Rev, condi clear, and pew pew.

Scherade.5041

as a rev main, the last couple of months have had their ups and downs, but over all mostly painful. from being stolen to by a condi thief and dying to steal alone, being jumped on by condi mirage and just kinda dying, to being perma immobed by druids and being pew pewed (by p/p thieves as well) and not really being able to do anything about it. except them royally fucking up and rev just getting lucky and one shotting em, sword 4 ftw. i dont want any crazy buffs or anything tbh. i just want condi clear, and maybe a way to deal with an over abundance of pew pew. a humble request.

@"Scherade.5041" said:as a rev main, the last couple of months have had their ups and downs, but over all mostly painful. from being stolen to by a condi thief and dying to steal alone, being jumped on by condi mirage and just kinda dying, to being perma immobed by druids and being pew pewed (by p/p thieves as well) and not really being able to do anything about it. except them royally kitten up and rev just getting lucky and one shotting em, sword 4 ftw. i dont want any crazy buffs or anything tbh. i just want condi clear, and maybe a way to deal with an over abundance of pew pew. a humble request.

Herald is actually a hard counter to high ranged pew pew. Stay aggressive with teleports, use sword #3 when they burst and use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Hibernation wisely. And remember that you can LoS and sword #3 through objects.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Scherade.5041" said:as a rev main, the last couple of months have had their ups and downs, but over all mostly painful. from being stolen to by a condi thief and dying to steal alone, being jumped on by condi mirage and just kinda dying, to being perma immobed by druids and being pew pewed (by p/p thieves as well) and not really being able to do anything about it. except them royally kitten up and rev just getting lucky and one shotting em, sword 4 ftw. i dont want any crazy buffs or anything tbh. i just want condi clear, and maybe a way to deal with an over abundance of pew pew. a humble request.

Herald is actually a hard counter to high ranged pew pew. Stay aggressive with teleports, use sword #3 when they burst and use
wisely. And remember that you can LoS and sword #3 through objects.

No one uses shield anymore on revenant. Its been kicked to the curb and doesn't have a place in pvp anymore and I hope you're not saying he can use Unrelenting Assault while LoS. LoS prevents UA from activating

With cleansing sigil, staff 4 and the trait you can cure up to 4 condis with rev and 6 if you take into account riposting shadows. Thats usually enough for you to reset and survive. Plus it's not like you want to be taking 1v1 fights vs mirage or condi thief anyways as a rev but yea possibly 1 or 2 more condi cleanses would be nice.

@thebatman.6250 said:

Herald is actually a hard counter to high ranged pew pew. Stay aggressive with teleports, use sword #3 when they burst and use
wisely. And remember that you can LoS and sword #3 through objects.

No one uses shield anymore on revenant. Its been kicked to the curb and doesn't have a place in pvp anymore and I hope you're not saying he can use Unrelenting Assault while LoS. LoS prevents UA from activating

No one uses shield anymore. MonkaS

@Scherade.5041 said:as a rev main, the last couple of months have had their ups and downs, but over all mostly painful. from being stolen to by a condi thief and dying to steal alone, being jumped on by condi mirage and just kinda dying, to being perma immobed by druids and being pew pewed (by p/p thieves as well) and not really being able to do anything about it. except them royally kitten up and rev just getting lucky and one shotting em, sword 4 ftw. i dont want any crazy buffs or anything tbh. i just want condi clear, and maybe a way to deal with an over abundance of pew pew. a humble request.

Simple, just don't engage any condition class!!! 3 capture points on every map mate!

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Herald is actually a hard counter to high ranged pew pew. Stay aggressive with teleports, use sword #3 when they burst

Phase Traversal is very expensive and pretty interruptable. Sword 5 is short range. Sword 3 is even shorter range (and cannot be cast without LoS) and has a 1/2 second cast time to counter with ranger LB 4 or 3. Funny enough, pew pew soulbeasts have a better version of sword 3 with no cast and longer range.

Shield is pointless. Everyone has unblockables, you just get necro marked, soulbeast bursted, basilisk venomed or Full Countered.

im assuming all the people who said, "hey man dont engage them bro!" have never played a top level match on rev, where those specific counter classes make a note to hunt you down and focus you in every possible situation...and as far as ranger goes, no one uses shield, and ranger pets completely negate your ability to "reset". not to mention rangers superior reset and positioning due to stealth spam.

Archived