Balance Patch/ Xpac soon?

JayAction.9056

Ya they idk the balance team is super inconsistent in philosophy and updates. One day they'll stay and do one thing and then the next do another. Break something(usually) and sometimes it literally takes half a year for them to fix it. Idk what the hell they're doing but they need to be more efficient and flexible.

Balance and choice seem lackluster compared to gw1. Leaving the game the way it is for longer might actually help them avoid what happened to Riot, where continuous updates and balancing was done just to shake the meta and keep things fresh for the players, but also comes with a lot frustration for players because they're constantly having to adapt. Anet seems very aware of this and in order to maintain longevity probably don't mind slowly releasing patches that are actually meaningful.

Remember the plan when s1 came out. Balance patch, wait two weeks to see what needs fixed , minor patch, eight week season, new balance patch, repeat.
This turned into balance patch same day as the new season, now it is mid season, and in the future it will be every other season.Same old story, anet is consistantly inconsistent.

to be fair.....everything is fairly good at the moment besides 1-2 class getting some tweaks from where they are at the moment. Everything else is in a damn good spot overall imo.

Besides the Mirage cry for a heavy nerf which isn't really needed I think everything else is in a good place in terms of "balance".

I wouldn't say everything is fairly good as there are a lot of elite class issues.

But their release cadence is pretty terrible and their balance planning. The infrequent and completely missing the boat with balance updates coupled with head scratching changes (underwater abilities) really paints a picture of disorganization within their team.

@"zoopop.5630" said:to be fair.....everything is fairly good at the moment besides 1-2 class getting some tweaks from where they are at the moment. Everything else is in a kitten good spot overall imo.

Besides the Mirage cry for a heavy nerf which isn't really needed I think everything else is in a good place in terms of "balance".

No.Just No.Incorrect.Wrong with absolutely no hint of rightness.

@Devilman.1532 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:to be fair.....everything is fairly good at the moment besides 1-2 class getting some tweaks from where they are at the moment. Everything else is in a kitten good spot overall imo.

ah ok? I guess having a different set of opinions doesn't matter lawl.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:to be fair.....everything is fairly good at the moment besides 1-2 class getting some tweaks from where they are at the moment. Everything else is in a kitten good spot overall imo.

Not when they are utterly blind to the glaring issues the game mode has.

@Devilman.1532 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:to be fair.....everything is fairly good at the moment besides 1-2 class getting some tweaks from where they are at the moment. Everything else is in a kitten good spot overall imo.

no.Just No.Incorrect.and absolutely not If you honestly think the imbalance is that big of an issue why are you still sticking around? The meta has shifted toward Power spec more then condi as of lately. This Season already a lot better then the last 2 season we had with the fact that we have a mix of Condi/Power spec being viable and Mainly 2-3 classes being played for Condi(Necro,Mesmer,Thief) while Every other class/spec is being played as Power(Rev,engi,Ranger,Warrior,Mesmer,Thief). The only two classes that are In between would be Ele and Guardian . If Most of the players really have a hard time playing against Condi mesmer/thief at this point into the game then it's really a big Learn 2 Play issue.

However everyone on the forums are quick to cry for nerfs/complain how imbalance the game is when in reality this season might be the best we had in the last 3-4 seasons give or take.

@zoopop.5630 said:

no.Just No.Incorrect.and absolutely not If you honestly think the imbalance is that big of an issue why are you still sticking around? The meta has shifted toward Power spec more then condi as of lately. This Season already a lot better then the last 2 season we had with the fact that we have a mix of Condi/Power spec being viable and Mainly 2-3 classes being played for Condi(Necro,Mesmer,Thief) while Every other class/spec is being played as Power(Rev,engi,Ranger,Warrior,Mesmer,Thief). The only two classes that are In between would be Ele and Guardian . If Most of the players really have a hard time playing against Condi mesmer/thief at this point into the game then it's really a big Learn 2 Play issue.

However everyone on the forums are quick to cry for nerfs/complain how imbalance the game is when in reality this season might be the best we had in the last 3-4 seasons give or take.

Just because classes have builds to play does not mean the game is in a good spot. Options != Balance. For example Thief has 3 decent builds. But why choose a thief when you can go mesmer? The issue is there are a couple classes that are way over the top so there is no reason not to play those. PvP needs ALOT of work. Thinking anything less is silly.Mesmer is not really a learn to play issue. You are dead wrong on that. A condi mesmer can stealth and weave condition stacks in between stealthing. Since condi ticks don't break stealth they can kill you and you will not be able to attack them, and even if you call target for a teammate they can just stealth and break the target.If you played at release Thief could just go D/D with condi damage and stack up 18 bleeds super quick along with venoms. It was not a learn to play issue for anyone. I could just dodge constantly then dip while they dealt with all the condis on them.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Just because classes have builds to play does not mean the game is in a good spot. Options != Balance. For example Thief has 3 decent builds. But why choose a thief when you can go mesmer? The issue is there are a couple classes that are way over the top so there is no reason not to play those. PvP needs ALOT of work. Thinking anything less is silly.Mesmer is not really a learn to play issue. You are dead wrong on that. A condi mesmer can stealth and weave condition stacks in between stealthing. Since condi ticks don't break stealth they can kill you and you will not be able to attack them, and even if you call target for a teammate they can just stealth and break the target.If you played at release Thief could just go D/D with condi damage and stack up 18 bleeds super quick along with venoms. It was not a learn to play issue for anyone. I could just dodge constantly then dip while they dealt with all the condis on them.

Not saying it's perfect but compared to the last 3-4 season we can AT least agree Mirage in general were A LOT more broken then what they are now, Same for Scrouges. I agree theirs a buttload of things that should still be looked into/tweaked/fixed however the meta/and classes are not that bad at the moment.

Condi Mirage at the moment can deal an insane amount of damage, But they die pretty easily and MOST mirages are pretty bad where they can't do a proper burst at all. Currently sitting at plat 2 on my alt account and plat 3 on my main account (usually end the season btw high plat2, and low plat3) and The only time i really had a hard time with Mesmer was before the confusion rework and after the rework where chrono was busted outside of that mirage has been pretty easy to beat in most cases.

Like i said before it's not the best season but it's 100% better then the last 3-4 season where everything was busted after pof release.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Not saying it's perfect but compared to the last 3-4 season we can AT least agree Mirage in general were A LOT more broken then what they are now, Same for Scrouges. I agree theirs a buttload of things that should still be looked into/tweaked/fixed however the meta/and classes are not that bad at the moment.

Condi Mirage at the moment can deal an insane amount of damage, But they die pretty easily and MOST mirages are pretty bad where they can't do a proper burst at all. Currently sitting at plat 2 on my alt account and plat 3 on my main account (usually end the season btw high plat2, and low plat3) and The only time i really had a hard time with Mesmer was before the confusion rework and after the rework where chrono was busted outside of that mirage has been pretty easy to beat in most cases.

Like i said before it's not the best season but it's 100% better then the last 3-4 season where everything was busted after pof release.

I'm a thief player so it really has not been better. At least a few seasons we could go S/D Power/Condi or D/P but not the only build that we have that is consistent is S/D Core.I would say they are all honestly equally bad. The past few seasons have been dominated by scourge and with firebrand in the mix for a bit there. It has become stale. I miss the pre HoT days.

@"Saint Sated.2698" said:Balance and choice seem lackluster compared to gw1. Leaving the game the way it is for longer might actually help them avoid what happened to Riot, where continuous updates and balancing was done just to shake the meta and keep things fresh for the players, but also comes with a lot frustration for players because they're constantly having to adapt. Anet seems very aware of this and in order to maintain longevity probably don't mind slowly releasing patches that are actually meaningful.

I would believe it if the changes they made with every patch were reflecting that "meaningful" aspect you speak of.

@Rodzynald.5897 said:

@"Saint Sated.2698" said:Balance and choice seem lackluster compared to gw1. Leaving the game the way it is for longer might actually help them avoid what happened to Riot, where continuous updates and balancing was done just to shake the meta and keep things fresh for the players, but also comes with a lot frustration for players because they're constantly having to adapt. Anet seems very aware of this and in order to maintain longevity probably don't mind slowly releasing patches that are actually
meaningful

I would believe it if the changes they made with every patch were reflecting that "meaningful" aspect you speak of.

in order to maintain longevity probably don't mind slowly releasing patches that are actually meaningful.

slowly releasing patches that are meaningful

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:Balance and choice seem lackluster compared to gw1. Leaving the game the way it is for longer might actually help them avoid what happened to Riot, where continuous updates and balancing was done just to shake the meta and keep things fresh for the players, but also comes with a lot frustration for players because they're constantly having to adapt. Anet seems very aware of this and in order to maintain longevity probably don't mind slowly releasing patches that are actually
meaningful

in order to maintain longevity probably don't mind slowly releasing patches that are actually
meaningful

slowly
releasing patches that are
meaningful

But they are not meaningful, it's just passing on the OP crown to something else, or just shifting the meta for better or worse (in this case better is actually not that good, knowing what once was before HoT). They only rotate between percentage and number changes, while it is the mechanics and core issues that should be looked upon.Not to mention constant power creeping, that sometimes is dwindled by a handful of nerfs, but still remains power creeped. Is this meaningful?

We are overdue for a big patch, but really there are only three major balance issues that stand out. Despite all the complaining things HAVE gotten better since launch. Anet does listen, just not as well as would would like them to. But they have made some level of progress.

Right now it's mainly:

1. Scourge and FB have way too much synergy. We have gotten to the point where by themselves it's not the worst issue, but together they still epitomize the "Mindless AoE spam on point" problem that many a bad-for-the-game builds have had in the past.
  2. Mesmer. It's been stated to death why it's OP and not much else needs to be said. Ever since removing the phantasm cap this class has been S+ tier in nearly all categories. Giving a class that was already considered optimal such a comically massive buff was uncalled for. There is no defending this.
  3. Every time Lotus training becomes viable it creates a stale meta as it breaks how thief is supposed to work. Thief is supposed to be a high skill floor class that rewards knowing when to go in, when to spike damage, and when to retreat. Allowing thief to spam AoEs and evade at the same time for such long periods of time removes what makes this class fun and interesting.

I could also go on other things like "Renegade is still bad" but honestly I don't care anymore. At this point I've just gone back to playing Power Shiro/Glint like every other Rev. It is what it is.

</3 cents>

@Eleazar.9478 said:Ya they idk the balance team is super inconsistent in philosophy and updates. One day they'll stay and do one thing and then the next do another. Break something(usually) and sometimes it literally takes half a year for them to fix it. Idk what the hell they're doing but they need to be more efficient and flexible.

NEVER FORGETWhen I suggested maybe it's time for Anet to hire new pvp designers, forum moderators DELETED my comment and banned me from forums(for a while)

For what? For I used my right to express my thought? Where is the freedom of speech???

@Blackdagger.9670 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Ya they idk the balance team is super inconsistent in philosophy and updates. One day they'll stay and do one thing and then the next do another. Break something(usually) and sometimes it literally takes half a year for them to fix it. Idk what the hell they're doing but they need to be more efficient and flexible.

NEVER FORGETWhen I suggested maybe it's time for Anet to hire new pvp designers, forum moderators DELETED my comment and banned me from forums(for a while)

For what? For I used my right to express my thought? Where is the freedom of speech???

Lol dude these are their forums not a public forum like Reddit. Plus you sound a bit unhinged.

I think the PvP devs are good at thier job it's specifically the skills/balance team I take issue with. (Which by the way the balance isn't that bad in pvp)

My issue is with the balance team is not theyre OMG terrible it's that they're inconsistent (I can literally cite several examples if anyone's curious I'll take the time but most have already been posted elsewhere) and seemingly inefficient it takes ages idk if it's management (doubtful), crazy bug testing or just their process is slow and unweldy. When they break something or over tune another they'll either a leave it for ever or b Nerf it into the dirt instead of slowly lowering it.

Here's a small example they said ele aura visuals yet were too oppressive yet they made firebrand, mirage and scourge. They said they were getting rid of pulsing boons and Nerf ranger sotp (that stab Nerf was fine but the fury nerf why they killed remorsless), yet leave warrior with pulsing boons. They give everyone tether to reveal yet druids elite does not. They say they are afraid of nerfing passives in wvw why because too many aoes (well anet why don't you just nerf the aoes then)

@Blackdagger.9670 said:

It depends on the country you live in. For example, this is not public place. This is Anet private playground and they can restrict your posts here however they like with no consequences.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

It depends on the country you live in. For example, this is not public place. This is Anet private playground and they can restrict your posts here however they like with no consequences.

Freedom of speech is not something that may change from country to country. It's a basic human right, if you hear it the first time.My thought is a basic criticism, they choose not to take it, I get it. But oppressing it, is a violation of expression of thought, and personal rights. Clearly, Anet adopts the second in their forums. Believing if they restrict players thinking like that, it goes unnoticed. But trust me, it just makes the problem bigger.

@Blackdagger.9670 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Freedom of speech is not something that may change from country to country.What....WHAT....you cant be....

Are you serious?!

It's a basic human right, if you hear it the first time.

ummmmmmm

My thought is a basic criticism, they choose not to take it, I get it. But oppressing it, is a violation of expression of thought, and personal rights. Clearly, Anet adopts the second in their forums. Believing if they restrict players thinking like that, it goes unnoticed. But trust me, it just makes the problem bigger.

.....Did you know the earth is round and has more than one country in it?

Archived