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:As I recall guild halls don’t have important NPCs such as the trading post because they don’t want guild halls to replace cities. They don’t want people disappearing into guild halls and leaving cities vacant. Guild halls for that reason will be limited in the features they offer.

except they were advertised on HoT launch to be supposed to be a proper staging ground for guilds, and they can't really go up to the task without some functionalities they miss so far.

and then it is not like thay are also selling access to places that are effectively replacing cities, by bringing all needed functionalities in much more compact spacing....

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:As I recall guild halls don’t have important NPCs such as the trading post because they don’t want guild halls to replace cities. They don’t want people disappearing into guild halls and leaving cities vacant. Guild halls for that reason will be limited in the features they offer.

except they were advertised on HoT launch to be supposed to be a proper staging ground for guilds, and they can't really go up to the task without some functionalities they miss so far.

and then it is not like thay are also selling access to places that are effectively replacing cities, by bringing all needed functionalities in much more compact spacing....

A staging grounds for guilds is not the same as a “one stop everything you need” place. They are a social gathering place for guildies. They aren’t supposed to be a replacement for cities, which is why they lack important NPCs. They want people to also go to cities to interact with all other players, not just disappear into guild halls for everything they need.I’m telling you ANet’s reasons as I remember them. If you have an argument against it, addresss it to ANet.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

A staging ground, yes. For guild missions. One place to start all the guild missions and port to the appropriate places. Everything else is as stated before: ANet do not want guild halls to replace cities. And if you place all functionalities of cities in the guild halls, they will.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

A staging grounds for guilds is not the same as a “one stop everything you need” place. They are a
social
gathering place for guildies. They aren’t supposed to be a replacement for cities, which is why they lack important NPCs. They want people to also go to cities to interact with all other players, not just disappear into guild halls for everything they need.I’m telling you ANet’s reasons as I remember them. If you have an argument against it, addresss it to ANet.

"staging ground for all guild activities" was the term I remember. but sure the good staging ground for a let's say wvw raid will not contain ani facilities helpfull to actually prepare for it cause why should it?

PS. and last time I visited a proper ingame city it was not really all that "socially" interactive anyway, 2-3 players talking out lound on map chap (as on any map) maybe one or two speaking in remote place and a big sea of people afking at the bank/tp/minding their own business without any wish to interact with anyone

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

A staging ground, yes. For guild missions. One place to start all the guild missions and port to the appropriate places. Everything else is as stated before: ANet do not want guild halls to replace cities. And if you place all functionalities of cities in the guild halls, they will.

during the advertisement guild missions were given as example "staging ground for guild activities, like for example guild missions" they also mentioned few times it was supposed to be "home" for those guilds.

and so far even building up that "home" get severly hampered by people having to port to lily of elon or other lounges like this just to grab the mats needed to be contributed to the treasury for that build up sigh

and then I'd have personally no issue with that if A: treasury guy was present in cities/lounges so one can at least contribute these things without porting back and forth between maps B: they were not monetising the very thing that is rendering cities obsolete and if a group can afford to actually build up all the functionalities of a guild hall grand most of them would probably easilly afford having permapass to those lounges which again render the whole point of "we don't want cities to die out" kinda moot

Like I said. That’s ANet’s reasons. They didn’t want to make cities irrelevant by putting important NPCs in guild halls and having people go there instead of cities. There’s no point arguing it with us. We are telling you what they said and why. If you want to lay out an argument for NPCs in guild then do it with a post directed at ANet.

Besides, monetization is important for GW2 because there's no monthly subscription fee. They need to get their money from somewhere. If they don't, this and all other arguments about the game are moot because there won't be a GW2 anymore. And those permanent passes you're talking about still lead to a place where all kinds of people gather, not just people of 1 particular guild. So these hubs serve an identical purpose as cities and are for everyone potentially, whereas a guild hall is only for a guild, not the general population. Apples and oranges, as far as I'm concerned.

Archived