Can we talk about deadeye?

@"LazySummer.2568" said:i think the issue here is that OP probably plays his bunker guard like a dps golem because he thinks "bunker" means being able to afk face tank everything (instead of using his dodges/protection/heals)

That pretty much sums up everyone in every class.

I can hit higher with a killshot berserker...

Warrior doesn't even give a giant red dot above your head, doesnt put a shiny laser on you and doesn't scream position aquired when about to shoot ..

what it does is it hits you and everyone around you for anywhere between 7k to 15k aoe disrupt damage, hit 3 targets and thats a total of 45k damage..

whats the issue with Deaths Judgement again? it's a 14k single target and well telegraphed skill that's easily avoided.

(side note: 20k HP guard must have Menders and that 3k vitality trait I'm assuming which means absolutely no toughness, so power damage will hit you like a truck regardless....)

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@The Night Fox.6018 said:14,053 deaths judgement on my bunk guard with 20k hp. discuss

How much damage a Burn guard does in a 1 shot?

Burn Guard is near u! U see him u can evade him ! And of course u can damage him!Deadeye stays far hit u 1-2 times dead!And for all the smarts that will answer evade him i tell this : How many of u pros can survive deadeyes damage when u have a point fight 2v2 or 3v3 ?The only way is to have a thief in u team that he will focus him!Anet need to stop high -instance damage from any class . Not all people have perfect net connections one mistake and u are dead.multiple cc , high - instant burst needs to stop.And of course need to low each class damage endurance.

@Ajax of Telamona.6974 said:

@The Night Fox.6018 said:14,053 deaths judgement on my bunk guard with 20k hp. discuss

Burn Guard is near u! U see him u can evade him ! And of course u can damage him!Deadeye stays far hit u 1-2 times dead!And for all the smarts that will answer evade him i tell this : How many of u pros can survive deadeyes damage when u have a point fight 2v2 or 3v3 ?The only way is to have a thief in u team that he will focus him!Anet need to stop high -instance damage from any class . Not all people have perfect net connections one mistake and u are dead.multiple cc , high - instant burst needs to stop.And of course need to low each class damage endurance.

Um... Depends on what I'm playing. If it's my thief - I jump on the DE and he's dead. If it's ranger, I switch target to him and try to kill him ASAP, or just LoS. If It's my guard I just laugh as I use my F3 tome's 3d ability. And/or wall of reflect. If it's my warrior, I use shield block and watch him kill himself or LoS, hide behind my team mated (sorry team). If he is very very far, I just run the opposite direction so he's out of range and has to gap close to me, then I kill him because I immediately turn back and CC-> kill him (happens a lot) or if it's my engi (I play scrapper) I put my blocks/use invis etc.

Edit: also, playing NOT glass cannon helps a lot. But if I do, I try my best to pay attention to where DE is and always ready if he chooses to target me.

@FyzE.3472 said:

Um... Depends on what I'm playing. If it's my thief - I jump on the DE and he's dead. If it's ranger, I switch target to him and try to kill him ASAP, or just LoS. If It's my guard I just laugh as I use my F3 tome's 3d ability. And/or wall of reflect. If it's my warrior, I use shield block and watch him kill himself or LoS, hide behind my team mated (sorry team). If he is very very far, I just run the opposite direction so he's out of range and has to gap close to me, then I kill him because I immediately turn back and CC-> kill him (happens a lot) or if it's my engi (I play scrapper) I put my blocks/use invis etc.

Edit: also, playing NOT glass cannon helps a lot. But if I do, I try my best to pay attention to where DE is and always ready if he chooses to target me.

Except thief all the other are just words!!! U are in a point fight! That means 9/10 times u used some of ur def skills . of course if u 1v1 and u know how to play chances are good. The rest of the time aren't. Deadeye damage is fast and strong! This idea was bad from start ! Do u remeber how people complaining before expansion about ranger? Bam bam bam and die. And Ranger is the only class in game that he has the right to shot far and strong !!! All forum they were crying that he kills fast and quick. Even that ranger play style wasn't so strong as deadeye is now!

@Ajax of Telamona.6974 said:

@"The Night Fox.6018" said:14,053 deaths judgement on my bunk guard with 20k hp. discuss

Except thief all the other are just words!!! U are in a point fight! That means 9/10 times u used some of ur def skills . of course if u 1v1 and u know how to play chances are good. The rest of the time aren't. Deadeye damage is fast and strong! This idea was bad from start ! Do u remeber how people complaining before expansion about ranger? Bam bam bam and die. And Ranger is the only class in game that he has the right to shot far and strong !!! All forum they were crying that he kills fast and quick. Even that ranger play style wasn't so strong as deadeye is now!

It's your right to not believe me, but you asked a question and I answered as honest as I could. So you either can trust me and try and do that yourself, or not and just demand a nerf. This is not your typical "git gud", I don't consider myself pro by any means. More the reason if I could do it, so can you.

You got killed by a thief with a full glass spec doing a +1 ? Seems Like what a thief does. And it's the only thing he does. Can't 1vs1 can't teamfight. It's Like wanting to nerf the firebrand in order for him to be able to be just a punching bag. They did so with rev and see what his position is. Right now he is barely Alive with herald just cuz there are just 2 meta condi spec consistently played.

@FyzE.3472 said:

@"The Night Fox.6018" said:14,053 deaths judgement on my bunk guard with 20k hp. discuss

It's your right to not believe me, but you asked a question and I answered as honest as I could. So you either can trust me and try and do that yourself, or not and just demand a nerf. This is not your typical "git gud", I don't consider myself pro by any means. More the reason if I could do it, so can you.

That exactly what i mean pross!!!9/10 muches that enemy had deadeye or any bam bam thief and we didn't were lost!Like deadeye? No problem! Mirror games ! and then we talk!Class that no need effort and produce huge amount of damage ANY CLASS ANY BUILD IS LAME!!!!Why i need to evade , evade , block , block and then what? Spvp u are not aloneMr pro Necro on mid engi and mesmer too and 3 other classes from ur team U try ur best and a Deadye from no-were bam bam and all dead !!! This needs to stop!Even msemer needs more skill than these deadeyesDoesn't matter how many clones or evades have a bad mesmer dies ! And dies easy.Deadeye can be here from nothing !!!!General this bam bam thief is lame build and unfair !End of story

There are still threads like this out there... this forum is really something. Deadeye is borderline useless ever since the rework, and this comes from someone who was plat 3 for several seasons in a row with it. With the setup I run now, 14K DJ is impossible, so I must assume some things:

1. He stacked malice on you, that requires at least 3 attacks landing on you, all of which had to be using initiative (and that pew-pew is quite noticeable)
  2. He popped his signet (so he was rolling an offensive build with 1 stunbreak at best, just set anyone on that deadeye and he dies/has to flee)
  3. He had to stealth, most likely using dodge (at which point the thief has 3 seconds to pull the trigger, not that hard to anticipate)If all of these things just went on unnoticed, or you couldn't do anything because of the teamfight, you deserve that hit. You could prevent the malice stacking with your reflect dome(it reflects everything but DJ), you could dodge it when you see the laser, you could put up protection to negate some of the damage.... you did not do ANY of these things based on that damage. Maybe because you couldn't but... if the other enemies pushed you so hard that you had to waste everything on countering their pressure, that sounds like a lost teamfight to me again, so you deserve that hit.It was pointed out earlier in this thread how a rifle warrior can do way worse when firing into a teamfight, shatter mesmer does the same just from stealth, a meta revenant can also do loldamage that starts with an 1200 range gapcloser... these things are all over the game.Also unlike those other bursty specs, deadeye can be completely shut down by getting focused by just about anything. So if your team doesnt react and in time someone gets sniped... well though. It's supposed to be a 5v5, if not 1 out of those 5 people can jump/blind/weaken/reflect the deadeye, your team deserves that loss.

TL/DR: Deadeye is weak and useless. If you still cry about it, especially playing something thats best suited to counter its projectile based damage.... it's really just an l2p issue. If a well telegraphed time (and support skill) consuming setup for 14K is not okay, than almost nothing in this game is okay, most classes/specs can hit you harder.

Archived