Dodging in random directions

i've heard a friend about it but i got to experience it myself twice today: Dodging in a different direction. to explain:

i ordered my elementalist to dodge backwards, avoiding cannons in wvw close to the sentry outside south bay. i was pressing S (walking backwards) and then pressed V (dodge key). instead of going backwards, i dodged forwards!later in 99 CM fractals: i was on engineer, trying to evade backwards again, pressing S and nothing else. Instead of going backwards, i went to the left! i wasn't pressing D or any other key to initiate a dodge towards that direction.

anyone else experiencing dodges going in random directions??

Hehe I hit this bug a lot while tanking VG. I call it, "The L Dodge". Yup, while tanking VG at the pillar during the first phase, I put my camera so that the pillar is on the right, and my toon is on the left facing the pillar. I have dodge set to a mouse button, so I just press the button to dodge (double tap to dodge disabled). Numerous times I press on my dodge button, like almost every time, and my toon starts dodging back and then down, i.e. dodges towards me (i.e. the camera). I think it has something to do with the camera position.

Archived