HoT maps are dead.

Veprovina.4876

Ok, ok, clickbaity title, but seriously. No meta squads, no one on them lol.And i want to continue the HoT story and finish it before i move on to PoF, but i have to grind masteries and the only way to do that is by doing events on HoT maps...

So, how long do you think this'll last? I know PoF is brand new and people are excited, and i'd like to play it to, but what little i played seemed to require some previous story knowledge...Also, if anyone can tell me without too much spoilers. Is what happens in HoT relevant to what's happening ih PoF, should i play HoT first? Or can i play PoF without it spoiling the events that happen in HoT?

I'm at the part where you need Nuhoch mastery to progress in Tangled depths.

You only really need to play living story 3 first to understand pof. There will be major spoilers for HOT though.I expect HOT to be dead for about 1 week maybe while pofs still brand new.You can train your HOT masteries in living story 3 maps too if you have them, or do small HOT map events with a group of 2-3 people if you have a guild you can call on.On EU servers there are HOT maps running anyway so.. shouldnt be long for NA i guess.

verdant brink can easily be solod most events and theres a lot of non boss/champ events, but dragons stand map yeah is completely unplayable event wise, cuz well you even need like what 15? players to even start the event and the mobs there are killers.

Worst part is all the champ HPs which is yeah... :/

pro tip is to use LFG for open world on the HoT map you need and hope there is a squad going.

I'd say it will probably be a week or two before the population spreads back out to HoT and other maps. I would also think there will be quite a lot of people like me, where they've found PoF maps lacking and prefer the HoT ones, so will no doubt be spending time back in HoT once they've finished the PoF maps & story.

With regards to story remember there was also LS3 in between HoT and this. So jumping into PoF before doing that will have big spoilers for LS3.

I did look at LFG for squads, but it's unrealistic to expect anyone playing them right now. :PI don't have LS3 i think. How do i check that? I can start the story for LS3 in story journal, but i haven't tried it yet. I don't even know how living story works, do i have to buy the whole thing or each mission separately?

Anyway, i guess i can do without LS3 thing but since i already have HoT i'd like to finish it. I can grind Verdant brink i guess, i have that map 100% complete and the events there aren't as hard. Auric basin is ok too before the meta starts, but the meta is unplayable. Idk about tangled depths or dragon's stand yet, i've just "browsed" them lol, didn't try the events there at all.

I just need to grind mastery experience there, i already have all the HP's that i needed to unlock Mirage so i'm good...I guess i'll wait a bit to continue PoF story then... But still, HoT will take forever so idk...

What should i do? Play both HoT and PoF paralel or finish HoT first?

Well, if you worry about being spoiled for the end of HoT's story (or any major story beats up to this point) I can say that you definitely should consider waiting on PoF as a certain story instance has a sort of mini-recap of everything your character has done thus far. Including the end of HoT.

And I'll echo the others that the LWS3 stuff is more important to understanding PoF than HoT was for the most part. They unlocked for free if you logged in during the month or two they were new, after that each part of the season must be purchased in the gem store. So if you were logging consistently over that period you may have some/all of S3 waiting for you. Hope this helps :)

I... honestly can't recall what all they mentioned in S3? But it does spoil at least some of it, yes (as the story assumes you've done these things). I don't remember if they reference the end... well no at one point they almost certainly did yeah. So yeah it would likely also spoil, sorry.

Tbh grinding arbitrary masteries to progress the plot was the worst part of HoT. I understand gating content but I think they overdid it, especially with the maps being so solo unfriendly. Good luck and I hope you can move on soon!

Thanks, i'll check it out then. :smile:Any yeah, grinding to progress the story is kinda bad, i mean, i understand why they did it, the maps themselves are laid out in such a way, kinda metroidvania style where you can't get to some areas unless you have a certain thing (first it's gliding, etc...), but why on earth does it take so long. They could have made the exp curve a bit less steep but oh well. It is what it is.

I'll progress HoT first, then check up on LS3. Thanks!

@Veprovina.4876 said:Ok, ok, clickbaity title, but seriously. No meta squads, no one on them lol.And i want to continue the HoT story and finish it before i move on to PoF

You are aware of the fact that, when a new expansion comes out, the first week or two everyone will be only there, doing the story, achievements and exploration?

You simply chose the worst time to finish up HoT. What were you doing the past couple of weeks? ;)

@Haoasakura.5784 said:well u don't need other people to finish the personal story of HoT, and the only mastery required in one of the lower tier of gliding , so u can finish all the Story and jump in LS3 pretty easily

That's not true at all. You repeatedly have to unlock things to progress the story in each map, making you have to grind. And since you can't even put exp towards it until you've been there you can't have it pre-filled either.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Ok, ok, clickbaity title, but seriously. No meta squads, no one on them lol.And i want to continue the HoT story and finish it before i move on to PoF

You are aware of the fact that, when a new expansion comes out, the first week or two everyone will be only there, doing the story, achievements and exploration?

You simply chose the worst time to finish up HoT. What were you doing the past couple of weeks? ;)

I was doing HoT story... It takes a while you know? :tongue: And i only got it last week anyway when i bought both HoT and PoF.

@Haoasakura.5784 said:well u don't need other people to finish the personal story of HoT, and the only mastery required in one of the lower tier of gliding , so u can finish all the Story and jump in LS3 pretty easily

I know i can solo insances, but i need to grind masteries to even get to them. And no, gliding's not the only one you need, now i need Nuhoch mastery to progress, it even says so on the story page. But it's ok, i can grind Verdant brink for that.

But, tot he game's credit, this is the only MMO that got me to care about the story lol. So that's good i guess.And now i can't log in so it'll take a while hahaha.No matter, i'm in no hurry.

Based on five years of experience, I expect that we won't see 'normal' distributions of players across expansions until November. It will get better each week.

• Players always flock to the newest zones and stories.
  • Early adopters needed about 24-48 hours for each LS map added.
  • It's harder to estimate for an expansion because much is new. Ignoring those who forget to sleep this weekend, I'm guessing two weeks for early adopters. That's based on 3 chapters (compared to 1/LS), ~70 mastery points to use (vs ~14/LS), and six maps (vs 1/LS).
  • Add another two weeks for the vast amount of collections.
  • That brings us to Halloween, with its own distractions.

So in the end, it's going to take over a month before we start seeing folks distribute themselves more evenly. Of course, each day, more and more people will want a break from the new, some people will prefer HoT, some people never bought PoF, and so on. So the change will be gradual.

tl;dr if you need HoT stuff, either use LFG or wait at least a week. It might be a long time before things start to look normal again.

Hearing how the new maps don't have any huge metas and seeing the amount of cool gear tied to HoT, I can't imagine the population going anywhere. I tried DS today and it was as full as ever, second day of the expansion.

I was honestly expecting not to find a group, instead, 3 lanes running around on their mounts.

Is it just mastery points you need? If that's the case, there are plenty of ways to do so. Every single adventure in HoT offers 2 mastery points if you get gold, which includes the 1 you get from silver. Most require some form of mastery or a certain amount of progress in the story, but I think that'll give you enough to complete Nuhoch Hunting (which is the ladt mandatory mastery for HoT). If it's just experience you need, run around killing mobs or doing the events you can find. No need to do the big metas, even if they offer better loot and XP.

@Rognik.2579 said:Is it just mastery points you need? If that's the case, there are plenty of ways to do so. Every single adventure in HoT offers 2 mastery points if you get gold, which includes the 1 you get from silver. Most require some form of mastery or a certain amount of progress in the story, but I think that'll give you enough to complete Nuhoch Hunting (which is the ladt mandatory mastery for HoT). If it's just experience you need, run around killing mobs or doing the events you can find. No need to do the big metas, even if they offer better loot and XP.

I don't need points, i need experience to train a mastery. I ran around those maps collecting points so i have enough for now. But i need XP to continue the story. So i'll go to Verdant brink or Auric Basin and grind events there. I know i don't need metas to get XP but it speeds things up a bit.

Oh well...

Archived