Need clarification before reporting annoying bug.

I'm at the stage in the Aurora collections where I'm working on getting the Siren's Landing Master, however the one part I can't get is the Horrid Residue after defeating the Champion Horrid Illusion that spawns in Lyssa's Reliquary after defeating the Veteran Illusionary Beast. I've killed the Champion Horrid Illusion and completed the event numerous times and still no luck, is it just a chance to drop or is it supposed to be guaranteed?

I encountered similar issues when getting the Jade Core from Bloodstone Fen, but figured as there were so many in the event chain it was just a chance to drop, however, every other event bound champion thus far has always dropped their respective collection item so far except these two.

@"ThirtyOne.3976" said:I'm at the stage in the Aurora collections where I'm working on getting the Siren's Landing Master, however the one part I can't get is the Horrid Residue after defeating the Champion Horrid Illusion that spawns in Lyssa's Reliquary after defeating the Veteran Illusionary Beast. I've killed the Champion Horrid Illusion and completed the event numerous times and still no luck, is it just a chance to drop or is it supposed to be guaranteed?

My bane was the Ancient Ectoplasm or whatever the thing from ghosts in Bloodstone Fen was called. Everything else came fast, that took a wildly huge number of tries. It seems like many of the items are actually just "chance to drop", but presumably high enough that you fairly quickly pick it up.

I encountered similar issues when getting the Jade Core from Bloodstone Fen, but figured as there were so many in the event chain it was just a chance to drop, however, every other event bound champion thus far has always dropped their respective collection item so far except these two.

I believe that only comes from the final boss in the chain, which will show up only if every proceeding event is completed successfully. So, the first three bloodstone pillars and their guardians have to die in order to spawn the event that awards that item. (Again, as far as I understand. It worked that way for me, but it /could/ be a chance from any of them, and I just happened to get it on the final one. My reading of the wiki supports this position, I think.)

• 1 year later...