[Suggestion] Different equipment by game mode : PvE, PvP, WvW and HL

Hi everybody,

Once again, sorry if this suggestion has already been made. I don't think I'm the only one to have it, but I still want to post it.

I don't think I'm wrong saying that you never play the same way in PvE, PvP, WvW or Raid / Fractals / Dungeons. Moreover, skills and abilities change when entering PvP or MvM. But we always wear the same gear, that we have to change manually... And for a versatile player like me, all this equipment also accumulates in the inventory.

It would be really interesting to equip gear for each game mode in the "equipment" window. I remember the time when we had the opportunity to customize our PvP, PvE and Town Clothing stuff. This old system could come back but offering now :

• PvE
  • PvP
  • WvW
  • HL : "High Level" combining Raid, Fractals and Dungeons. "HL" is probably not the perfect abbreviation.

The equipment would change depending on your actual area. This system would greatly facilitate the transition from one game mode to another and free some space in the inventory. I did a preview to show the idea.

QKvMBV3.jpg

Players not interested in a game mode would not have to fully equip themselves. For the others, it would give a new gear hunt. Of course, it would provide (as in the picture), a button to "switch" the gear from one mode automatically to another. It would avoid having to craft a second expensive equipment if you want to use the same or also having to change it manually when entering a different game mode.

I would like to specify a small error on my preview : the PvP mode has a different equipment management, the "switch menu" should not offer the PvP option. The pvp could work only by "skin" with the wardrobe (like in the past).

I am sure that some of you won't like the idea, but i would be happy to have it.

Thanks for reading my post and have a nice day.

I like this idea, however I would suggest not even bothering with the PvE/PvP/WvW/HL divide. Instead, give us 4 slots which we can rename and choose an icon for. That way if a player wants to have 3 PvE builds and one WvW, that is fine. Or if they have multiple WvW builds they can store them there. This would likely remove the auto-swap upon changing game modes. Also, doesn't PvP already auto-swap back to your last PvP build? I don't pvp often but every time I enter the lobby it seems to remember mine - except for the weapon which I have to change manually.

We had this to the game years ago. A PvE, PvP and Town clothes slots for your gear.It's a shame they took it away really, I liked to keep it seperated but as I don't play PvP or WvW anymore, who cares… I'll just stick to PvE and enjoy the free open world.

But I 1+ for this idea! :)

@Linken.6345 said:And you need spvp slot why now? since it already use a diffrent system with rune/sigil weapon/amulet already.Otherwise a good suggestion kinda like build templates people have been asking for around 5 years now.

When you enter pvp it doesn't change the weapons you have selected, you have to manually change them.

Archived