Difference between exotic and ascended benchmarks

Brulander.8970

I've begun to get my footing at level 80 doing daily t1 fractals and living world season 3 dailies when I have time. I have also begun to craft materials toward an ascended weapon.

My question is how much stock can I put into my benchmark numbers in full exotic gear? I haven't quite figured out which buffs I'm supposed to be using so for the time being I'm using all debuffs on golem and all buffs and player provided boosts. I'm at 22k dps currently in my own version of a power renegade(I'm aware fully geared Condi renegade is the meta). Upon upgrading to ascended trinkets, weapons, and armor what kind of increase should I expect?

The statistical difference between Exotic and Ascended gear is 5%. However, due to the compounding/multiplicative nature of how damage bonuses are calculated, the output difference on the extreme ends can be as high as 10-15%. While this seems like a lot, from a practical standpoint its not that significant a difference outside of benchmark runs.

But at 22k, you're basically support tier level of damage. Any additional yield from Asc gear isn't going to push it up much higher.

It was around 12%. The bulk of the stats coming from easily acquired trinkets and backpack. Weapons also contributed a lot due to the increased damage but I can’t remember the percentage. Armor contributed the least at like 2% and generally can be skipped unless you need the infusion slots.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It was around 12%. The bulk of the stats coming from easily acquired trinkets and backpack. Weapons also contributed a lot due to the increased damage but I can’t remember the percentage. Armor contributed the least at like 2% and generally can be skipped unless you need the infusion slots.

For a power build, weapons alone provide 5% due to their higher weapon strength. That's their main influence.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It was around 12%. The bulk of the stats coming from easily acquired trinkets and backpack. Weapons also contributed a lot due to the increased damage but I can’t remember the percentage. Armor contributed the least at like 2% and generally can be skipped unless you need the infusion slots.

For a power build, weapons alone provide 5% due to their higher weapon strength. That's their main influence.

Yeah. That must be the percentage that I had forgotten.

Archived