No Mount Skin Updates in the Gem Store This Week?

It's been months, and I've been waiting as patiently as I can to get the Tawny Hare mount skin. But this week's Tuesday Gem Store offerings brought ZERO new skins. Just the same ol' Istani Isle stuff we had last week and the month before. PLEASE give us new offerings every week! I'm not saying a brand-new skin... I'm only asking for some regular rotation of the old skins. Even if it isn't the one I want, at least make some changes each week.

I have been pulling out my hair over this. I will need to purchase TWO Tawny Hares... one for my character mounts, and one to cover up my own bald patches.

How are you planning on getting it? Last time it was in the store, you couldn't directly purchase it, but instead had to gamble for it, and if that's the only one you wanted out of the 30 available, odds are you wouldn't get it without a lot of purchases. And I don't think the "purchase all at once" bundle it launched with is coming back, as it disappeared long before the actual mounts did, only really existing briefly to appease completionists and scare up impulse buyers.

I took most of the Winter off. I purchased the expansion less than 2 months ago. So I never experienced all of that you're talking about. But I don't see any reason they couldn't repackage older mount skins similarly to the Istani packs. And yes, I'm just the sort of idiot who might do the "purchase all at once" thing.

Here, let me do that for you;

We won’t change the existing license (meaning the first edition Mount Adoption License) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

The license will return, like every other item taken out of the Gemstore, but you will have to subject yourself to its RNG nature to obtain that one skin you want. Luckily, there’s a lot of nice skins in that mount grouping.

• 3 weeks later...

On top of that is you can't see what's available in game until you commit 1200 gems, this is lame and WHY people get angry over games doing this. We're paying a premium, can't even see what's available and it's limited vs the random gets the to pick from all skins. B and S!

@Horrorscope.7632 said:On top of that is you can't see what's available in game until you commit 1200 gems, this is lame and WHY people get angry over games doing this. We're paying a premium, can't even see what's available and it's limited vs the random gets the to pick from all skins. B and S!

I'm confused about this statement. You can preview any Mount Skin without purchasing any Gems, whatsoever. What do you mean?

@Hamfast.8719 said:It's been months, and I've been waiting as patiently as I can to get the Tawny Hare mount skin. But this week's Tuesday Gem Store offerings brought ZERO new skins. Just the same ol' Istani Isle stuff we had last week and the month before. PLEASE give us new offerings every week! I'm not saying a brand-new skin... I'm only asking for some regular rotation of the old skins. Even if it isn't the one I want, at least make some changes each week.

I have been pulling out my hair over this. I will need to purchase TWO Tawny Hares... one for my character mounts, and one to cover up my own bald patches.

Lol.

Gotta love that Tawny Hare.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Horrorscope.7632" said:On top of that is you can't see what's available in game until you commit 1200 gems, this is lame and WHY people get angry over games doing this. We're paying a premium, can't even see what's available and it's limited vs the random gets the to pick from all skins. B and S!

I'm confused about this statement. You can preview any Mount Skin without purchasing any Gems, whatsoever. What do you mean?

How do you see what's in the store? I only see the following doing these steps...

Back Lion TCStyleMountsAll I see is the 1600 Gem Awakened Pack400 Gem Adoption License1200 Select License

https://s33.postimg.cc/c4xzlvpfj/2018-07-01_13_49_56-_Compat_Window.png

I cannot see what is available in it. I have Gift or 1200 Gems as the option.

If I choose the 1200 Select License option at that time I'll I can do is pay sight unseen.

https://s33.postimg.cc/7vt9ju47j/2018-07-01_13_50_51-_Compat_Window.png

So how do I see what is available?

@Horrorscope.7632 said:

@Horrorscope.7632 said:On top of that is you can't see what's available in game until you commit 1200 gems, this is lame and WHY people get angry over games doing this. We're paying a premium, can't even see what's available and it's limited vs the random gets the to pick from all skins. B and S!

How do you see what's in the store? I only see the following doing these steps...

Back Lion TCStyleMountsAll I see is the 1600 Gem Awakened Pack400 Gem Adoption License1200 Select License

If I choose the 1200 Select License option at that time I'll I can do is pay sight unseen.

By looking in your hero panel, and clicking “Mounts”. You can preview all mounts in this panel. Hovering over any mount icon you haven't unlocked will tell you exactly which mount pack that particular skin is available in.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

By looking in your hero panel, and clicking “Mounts”. You can preview all mounts in this panel.

It also tells you how each skin is obtained. Read carefully because the Mount Adoption Licence and Istani Isles mount licences are two totally separate things. The licences currently in the gem store will only get you the Istani Isles mounts, not the Adoption Licence ones.

I was totally aware of the mounts panel, as Danikat states, you have to read carefully, it's imo pretty ambiguous. Why wouldn't the the Trading Company at the very least show the mounts available for direct buy? Show a preview of which one's you can purchase currently... before you put out the 1200 gems? But thanks for the follow up, I actually feel better and not dumb for missing this.

Archived