My 2c on how to adjust downstate

OhHellzNo.1268

First off, I don't think there's any reasonable chance for no downstate to be a permanent thing. So with that in mind, what can be done to reduce the rally cheese? In it's current state, rallying has very small penalties and is too easy when zergs can mass rez a down in seconds. My proposed changes:

1. Reduce initial down health by 40-50%

2. Reduce rez healing by 33% or so.

3. Increase the downed penalty. The way it works now, you have to be killed 4 times in 60 seconds to get perm killed. This basically never happens. Instead of making the downed penalty -25% health each stack with a 60s duration, make the downed penalty -100% for a single stack which lasts 90-120 seconds. More importantly, make this a debuff that can be seen by enemies. That way rallied ppl can potentially be sniped/focused to force perm downs.

Still wouldn't mind seeing a test week of downstate but no rezzing the dead, out of combat or not. Being able to just power rez people after a fight just means that a winning force was not impeded at all. Where as if people had to choose rally or get the downed back up before they die then there would be a price to Pyrrhic victories versus now where its we can get them back up after the fight.

Archived