why is condi burst still a thing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:thief and mesmer still can condi burst in 1 second kitten why.because the devz saw no one plays teef and mes !!! so they gave them the condi burst and rest professions GTH no one care !!!

No, it was there before & still is. It was 2 patches ago they removed Defensive auto passives on certain classes. In my book, the devs have not done anoth & should remove all passives that procs automatically.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:thief and mesmer still can condi burst in 1 second kitten why.because the devz saw no one plays teef and mes !!! so they gave them the condi burst and rest professions GTH no one care !!!

No, it was there before & still is. It was 2 patches ago they removed Defensive auto passives on certain classes. In my book, the devs have not done anoth & should remove all passives that procs automatically.

should this include auras, damage fields, and condition ticks?

@STIHL.2489 said:

Not the same as passives that proc's when your under attack or under a certain amount of health. I have no problem with anything that use's a players ability to click on a skill to activate it. But other wise it makes for lazy playing that makes players think there pros. haha!

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Not the same as passives that proc's when your under attack or under a certain amount of health. I have no problem with anything that use's a players ability to click on a skill to activate it. But other wise it makes for lazy playing that makes players think there pros. haha!

Oh come off it.. stacking conditions in general is lazy play.

@STIHL.2489 said:

And hitting someone and dealing all of your damage at once is less lazy? What defines pressing a button as more or less lazy?

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

And hitting someone and dealing all of your damage at once is less lazy? What defines pressing a button as more or less lazy?

With all the means to mitigate and outright block physical damage, it is far harder to kill another player using a power based build. I mean, just in stats alone, it takes 3 stats to maximize physical damage, and only one for condition, forcing a power based player to make some hefty trade off, something that condition based players do not have to worry about at all, and with 4 stat gear like trailblazer, the tankyness of condition builds is stupid high in compairosn to their power based counterparts. Not to mention that there is a blanket stats (toughness) that mitigates the damage taken from physical attacks, no such stat exists to defend against condition damage.

So yah. it's much harder to kill someone using a power based build in the current PvP landscape, as opposed to bursting some conditions and running away.

@STIHL.2489 said:

With all the means to mitigate and outright block physical damage, it is far harder to kill another player using a power based build. I mean, just in stats alone, it takes 3 stats to maximize physical damage, and only one for condition, forcing a power based player to make some hefty trade off, something that condition based players do not have to worry about at all, and with 4 stat gear like trailblazer, the tankyness of condition builds is stupid high in compairosn to their power based counterparts. Not to mention that there is a blanket stats *toughness) that mitigates the damage taken from physical attacks.

So yah. it's much harder to kill someone using a power based build in the current PvP landscape, as opposed to bursting some conditions and running away.

Oh, here we go again.You can block and mitigate the actual hit (the one that applies all the conditions) just fine, no difference there.The whole point of condition burst is that it ignores target's armor. Still, you're given a chance to survive if you got hit (cleanses, resistance, transfer) whereas you'd be dead instantly in the case of power burst.

@Airdive.2613 said:

With all the means to mitigate and outright block physical damage, it is far harder to kill another player using a power based build. I mean, just in stats alone, it takes 3 stats to maximize physical damage, and only one for condition, forcing a power based player to make some hefty trade off, something that condition based players do not have to worry about at all, and with 4 stat gear like trailblazer, the tankyness of condition builds is stupid high in compairosn to their power based counterparts. Not to mention that there is a blanket stats *toughness) that mitigates the damage taken from physical attacks.

Oh, here we go again.You can block and mitigate the actual hit (the one that applies all the conditions) just fine, no difference there.

There is a massive difference, as most power based builds depend on doing most of their damage in the first hits, as such blocking any of them can result in a 30 - 50% reduction in their total barrage damage, whereas condition applications are a bunch of little hits that stack many conditions on you, as such blocking only 1 of those attacks has minimal impact on the overall damage they will do to you.

The whole point of condition burst is that it ignores target's armor. Still, you're given a chance to survive if you got hit (cleanses, resistance, transfer) whereas you'd be dead instantly in the case of power burst.

Hardly, as physical is affected by both armor and toughness, not to mention the first three hits can be avoided with a ages and two dodge rolls, in effect negating almost all the damage that a physical based build would be able to do, there is no such counter to conditions. Even cleanse is a joke, as most condition based builds can stack conditions far faster then any defensive build can strip them.

Couple this, with the fact that to max out physical damage you end up with a very glassy build, and this very vulnerable to counter attacks like retaliation and reflects, whereas condition based builds have no such weakness and are able to invest in both offensive and defensive stats equally, making them highly resistant to any counter attacks.

@"STIHL.2489" said:

There is a massive difference, as most power based builds depend on doing most of their damage in the first hits, as such blocking any of them can result in a 30 - 50% reduction in their total barrage damage, whereas condition applications are a bunch of little hits that stack many conditions on you, as such blocking only 1 of those attacks has minimal impact on the overall damage they will do to you.

I believe blocking some of the more massive "condi bomb" skills will result in 30 to 50% damage reduction as well.And if we're talking about sustained damage, those builds wouldn't receive such damage reduction in their power form.

not to mention the first three hits can be avoided with a ages and two dodge rolls, in effect negating almost all the damage that a physical based build would be able to do, there is no such counter to conditions.

What if I told you you can avoid condition applications with aegis as well as two dodge rolls? You're not damaged if you're not hit.

Couple this, with the fact that to max out physical damage you end up with a very glassy build, and this very vulnerable to counter attacks like retaliation and reflects, whereas condition based builds have no such weakness and are able to invest in both offensive and defensive stats equally, making them highly resistant to any counter attacks.

This is true as far as pure attributes go, but there's more to a build. Attributes, professions and individual skills all work differently and are in (need of) intricate balance.From a different perspective, however, you can suddenly realize: a) condition burst is scarier that power burst, b) condition burst ignores armor. The conclusion, then, is to not invest in toughness at all. Now, nothing stops you from going direct damage, or vitality/cleansing, or condition/countercondition.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:

I believe blocking some of the more massive "condi bomb" skills will result in 30 to 50% damage reduction as well.And if we're talking about sustained damage, those builds wouldn't receive such damage reduction in their power form.

not to mention the first three hits can be avoided with a ages and two dodge rolls, in effect negating almost all the damage that a physical based build would be able to do, there is no such counter to conditions.

What if I told you you can avoid condition applications with aegis as well as two dodge rolls? You're not damaged if you're not hit.

This is true as far as pure attributes go, but there's more to a build. Attributes, professions and individual skills all work differently and are in (need of) intricate balance.From a different perspective, however, you can suddenly realize: a) condition burst is scarier that power burst, b) condition burst ignores armor. The conclusion, then, is to not invest in toughness at all. Now, nothing stops you from going direct damage, or vitality/cleansing, or condition/countercondition.

Ideally the best route is to build a condition based build, that has a lot of cleanse, because that allows you to also invest in defensive stats, and still do optimal damage..

See the problem?

I get what the op's is saying. & Losing some damage output in exchange for condi cleans is not a bad thing. It's called balance. But there are overtuned builds such as SD condi thief that can dish out on any light armor more then 35k condi poison damage on 1 shot. plus everything else. Now that's unbalance. I should put pic's of it make you all grow wide eyed from it.

@STIHL.2489 said:

Ideally the best route is to build a condition based build, that has a lot of cleanse, because that allows you to also invest in defensive stats, and still do optimal damage..

See the problem?

Ideally, you only need one key press from a guardian (any light field) followed by one key press from a thief (dagger storm elite) to fully cleanse your entire team in a teamfight.

@Airdive.2613 said:

See the problem?

Ideally, you only need one key press from a guardian (any light field) followed by one key press from a thief (dagger storm elite) to fully cleanse your entire team in a teamfight.

Ideally.. which almost never happens.. because I just crushed the thief with a condi bust after they tried to power attack me dead, and ran the guard in circles.

@"Vieux P.1238" said:I get what the op's is saying. & Losing some damage output in exchange for condi cleans is not a bad thing. It's called balance. But there are overtuned builds such as SD condi thief that can dish out on any light armor more then 35k condi poison damage on 1 shot. plus everything else. Now that's unbalance. I should put pic's of it make you all grow wide eyed from it.

35k on one shot? Would you care to elaborate how that possible? The most s/d can get poison wise with one shot is off the Immob with a spider venom loaded. This will add all of 3 poison stacks. Added to this the duration of the poison ohf the Immob is 2 seconds base for a maximum of 4 seconds if traited somehow for 100 percent condition duration which highly unlikley in PvP.

What exactly is your definition of "one shot" ? Is it multiple attacks of various types in a row, none of which you avoided?

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:I get what the op's is saying. & Losing some damage output in exchange for condi cleans is not a bad thing. It's called balance. But there are overtuned builds such as SD condi thief that can dish out on any light armor more then 35k condi poison damage on 1 shot. plus everything else. Now that's unbalance. I should put pic's of it make you all grow wide eyed from it.

35k on one shot? Would you care to elaborate how that possible?

Idk... only thing i know is it's a SD jumping in & out thief that drops out tons of condis where i don't have anoth condition clear to clear it up. I got a great pic too. Just to lazy to poste it. Thief is not the only one that does ridiculous amount of damage. Welcom to PoF

Archived