What's your favorite playable race?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asuras, they are kinda cute for me and I love their cultures, their environments, I'm a real fan of their architecture and their manner of living. Due to all these arguments I will vote or them, I want to be one of them, have a lab, be a mad scientist, Invent something that would change the world. Also Asuras for me give infinite possibilities of customization, for role-plays and the home instance is one of the best... Rata Sum is well designed, everything in the same place :D ^^

Human is too stereotyped for me, and I was never fan of plant peoples. Charr and Norn are interesting.

Human, because for me, it is much easier to give them a nice appearance (body, face, clothes...), what matters a lot to me, and they are the easiest at jumping, what is my favourite activity. =)

Norn:I have one, that I however don't use to play (she is my grandmaster armorsmith and used for that only). I have given up on Norn, because their apparent slow motion drives me crazy, and there are too many problems of camera due to their size, while jumping or/and in confined space.Silvari:I have only one. I like them, but there is only one face I like! The one I use... As long as no new face I like for them, I will stay with only one.Asura:Same than for silvari. I have one only, because only one face I like, with in addition the problem that I don't achieve to manage jumping with them.Charr:I have none. Appearance is too important to me. I can't cope with their look. I can't dress any. And at the top of it, I can't jump with them at all.

i only play humans!i've created and deleted several norns and salads, and i can't seem to appreciate their appearance enough.

fashion in games is very important to me, but that includes having an identifiable physique and skin tone. i can't identify with lettuce, no matter how cute they are.

Part of the reason I started the game was that Asura seemed interesting, and once I got in the game, and met their weird, egomaniacal-genius culture, I loved it. I love their animations, and the energy they always seem to have compared to the other races. When I've completed a tough quest or event, and my Asura jumps up and down happily, ears flapping, it feels right. It just looks silly if I make a Norn or Charr do the same. I love the Asura architecture, the tranquil nature-harmonic mossy stone laboratories, and even the Death-Star-like Inquest labs.

I am also quite fond of Charr and Sylvari. Humans I find a bit boring, and Norn actively annoy me.

My absolutely 1st favorites are of course Human, because of GW1 and their lore... (Ascalon, Elona, Kryta, Cantha etc)2nd place is shared place to Norn and Sylvari, I love them so much! :)4th is Asura5th would be Charr

I do have created 3 Charrs and 3 Asuras and I am playing all of the races but I play 5% Asuras & Charr all together, the rest is only screentime for Humans, Norns and Sylvaris.

The Charr shall rule! The Asura drive me nuts, and as far as I'm concerned, the other three choices are humans, tall humans, and plant humans. While I understand that some people think, "Hey, I'm a human, therefore I'm going to play as one," I think that logic goes against the whole point of RPGs. If I'm just going to play a carbon copy of myself, then why play? I am myself in real life after all. The purpose of RPGs, and games in general, is to allow people to escape real life.

@"Uden Reavstone.3426" said:The Charr shall rule! The Asura drive me nuts, and as far as I'm concerned, the other three choices are humans, tall humans, and plant humans. While I understand that some people think, "Hey, I'm a human, therefore I'm going to play as one," I think that logic goes against the whole point of RPGs. If I'm just going to play a carbon copy of myself, then why play? I am myself in real life after all. The purpose of RPGs, and games in general, is to allow people to escape real life.

Hey, who let you out of the cage.

Archived