Its funny to see a server with such coverage being locked & unlinked

cpchow.7416

I think this is how the WvW 's link system works. Cheers!

BtdButH.jpg

Here we go this is the activity data of all server start from 3/3/2018 , the funny server C is winning all of the matchup with almost the lowest population among all tier.What a shame to the server with a higher population but cant even win one week against them.4HDOorw.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheGrimm.5624 said:More context is needed here. We can assume its one of the solo servers but that's about it. Also you need to list 2-3 months worth of images and pop counts. Population locks are not based on single weeks. So is this about MAG or BG?

None. It's about Anet not keeping their 0-10% population difference and hating certain servers lol.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:More context is needed here. We can assume its one of the solo servers but that's about it. Also you need to list 2-3 months worth of images and pop counts. Population locks are not based on single weeks. So is this about MAG or BG?

None. It's about Anet not keeping their 0-10% population difference and hating certain servers lol.

Is it a Server/Racial discrimination?

Look, someone stacked ANOTHER server, and now that NEW stacked server has the highest playtime (by Anet's metrics). Are we supposed to be shocked by this revelation? Are we supposed to feel bad for the previous stacked server?

This is probably an alliance stacking test by a group of players. To see just how well they can manipulate the incoming changes.Players have shown time and time again, they don't want fair/balanced fights...they just want to win the easiest/fastest way possible.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:More context is needed here. We can assume its one of the solo servers but that's about it. Also you need to list 2-3 months worth of images and pop counts. Population locks are not based on single weeks. So is this about MAG or BG?

But, they never said over what period of time that needs to be true. It isn't 1 or 2 weeks, because if it was, players would just log out or play pve for a couple weeks to get their already overstacked server open so more people can join them...like a server did in the past. That "period" could be 6 months...they have never said.

@"Shining One.1635" said:From my understanding, "Activity" (Kills + Deaths) is not a factor in ArenaNet's population calculations. It's based on play hours. A 50-man zerg sitting at spawn for an hour is 50 play hours, despite having no kills or deaths.

How could 50 man zerg contributing nothing consider as active population. You should count players in PVE as a active population with your logic.

@cpchow.7416 said:

@"Shining One.1635" said:From my understanding, "Activity" (Kills + Deaths) is not a factor in ArenaNet's population calculations. It's based on play hours. A 50-man zerg sitting at spawn for an hour is 50 play hours, despite having no kills or deaths.

How could 50 man zerg contributing nothing consider as active population. You should count players in PVE as a active population with your logic.

They calculate a server's Population by Play hours in WvW and WvW ranks gained so stop using all those birthday boosters!

So this is about players gaming the system. Let's admit it, players are going to find a way to bypass any safety checks that ANet can put in place. The only way they could get close to doing so would be to not allow people to choose what server they login into each day and then there might be ways to bypass that. Alliances will go a ways but I wouldn't count on it being a silver bullet either.

I'm pretty sure that site only shows activity, which is not an accurate representation of population. Anet is the only accurate source of population numbers, and I doubt they would ever release those numbers for a variety of reasons. FA also went full this week and is currently losing to SBI.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

They calculate a server's Population by Play hours in WvW and WvW ranks gained so stop using all those birthday boosters!

So players who play more get punished for playing the game. I never thought that I would see a company punish their players for playing XD.

Archived