No downstate has been a massive breath of fresh air in an absurdly stagnant game mode.

Blue.1207

Gonna be honest here. I think I would have accepted literally ANY kind of WvW weekend at this point in the game modes life (excluding the infamous golem week). The mode, and almost everyone I regularly WvW/play with thinks the game mode is staler than a 2 year old piece of bread. The Alliance update has been semi-confirmed by server leads and dev's to be coming in around 6 months time. I don't know about you, but given the rate of change, and the absurd lineup of AAA games coming out this fall winter, ANET really needs to deliver on it's content, but at the same time, take a look at keeping WvW fresh.

The game has major competition. Most of my long term GW2 buddies have pondered off to Fortnight and Overwatch (memes I know). I have little doubt in my mind that the few that remain will let Monster Hunter or BF5 pass them by. Heck, even some guildies are excited about BFA (something I never thought I'd say).

Anet needs more changes like this. Be it permanent or not, in an effort to keep the mode fresh, rewarding, and most importantly: fun. Guild wars 2 has always been that golden MMO that you can return to at any point in time. But honestly I don't see there being a point to return if it's just the same old stale gameplay that results in people afking in Stonemist for 6 hours.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to 1 shot groups while I can avoid being mindlessly spammed by someone spamming 1 from the ground.

WvW community is divided by this.... as a roamer i cant care less.... but once i jump in group ... i can pick ppl ... one burst them ... and jump away.... from my perspective.... interesting... from enemy killed it doesnt look so funny... will power mirage appear.... you dead... he dissapear. (same with daredevil) ...

Afking you wrote about was same as another weeks... no difference.

Talking about another games is pointless.... ppl who jump on new games are not dedicated players .... nobody cares about them.... this type of gamers... are hyped for new game... in 2 weeks are bored to hell... jump to another.... they purpose is just buy game, play, buy another. They dont build constant community... just hyped jumps... like it was with pubg...

Definitely wvw maps seems more populated now, I don't know if it's related to the event extra wxp and reward tracks.

Yesterday for the first time I had all borderlands and eb quequed with 10+ people each and I couldn't get in, never happened before.

As a solo roamer i enjoy the no downed state, it's good to win those 1vs2 instead of losing by skilless players who get ressed 9 times out of 10.

Downstate is a core problem of wvw ^. Havaing those invuln frames mean that downs eat alot of damage meant for other players. I don't get the complaint about cheese gank builds, they are no more prominent than before if you played wvw. Now you can counter cheese groups because they cant just cheese stealth ress each other 24/7.

I think no downstate is pretty neatno more lost loot drops while you sit in downstate :-pjust kiddingAlthough it feels kinda alien I actually like it that I dont have to wait for if I would somehow rally or dieso I now can respawn much faster

@Turk.5460 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I'll never understand why some people try to present FPS and Single-Player games as competition for an MMO like GW2. They're not.

So if I uninstall gw2 to make room on my SSD for the fall lineup, Anett shouldn't be worried?

1) You're not going to.I will and have, multiple times. Gw2 is a fallback. CU (beta in 6 weeks!) may well be the last uninstall. I've no time for multiple mmo's2) Upgrade your PC?Have you looked at memory prices lately?250g is adequate for three big games. Playing more simultaneously is impractical and steam doesn't charge per gigabit.

So yeah, GW2 is directly competing for my time and money with other game genre's.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@santenal.1054 said:I like the removal of downstate. Builds that otherwise lack stomping capabilities can now be used for roaming and Troll ressing has disappeared.

what do you mean by lack stomping capabilities?

A build that cant stomp a warrior/guard/engi/necro/ranger on the first try due to a lack of stability, instantblind, ect.... in teamfights such a lack of basic capability puts you at a real disadvantage.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I'll never understand why some people try to present FPS and Single-Player games as competition for an MMO like GW2. They're not.

So if I uninstall gw2 to make room on my SSD for the fall lineup, Anett shouldn't be worried?

1) You're not going to.I will and have, multiple times. Gw2 is a fallback. CU (beta in 6 weeks!) may well be the last uninstall. I've no time for multiple mmo's2) Upgrade your PC?Have you looked at memory prices lately?250g is adequate for three big games. Playing more simultaneously is impractical and steam doesn't charge per gigabit.

So yeah, GW2 is directly competing for my time and money with other game genre's.

You're really joining that Hype train? That game is going to be awful. Have you seen what they are promising? It's "balance" basically vague hypocritical promises that don't make sense thematically or logically. There is an entire thread regarding this in the old forums and how that joke of a game idea has been "in development" since 2012 and doesn't even have character models yet...

You will be here in GW2 in 6 weeks :)

@"Blodeuyn.2751" said:I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@"Blodeuyn.2751" said:I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

No different than PvP :p

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Downstate is a core problem of wvw ^. Havaing those invuln frames mean that downs eat alot of damage meant for other players. I don't get the complaint about cheese gank builds, they are no more prominent than before if you played wvw. Now you can counter cheese groups because they cant just cheese stealth ress each other 24/7.

What if rally out of thin air after u lost a battle cause ur target got ganked/spiked is the real issue, and players dont actually need to help the downed player nor care about what to do, but rather all they need to do is spam all high easy access damage skills on target that downed the ally?

Archived