Can we keep no down state?

@daydreamer.3092 said:no downstate will only reduce build diversity and we need more not less in wvw.

How would it reduce build diversity? If they keep it around they could actually provide more options to provide more effectiveness and utility in WvW by changing how some skills work.

Just as some examples, because I'm sure this is part of the concern:

WvW only changesWarrior:Make Battle Standard revive 1 or 2 players from death (probably keep it at 1), possibly increase the CD to 240 seconds (4 minutes) reduce the radius and have it so the player corpse closest to the placement is the one affected.

Guardian:Signet of Courage could aalso revive 1 or 2 players within its active radius (currently 1,200 but I would suggest reducing it for this change) on top of its normal effect. Definitely increase the cooldown on this one, either up to 180 seconds (3 minutes) the same as what the Battle Standard has now, or also increase it to 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Revenant:Add to a trait in the Salvation line (possibly Selfless Amplification considering what it already does) that allows Ventari's Tablet to be consumed to res 1 or 2 players within a radius and this has an internal cooldown of 180 seconds (3 minutes) or 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Ranger:Similar change to how Battle Standard works for Warrior, change Spirit of Nature so that it would revive 1 or 2 players from death when you use its active skill. This would normally revive 5 players within a radius of 600 from their downed state. Increase its cooldown to 180 seconds (3 minutes) or 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Engineer (Scrapper):Allow Function Gyro to be used to revive 1 or 2 players from death, which this may require targeting their corpses considering how Function Gyro already works. Put this on a similar internal cooldown of 180 seconds (3 minutes) or 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Elementalist (Tempest):Add to the trait Elemental Bastion so that it allows Rebound to revive 1 or 2 players from death within a radius and give that an internal cooldown of 180 seconds (3 minutes) or 240 seconds (4 minutes).

As a blanket suggestion for all of these changes I would suggest making it so that the skills with a radius (Battle Standard, Signet of Courage, Ventari's Tablet, Spirit of Nature, and Rebound) be given a sort of blanket 240 radius for the revive from death effect. Its still large enough to grab who you're aiming for accurately while not being too much of an area of effect, as well as making them all revive the player closest to the point of origin of the radius.

They could do so much with this to make PvP in WvW so much better. Downed state skills are just...annoying and a hindrance honestly in WvW. PvP has just felt so much better with Downed State gone in WvW specifically as a game mode. People don't like change, I understand, but once people get used to it and possibly even improve in their actual gameplay skill with their class of choice then they will probably come to like the removal of the Downed State in WvW.

As a side note, if anyone played GW1 GvG then you'd know that the majority of your team would bring a Res Signet as a part of their build. This was so that if say one of your Monks went down you could get them back up and keep them in the fight, or if you lost your Hammer Warrior spiker you could get them back up and get them back to doing what they needed to do. Not every build would use it, some specific ones went without it in favor of other utility options but they would still try to have enough people bring them into the match.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@daydreamer.3092 said:no downstate will only reduce build diversity and we need more not less in wvw.

How would it reduce build diversity? If they keep it around they could actually provide more options to provide more effectiveness and utility in WvW by changing how some skills work.

im looking forward to see the perma invi revive subgroup ;)

@daydreamer.3092 said:

im looking forward to see the perma invi revive subgroup ;)

Elaborate. Perma invis from what and who now? Those are the only classes I would suggest doing that on, not adding it for every class. Thief doesn't need it, Mesmer doesn't need it, Necro doesn't need it. I'd also only advise keeping the number revived to 1, I only put 2 in there as a means of "this is the maximum I would say is reasonable". This would mean that for instance the Warrior would need to choose between Battle Standard or Winds of Disenchantment. Both would be very strong options in a zerg on zerg fight. For some of the other classes it would also make some elite skills previously that were mostly just useless actually become viable in a zerg scenario, mostly the Spirit of Nature from Ranger and possibly even Signet of Courage considering most Firebrands are going to hold onto their Mantra of Liberation for the Stability uptime and allied Stun break.

Archived