Squirrel Outfit — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Squirrel Outfit

Please make a squirrel outfit that can be used in WVW.
It will sell like hotcakes if it has a big bushy tail and cute whiskers. Oh and if it could make a squirrel noise or two all the better!
The cheaper the better in the trading post as these will be good for gifting other players.
:) Thank you!

<1

Comments

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

@Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:
    It will sell like hotcakes if it has a big bushy tail and cute whiskers. Oh and if it could make a squirrel noise or two all the better!
    The cheaper the better in the trading post as these will be good for gifting other players.

Best request I've seen for a long, long time!

Make Squirrel Outfit Come True!

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭

Well... I'm not against this! :D

• I am 100% for this. I often tell scouts to watch out for squirrels contesting and sniping objectives in WvW. Now they'll have to take me seriously. B)

• particlepinata.9865particlepinata.9865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

Squirrel wars, choose your faction of Squirrel and make your Squirrel family happy.

• kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

I am all in favor of less-than-serious stuff, so, heck yeah!

116199.jpg

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

As long they sound like alvin the chipmunk when reporting incoming.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭

No. And my body is not 7 characters short.

Praise Joko!

• Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah yeah yeah.. this guy gets it..

and while we're at it can we have a warhorn that has the same squeaky howls the Hyena bounty from Crystal Oasis has. This is important too!

• Loboling.5293Loboling.5293 Member ✭✭✭

Loboling approves of squirrel outfit. In fact, he would certainly purchase such an outfit and roleplay with his nuts.

• Wait a sec.. why a squirrel outfit for wvw? Why not for all? XD I would LOVE an outfit like that<3

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

Well my username should make obvious my approval of an idea like this.

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭

@Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

Only if it comes with a a unique squirrel glider!

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018

@Zauriel Mooncat.4968 said:
    Wait a sec.. why a squirrel outfit for wvw? Why not for all? XD I would LOVE an outfit like that<3

@derd.6413 said:
    That's an odd request

Squirrel/Squirreling is slang in some large scale combat games (ones big enough to develop zerg mentality) to describe a behavior very often displayed by undisciplined players, who are easily distracted, developing tunnel vision, or otherwise chasing a target to the exclusion of every other potential threat; including, but not limited to, being separated from their group, right into an ambush, or baited into doing something stupid. The description is based certain domesticated hunting animals (particularly dogs and cats, and especially puppies), which will focus so hard on a target, it begins ignoring everything around it.

The popularity of the term "SQUIRREL!" comes form the movie UP!, where its a running gag with the talking dogs..... despite there never being a Squirrel.

Squirrel-SM.png

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Zauriel Mooncat.4968 said:
    Wait a sec.. why a squirrel outfit for wvw? Why not for all? XD I would LOVE an outfit like that<3

@derd.6413 said:
    That's an odd request

Squirrel/Squirreling is slang in some large scale combat games (ones big enough to develop zerg mentality) to describe a behavior very often displayed by undisciplined players, who are easily distracted, developing tunnel vision, or otherwise chasing a target to the exclusion of every other potential threat; including, but not limited to, being separated from their group, right into an ambush, or baited into doing something stupid. The description is based certain domesticated hunting animals (particularly dogs and cats, and especially puppies), which will focus so hard on a target, it begins ignoring everything around it.

The popularity of the term "SQUIRREL!" comes form the movie UP!, where its a running gag with the talking dogs..... despite there never being a Squirrel.

Squirrel-SM.png

In that case they should sell a pack including a puppy outfit and a squirrel mini.
    Although IMO it would be more clear if they just made a LEMMING outfit for WvW...

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭

Man, I hope that this is a fake request. I really don't want to see GW2 headed down this path...

The Quarren Family:
    Lyta - Soulbeast (main)
    Brittany - Holosmith
    Sirenia - Weaver
    Katrina - Mirage
    Undine - Reaper
    Jadzia - Renegade
    Deneve - Firebrand
    Naomi - Spellbreaker

• moonstarmac.4603moonstarmac.4603 Member ✭✭✭

I second the Squirrel outfit...I also bring forth the motion for the Bunny and Cat outfits as well.

Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) of Ehmry Bay
    My Ryzen Rig

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

@sorudo.9054 said:
    they could at least add a tail pack, the only problem is charr characters........ (i really need a cat tail for my ranger.)

This, to me, would start to make the game too anime. No thanks.

The Quarren Family:
    Lyta - Soulbeast (main)
    Brittany - Holosmith
    Sirenia - Weaver
    Katrina - Mirage
    Undine - Reaper
    Jadzia - Renegade
    Deneve - Firebrand
    Naomi - Spellbreaker

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

you have never played final fantasy have you.....

• No squirrel outfit for me, but I would like a glider that turns you into a flying squirrel.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

Actually, yes. It's a part of why I'm here in GW2. ;)

The Quarren Family:
    Lyta - Soulbeast (main)
    Brittany - Holosmith
    Sirenia - Weaver
    Katrina - Mirage
    Undine - Reaper
    Jadzia - Renegade
    Deneve - Firebrand
    Naomi - Spellbreaker

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

ff has always been anime. gw2 isn't stop trying to make it.

@derd.6413 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

ff isn't anime, it's called asian, stop putting everything in one box and put a sticker on it.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

Wings, Cat-ears, all the shiny stuff etc, honestly most animes looks pretty bland compared to gw2 these days.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary: 2. opinion = immunity to being told your wrong" -Gharkash,giantitp

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

ff isn't anime, it's called asian, stop putting everything in one box and put a sticker on it.

if you ignore the cute mascot character, cat-ppl, the shape/size of their eyes, physics defying hair, over all character design, oversized weapons
    do i need to go on because i can.

ff as a franchise has always had roots in anime just like most JRPGs. they might have toned it down in ff14 but it's still very much anime-ish

• Chay.7852Chay.7852 Member ✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018

we don't even have squirrels in GW2, do we...? at least we have cats and rabbits - so cat and rabbit ears make some sense ;)

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

if you ignore the cute mascot character, cat-ppl, the shape/size of their eyes, physics defying hair, over all character design, oversized weapons
    do i need to go on because i can.

ff as a franchise has always had roots in anime just like most JRPGs. they might have toned it down in ff14 but it's still very much anime-ish

You do realize all of those tropes have roots in Disney and WB cartoons, right? FF1-5 didn't have a distinctly "anime" aesthetic; it was just cartoonish pixel art with a bright color pallet. The whole "its anime" thing didn't really become a thing until 6- and that only became a major distinction due to the additional artwork in the game. If you started on 7, I'd agree with you. If you want to really make an argument about JRPGs and Anime roots, that would go to (at the very least) Dragon Quest and Akira Toriyama. Come to think of it.... FF leaned more toward western art styles and D&D influences in its earlier games.

Its also doubly ironic that most later FF games are distinctly japanese looking, but the styles they're trying to mimic are distinctly Western in origin.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭

I also appreciate Makoto's... "character", and I wouldn't be against an outfit like hers.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭

Ya know what, sure why the hell not!

• maxan.7836maxan.7836 Member ✭✭

Um fetish gear- May be later - For now a new wardrobe up date would be fab - All character gear is running stale -

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

Get your inner furry on!

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah let's all get a city pole rat outfit. Maybe a squirrel mount would be more fun, we could all go climb a tree. :o

• Raven.1524Raven.1524 Member ✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Man, I hope that this is a fake request. I really don't want to see GW2 headed down this path...

It makes sense in the WvW context, not really on any other game mode.

• Scud.5067Scud.5067 Member ✭✭✭

REQUEST DENIED

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.