Need help with making gold please

So I went onto GW2Efficiency and it says I average between 7-8 hours of play time per day. And I average at 9 gold per day made. That means I'm only making a little bit over 1 gold per hour. I've tried going to Silverwastes and I salvage all the blues and greens and sell the materials. I also sell the rares. But this only gives me a couple gold. I've gone to Siren's Landing and Malchor's leap gathering lumber. This takes about 15-20 minutes and makes about 1.5 gold. I know I could do it with multiple characters but I almost fall asleep just doing it on 1 character. So surely there's a better way of making gold with just 1 character. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some other ways that you can make money is by completing dailies (doing the max number available each day gives you 2 gold), Dungeons (Arah in particular gives alot of money after each boss), Fractals (most of the junk you get from drops here are worth like, 50 silver) and maybe sell some of the rarer gear on the trading post. Hope this helps ya out!!! :3

When you "go to Silverwastes", are you joining the RIBA squads or are you just soloing on the instance you enter in? Where you get most of your loot is the chest trains that occurs after the Vinewrath boss mob is killed. The chest trains move fast, but someone else uses shovels and digs up the chests for you so you don't have to do that; you'll want to open as many chests as possible, and have lots of Bandit Keys ready for them. I buy several hundred at a time. You will be earning way more Bandit Crests than you need to buy that many keys.

You might also be overlooking the magic find bonus that doing Silverwastes events gives you. +150 MF total if you've done 5 events within the past hour, +50 after killing the Vinewrath, and this total of +200 MF is doubled when opening the chests during the chest trains. These bonuses vanish when you leave the Silverwastes map, so you want to open your loot bags there for maximum Magic Find.

If you don't have one right now, grab the Copper-Fed Salvager from the Gem Store; it just happens to be on sale right now. Right-click it and salvage all Masterwork and below to save yourself a lot of time while opening up all your loot bags.

I'm sorry if I'm stating stuff you already know, but if you're only earning 1 gold per hour there, I just have to wonder what you're missing.

It does depend where you are at in the game. If you're level 80, then you really can do better than 1g/hr. As mentioned above, you have a lot of options:

• Dailies: Easy 2g in 15mins or less. One/two PvP match is sufficient in general. Then you can do one vista/ nodes gathering daily.
  • Dungeons: 5g after 5 runs (not sure if it still is a thing. Check on this) However, they can take a while to do and finding groups for these may be difficult from what I hear as I haven't been doing dungeons for more than 2 years.
  • Fractals: Again, fairly easy to do. T3 is where the gold really starts flowing with all the junks. However reaching the higher Tiers may take some resources/investment/gold/time due to building up agony resistance. Parties are easy to find.
  • Trading post: You can play this if you are good trader. Finding stuff cheap and selling it for a higher price. "Easy" to do in principles but may require in-depth knowledge of the market trends to make a lot of gold. No need to run around but arguably less exciting and can take time as you are completely depend on other players selling/buying.

You can be more precise when salvaging too.

For greens and blue: Salvaging heavy armor is not worth it. Sell those to the merchants. All you will get is some mithril ore and a rune. That would probably sell at less than 1silver on the tp. Salvage mainly light and medium if you are feeling lucky. The mats that you will get from these will sell at decent prices on the tp. Weapons can just be sold or salvaged. It really depends on the mats that you get back. Iron ore and Elder Wood go for good prices. So it's up to how lucky you're feeling.For Gold items: Check their selling prices on the tp against the ecto prices. If their selling prices, is lower than ectos, salvage them. Using mystic salavage kits. Don't use green salavage kits or below. The rates of getting ectos are too low otherwise.

Currently favorable farms (not all of which are repeatable multiple times per day):

• Auric Basin Octovine every 2 hours (use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers or similar for world event timers)
  • Tangled Depths Chack Gerent ever 2 hours (right before Auric Basin)
  • Silverwastes RIBA
  • 5 dungeon runs with an experienced party
  • gathering Winterberries for Unbound Magic in the Winterberry forest
  • Palawadan in The Domain of Istan
  • T4 Fractals and CMs if you are able to do those
  • gathering wood, leather or similar farms
  • using crafting cool downs daily on ascended materials
  • gathering in a full or nearly full home instance
  • complete daily

Realize that we are currently in a very deflated market, meaning many prices are bottomed out. Makes it nice and cheap to buy things, but also reduces gold per hour gained on items and materials.

Don't burn out on a single farm. Play the game, try to weave in farms when you feel like it for fun. You will quit otherwise, guaranteed.

Best advice overall:Spend less than you earn.

@"circuitnerd.5863" said:So I went onto GW2Efficiency and it says I average between 7-8 hours of play time per day. And I average at 9 gold per day made. That means I'm only making a little bit over 1 gold per hour. I've tried going to Silverwastes and I salvage all the blues and greens and sell the materials. I also sell the rares. But this only gives me a couple gold. I've gone to Siren's Landing and Malchor's leap gathering lumber. This takes about 15-20 minutes and makes about 1.5 gold. I know I could do it with multiple characters but I almost fall asleep just doing it on 1 character. So surely there's a better way of making gold with just 1 character. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are always the dailies, of course. The quickest is usually PvP, as a single win will often complete all 3 dailies and even a loss will get you 2! That's a quick 2g.

HoT metas are good. The amalgamated gemstone you can choose as a reward once per day from each HoT meta is worth 1g75s+, and you get a lot of other loot besides. My favorite is to hit up the TD meta at x:30 and then hop over to AB immediately afterward for that meta. Doing that would net you a lot more than 1g in an hour!

If you have the gear for it and don't have trouble completing them, T4 fractal dailies usually reward around 10g just from vendor trash opening the encryptions.

Tequatl is usually worth doing for the gold as well. I did this world boss at reset yesterday and it rewarded 1g plus several chests to open (no luck for me yesterday on that!).

Then there are the usual suspects like Silver Wastes and Palawadan (Istan).

I'm with you. I really can't stand "farming" when it doesn't feel like really playing the game. But there are plenty of ways to get the gold you need without turning the game into a chore. It just depends on what you want to do on any given day!

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Sephylon.4938 said:Try palawadan farming. What level is the toon you're opening the sw bags on?

What exactly do you do with the stuff from Palawadan though? Sell all the unidentified gear? All rarity types? Also I open the SW bags on a lvl 80 character. All I have is lvl 80.

I sell everything I get in the tp. You can also use the currency you get to buy supply creates and sell the mats you get from them. Sw is more profitable is you open the bags on a lvl 30-50 toon since you get iron and/or plat instead of mithril, and those 2 sell for a higher price than mithril.

Here's a tip for the wood: seasoned, hard and elder wood is often worth more refined than raw. For iron, raw is generally better than refined iron/steel. Same for platinum (as it makes platinum/darksteel refined). Dredgehaunt Cliffs is all seasoned wood (and the majority of Blazeridge Steppes). Sparkfly is all hard wood, as well as the lower 80% of Timberline Falls and a decent chunk of Mt. Maelstrom. Orr is your go-to stop for elder wood unless you're roaming HoT/PoF, in which case do this while waiting for key metas to pop.

As for magic-warped packets in LW S3 areas, the chance yield of ascended mats is pretty low, and isn't really worth the attempt to flip.

Archived