Black Screen Help

I looked and done all the threads, solutions but still this bug(?) occurs. Also my monitor turn off during black screen then turn on and the monitor brand writing shows up then game.I also tried these solutions:Reset my GPU driversOpened new TCP portsDid Nvidia Task Manager solutionsRepaired the gameThere is no heat problem (Max 55-60 C)I don't think this is a hardware problem. I'm having issues only in GW2.

I'm using GTX970, W7 PRO.When I'm playing the game suddenly screen turns black (I can still hear NPC, environment voices) and 1-2 seconds later the game shows up. I can't even play because of this situation.If anyone had suffered this situation and solved, please tell me what to do.

First guess Is it's running in a size your monitor doesn't recognize.Try using a -windowed command line argument (how to can be found on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments)Just create a shortcut and add -windowed to the end of the text in the Target Area field in the shortcut properties.

if the game runs fine in windowed, its probably the size issue. Go into options and change the full screen size to one you know that works.

@"zerorogue.9410" said:First guess Is it's running in a size your monitor doesn't recognize.Try using a -windowed command line argument (how to can be found on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments)Just create a shortcut and add -windowed to the end of the text in the Target Area field in the shortcut properties.

if the game runs fine in windowed, its probably the size issue. Go into options and change the full screen size to one you know that works.

Thanks for the reply. I'm playing on 1920x1080. I tried what you said and there is no problem in few minutes after that everything goes black.I guess due to temp.(Not my GPU) my monitor couldn't handle. I also connected TV with HDMI and make 1080p, there is no problem.I guess I need to replace my monitor. :anguished:

Archived