Unlock Glider...how soon after starting HoT?

@Baelfrie.3917 said:Pretty quickly. The story gates you with it after like the first mission. I think you have to build up the mastery exp and spend a point on it but I don't remember much of a grind (the rest of HoT on the other hand...)

Yup, it does gate you behind the glider basics mastery before you can go further. But yes, you do have to build up the experience points to spend your first mastery point to get it. I would suggest going to a guild hall (if one of your guilds has an upgraded one) to visit the tavern and get the free 24-hour XP booster. Also purchase cheap food and utility items off of the Trading Post, as those all give a flat 10% XP boost when you kill mobs.

Complete the chapter Prologue: Rally to Maguuma and you'll unlock the mastery track. Then you need to get enough XP to train up the first tier and 1 mastery point to spend on it.

Importantly you can only earn XP towards HoT mastery tracks in HoT maps (same for the other mastery tracks) so you'll need to stay in Verdant Brink doing events and things until you unlock it.

Longer term I strongly recommend unlocking Advanced Gliding when you can. It means you can glide indefinitely, instead of losing endurance and dropping after a while. It makes gliding a lot more useful, especially when combined with the earlier abilities like updrafts and lean techniques.

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, xdandeman.3647 said:

After you train and spend a mastery pt you have it and just use the space key to activate.   the answer is that simple.  Can't believe after all this time it's so hard to get simple answers.

Yea and the second post already answered the OP so this kitten 5 year old necro was not needed.

On 9/24/2017 at 8:58 PM, Baelfrie.3917 said:

Pretty quickly. The story gates you with it after like the first mission. I think you have to build up the mastery exp and spend a point on it but I don't remember much of a grind (the rest of HoT on the other hand...)

• Like 3