Does A.E.D work in WvW currently or kills you

Sleepwalker.1398

i use it in spvp and wvw and it works when you are used to it and take gadgeteer trait . the only really really important thing is , if u use alchemy you have NOT to take self regulating defenses otherwise every time you proc elixir S you die as no tomorrow

@EUmad.7645 said:i use it in spvp and wvw and it works when you are used to it and take gadgeteer trait . the only really really important thing is , if u use alchemy you have NOT to take self regulating defenses otherwise every time you proc elixir S you die as no tomorrow

what this person said , the issue with AED isnt just that the 4s effect duration is short but also that AED's cooldown is a whopping 30 seconds gadgeteer lowers it to 24 wich brings its healing output to healing turret level ish -2k if your enemy doesnt trigger the super heal it does cleanse all harming condies instead of just 2 anyways so i wouldnt call it an inferior heal

I never liked A.E.D. Sure the heal you get when the timer expires is massive, but what makes it the worst healing skill is not only because of the long cooldown which you have to use the Gadgeteer trait in order to reduce the cooldown, but also because you have to let your opponent hit you in order to get the full heal. If your opponent knows you are using A.E.D., they will not attack you for a few seconds and just like that you have wasted your heal.

I ve gotten AED to work well so far with quickness elixir and stab from bulwark gyro when against multiple foes or heavy cc enemy like chronomancerenemy cant pay attention to your aed if you're all up in their face angrily fixing their faces with the fix-r-upper

@Hoodie.1045 said:but also because you have to let your opponent hit you in order to get the full heal. If your opponent knows you are using A.E.D., they will not attack you for a few seconds and just like that you have wasted your heal.

This is the wrong mentality to have. Every other heal is used in a sustain heavy build— the traditional Engineer build we have seen. You pop your heal to respond to damage for those other heals, this one you use to press the attack.

I use this skill on a full glass Holosmith, Static Discharge with Rifle Turret and Photon wall. You use A.E.D. offensively, and pop it when you are at 50% health and other classes would normally pull back and cycle heals/defensive skills. At this point, you basically get 8 seconds to go full berserk on your opponent and almost always they either spike you back defensively for a 12k heal (and shock aura stun for further cc) or you just kill them outright. Very few classes can out-sustain the pressure a Static Discharge Holosmith can drop during this window without also counter-pressuring to proc the full A.E.D. heal. Using Photon wall offensively also plays into your strategy here, along with Spectrum Shield— 3 seconds of block, 4 seconds of Spectrum Shield, well timed dodges and Heat Therapy fill in the remaining 16 seconds before you get another A.E.D. window of 8 more seconds of full pressure or big heal.

This heal is great with the right build. Never use it on a Scrapper though, and avoid it on your average Engineer build.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:but also because you have to let your opponent hit you in order to get the full heal. If your opponent knows you are using A.E.D., they will not attack you for a few seconds and just like that you have wasted your heal.

This is the wrong mentality to have. Every other heal is used in a sustain heavy build— the traditional Engineer build we have seen. You pop your heal to respond to damage for those other heals, this one you use to press the attack.

I use this skill on a full glass Holosmith, Static Discharge with Rifle Turret and Photon wall. You use A.E.D. offensively, and pop it when you are at 50% health and other classes would normally pull back and cycle heals/defensive skills. At this point, you basically get 8 seconds to go full berserk on your opponent and almost always they either spike you back defensively for a 12k heal (and shock aura stun for further cc) or you just kill them outright. Very few classes can out-sustain the pressure a Static Discharge Holosmith can drop during this window without also counter-pressuring to proc the full A.E.D. heal. Using Photon wall offensively also plays into your strategy here, along with Spectrum Shield— 3 seconds of block, 4 seconds of Spectrum Shield, well timed dodges and Heat Therapy fill in the remaining 16 seconds before you get another A.E.D. window of 8 more seconds of full pressure or big heal.

This heal is great with the right build. Never use it on a Scrapper though, and avoid it on your average Engineer build.

Even this is risky sometimes because you'll get random heals and barrier from your teammates.

For non-holo builds, an experienced opponent WILL punish you for running AED. They'll see you activate it, then kite/block/stealth for 4-8s, then turn around and pick up the easy kill.

@coro.3176 said:

Even this is risky sometimes because you'll get random heals and barrier from your teammates.

For non-holo builds, an experienced opponent WILL punish you for running AED. They'll see you activate it, then kite/block/stealth for 4-8s, then turn around and pick up the easy kill.

Like I said, it is useless for non-Holo or anything but full Static Discharge Core builds. You need to go glass if you want to want to use it, and you need to be able to gap close / have extreme range pressure if they decide to kite. You need to be committed to high DPS Static Discharge builds, and it is actually what makes them viable.

And I agree— it can be risky, but this has been my main heal for almost a year now and the reward definitely outweighs the risk. As I got more familiar with it and when to use it, the heal has been a 12k heal and full Condi clear almost every time and rarely if ever has a foe been able to force a 4K heal to their advantage. Have you tried using it for extended periods and become familiar with it— in particular with the Gadgeteer trait? 8 seconds makes it very good, and the full Condi clear lets you use Explosives or Firearms in a DPS build.

What makes it so good at the moment is that it is still largely unexpected. I have secured so many kills by baiting foes into overextending and thinking they were about to down me, just to 12 k heal->Shocking Aura->chain CC kill them.

I use it for fun with my condi engi build sometime. It is not bad at all. The only problem of A.E.D. is that it is a unique and completely different mechanic so you have to get used to it . HT is great and it is the same as every other heal skill in game ... i get damage, i heal myself. Instead with a.e.d. it is different. Classic heal skills are reactive, damage, hilss, instead A.E.D. is proactive .... A.E.D. , damage . I find it something uniq and fun. The other great thing of A.E.D: is that with a single line (tools ) you have heal, condi remove and speed with a kit . Surely it is suboptimal to builds based on alchemy and ht but if you want to play in a different way .... A.E.D: is viable .

@Sarrs.4831 said:

@coro.3176 said:Even this is risky sometimes because you'll get random heals and barrier from your teammates.

I would figure it's more for blowing up side point defenders, or solo roaming in WvW. No teammates to worry about keeping you alive.

In this game there is no trinity and no healer. Support is something in real not existent for the most. Every class has its heals and condi remove and everyone has to rely primary on yourself. It is completely different from other games like rune of magic or other older MMO in which there was a character with only heal tasks and no damage ....

I'm just saying it can be tough to predict when that healing power scourge is going to give you an 8k barrier out of nowhere that lasts for the 4 seconds you were counting on dying to condi or something. Then your AED expires and you just die.

While it's true there is no dedicated healer, there are definitely support classes that will keep you alive when you were expecting to die.

Archived