Supporting LGBT logo of GW2

Timo.1065

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're missing the most common opinion in your poll. I don't mind LGBT, I dont care about the logo either way.

Theres a good amount of LGBT content in the actual game, clearly ANet supports the idea. Anyone who gets worked up over the logo as a positive or negative is ridiculous. The game content itself has been supporting this idea since release.

I was actually seriously thinking about seeing if I could get a t-shirt with that particular logo on it. The first t-shirt they gave out before the game came out I no longer have as I wore it out. I would wear a t-shirt with that logo on it. When I see ANet at E3 I will ask about getting one.As for LGBTQIA --- I am really sure myself (Christine) and my wife (Abbey) have no problem ....... and I am sure the rather large crowd that we saw at ClexaCon has no problems either.

I am all for being gay and everything.Your body, your consequences.But i really believe games and such should be free of political media and somewhat forced support groups.

I mean, its okay if a guild holds a pride walk in-game. That's their doing. But anet shouldn't take sides in any political or societal issue, lest you incite quarrel from other groups.

Next you'll get demands from the pink ribbon, aids groups, and all other. Then you can't say no anymore and anet will soon be flying a different flag every day.

I vote for a politics free game and forum

1. Every piece of culture is political. Every expressions is political. Even the stance "i do not care about politics" is a political stance. Politics is just an expression of a viewpoint. And the viewpoint is basically how you view your life and the world, including what entertains you. How could it not, even unconsciously, part of any creative media. Its like asking to breath without oxygen.

2. The game is already taking a specific stance on the matter based on content. Its the logo that made the difference?

3. You are missing an option in the poll: I do not even care about a logo- why should I? There are more important things to care about.

As Ayakaru said, the demands become more and more until they're unreasonable. Anet already supports this through their content as many have pointed out. Now you're mad because that's not enough and you're demanding they change their logo. Then, if/when that's done, you'll decide that isn't enough and make another demand that's one step up, and so on and so on until it very quickly becomes unreasonable or more likely begins to infringe on another subgroup of people. Does Arenanet have to change their logo for black history month? Do they have to change their logo for jewish american heritage month? What about other places besides the united states? LGBT history month is February in the UK, but oh wait thats black history month is the US. Who gets to decide what anet does with their logo for February? Can't have one without excluding the other. LBGT isn't even the only celebrated group for June, why do they get June and the others are excluded? If you can't see the problem with going down this route, then you really are only making this suggestion to benefit yourself and no one else.

Edit: you've also created the poll answers with clear bias and and a purposeful disregard for anyone who disagrees with the suggestion.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:As Ayakaru said, the demands become more and more until they're unreasonable. Anet already supports this through their content as many have pointed out. Now you're mad because that's not enough and you're demanding they change their logo. Then, if/when that's done, you'll decide that isn't enough and make another demand that's one step up, and so on and so on until it very quickly becomes unreasonable or more likely begins to infringe on another subgroup of people. Does Arenanet have to change their logo for black history month? Do they have to change their logo for jewish american heritage month? What about other places besides the united states? LGBT history month is February in the UK, but oh wait thats black history month is the US. Who gets to decide what anet does with their logo for February? Can't have one without excluding the other. LBGT isn't even the only celebrated group for June, why do they get June and the others are excluded? If you can't see the problem with going down this route, then you really are only making this suggestion to benefit yourself and no one else.

Who is demanding what?

Arenanet decided to do something with their own logo. Are you arguing that they shouldnt be allowed to do what they want with their own property?

@Plautze.6290 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:I miss the "I don't give kitten" button, please fix!

It is easy to say "I don't care" I did that on purpose.

Of course you did that on purpose. Otherwise "I don't care" would dominate your poll.

There's literally no options other than 3 choices of "what a great idea!" and 1 choice of "I'm a horrible person" while completely ignoring the broad spectrum of views. But I guess that's really all politics in general is today; agree with me or you're a bad person, while ignoring the broad spectrum of humanity.

i think it's nice. i don't have any issues with ANet doing so, considering it's pride month.

i don't see it as a political/religious topic, even though it comes up in the context of both very frequently. it's moreso celebrating a victory for human rights.

@Phasendrache.1320 said:I think you're missing the most common opinion in your poll. I don't mind LGBT, I dont care about the logo either way.

Theres a good amount of LGBT content in the actual game, clearly ANet supports the idea. Anyone who gets worked up over the logo as a positive or negative is ridiculous. The game content itself has been supporting this idea since release.

I just want to point out that the 'I don't mind, I don't care' post has more thumbs-up at this point than any of the poll choices has votes.

Archived