Ty for the 4 Mesmer per game PvP meta... it is highly enjoyable. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ty for the 4 Mesmer per game PvP meta... it is highly enjoyable.

aDemoNnDisguisE.8576aDemoNnDisguisE.8576 Member ✭✭✭

Anet,
I can see you are hurting for software development for your game.
Please accept this code, free of charge.
All that I ask is that you integrate it immediately.

If( mesmers.perteam.count > 1){
reroll(game);
}

Thanks,
Everyone Who Has Ever Played GW2 PvP Ever

<1

Comments

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@phokus.8934 said:
    We must be getting drastically different team comps because there's only been one mesmer per team when I've been playing.

Maybe he was looking at clones or phantasms?

LoL

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018

Generally I think each team should consist of 5 different classes (and if at all possible both teams should have the same 5 classes)
    there is never coming something good out of class stacking

First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2018

yea... I have played 6 games this season and have only seen 1 mesmer so far...

everyone else has been Holo, Scourge, Firebrand, SpellBreakers and Thieves... most games its double firebrand with scourge or double scourge with firebrand

Edit: 14 games in now and most team comps look like this.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SCREEN CLEANING SERVICE
    I miss team queue...

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2018

Players voted against character locking in PvP. So basically we can only blame ourselves, not anet about how trash PvP is because of profession stacking.

• @Kheldorn.5123 said:
    Players voted against character locking in PvP. So basically we can only blame ourselves, not anet about how trash PvP is because of profession stacking.

Since when do they ever listen or take advice from players? That is, unless it's 5-6 months later. Balance shouldn't take this long, imo. Other companies roll out regular balance patches that shift the meta or freshen things up for players to adapt to. I don't feel like their designers are up to par of their gw1 devs. That's just me though. Maybe they're newbies.

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Since when do they ever listen or take advice from players? That is, unless it's 5-6 months later. Balance shouldn't take this long, imo. Other companies roll out regular balance patches that shift the meta or freshen things up for players to adapt to. I don't feel like their designers are up to par of their gw1 devs. That's just me though. Maybe they're newbies.

Anet also provides regular balance patches. What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

lmao

other games have bigger pvp modes with large teams dedicated to it

what does anet have? 20 people max? considering that there aren't too many atrocities running around anymore ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, you can't kitten lock professions because you can't guarantee what build they are running. and it would completely obliterate matchmaking

"May contain large quantities of snark and sarcasm. Handle with care."
    Proud member of [FIRE] on RoF "... since day 1!"
    Infraction Farmer Extraordinaire & Leader of the Big Beautiful Choya

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

lmao

what does anet have? 20 people max? considering that there aren't too many atrocities running around anymore ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, you can't kitten lock professions because you can't guarantee what build they are running. and it would completely obliterate matchmaking

Balance is made by 3 people in GW2, for all game modes. Let it sink.

• @Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Anet also provides regular balance patches. What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

I personally do not feel like 5 months is regular.

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

If it happens around 5 months every time, it is regular. If it was once a year, it would be regular. If it was once every 5 years, it would be regular.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

lmao

Balance is made by 3 people in GW2, for all game modes. Let it sink.

niceme.me

"May contain large quantities of snark and sarcasm. Handle with care."
    Proud member of [FIRE] on RoF "... since day 1!"
    Infraction Farmer Extraordinaire & Leader of the Big Beautiful Choya

• @Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

If it happens around 5 months every time, it is regular. If it was once a year, it would be regular. If it was once every 5 years, it would be regular.

scheduled per 5 months is regular, technically, but it's not nor should be the standard.

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

scheduled per 5 months is regular, technically, but it's not nor should be the standard.

So again, what you try to argue is that you don't like it takes so long, but saying balance patches are not regular in GW2 is false information.

• @Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

So again, what you try to argue is that you don't like it takes so long, but saying balance patches are not regular in GW2 is false information.

Correct. Glad you took 4 posts to figure it out.

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I did it in first post but you tried to argue with me and in the process I educated you why you are wrong.

• On a serious note, can we get some documentation on how 1 billion clones affect servers?

• Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

wait.. there's a new season? lol ;) Who knew?

and the Mesmertrain rolls on......

• Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I did it in first post but you tried to argue with me and in the process I educated you why you are wrong.

If you'd like to be technical, I'll gladly educate you on the two definitions of the word "regular" so that you will see your folly. In the context which I used it, regular = frequently. The way you argued it was "happening with the same space of time elapsed". If you're interested shoot me a message we can argue more about words and context.

0/10
    Attempt at superiority and witty banter failed. 15 yard penalty. Still first Down.

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

If you'd like to be technical, I'll gladly educate you on the two definitions of the word "regular" so that you will see your folly. In the context which I used it, regular = frequently. The way you argued it was "happening with the same space of time elapsed". If you're interested shoot me a message we can argue more about words and context.

Unfortunately even if we use your ad hoc escape definition, you still lose. Because it's subjective. I'm pretty sure Anet is happy with their balance schedules and they consider them regular enough :)

• ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

**Anet also provides regular balance patches. **What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

kitten, but also quality > quantity even if they were balancing constantly (see BDO for example).

Breaking something and not balancing for 4-5 months is not regular balance patching.

Wasn't even a top 250 last season. Let that sink in.

Sorry, stop white knighting the pvp decisions from this company.

• Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I know alot of people who are regular pvpers refusing to que this season until mirage is put in check. The rest of my friends are, well, playing mirage.

Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

Quality balance changes^TM

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

**Anet also provides regular balance patches. **What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

kitten, but also quality > quantity even if they were balancing constantly (see BDO for example).

Breaking something and not balancing for 4-5 months is not regular balance patching.

Wasn't even a top 250 last season. Let that sink in.

Sorry, stop white knighting the pvp decisions from this company.

I'm not judging whether their patches are good or bad. If you read again, which you should be able to do considering it's PEGI 12 game, I took my time to educate a fellow player that they do indeed release regular balance patches. Whether you think they should happen more often is a different story.

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Sorry I can't see your post with all these 78 phantasms around it.

• omgdracula.6345omgdracula.6345 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

What world do you live in that 5 months is at all a regular cycle for updates to balance in a game? There are much bigger games that do way more regular balance patches. I mean

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc
    https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches (These aren't just balance patches either)

WoW and LoL have way more to consider in balance than GW2. OW you could argue has more as well as they not only have to balance heroes, but also maps if choke points become too heavy.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Slaybreed.2748 said:
    On a serious note, can we get some documentation on how 1 billion clones affect servers?

Not as bad as 100 red scourge circles :pensive:
    More server calculations needed, thus slower WvW responses

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

edited June 15, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I'm waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end, after that I'll be happy to vote yes to more projects to work on. Till then, every poll that comes out with options such as class specific MMR is going to get a fat no from me.

It's a trust thing, I don't want Class specific MMR to be released, fail and be left alone like duo queue trial was.

I miss team queue...

• @sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Players are waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end before trusting Anet to handle the next thing such as class specific mmr and to be frank, I'm happy I voted against it otherwise just like the trial of duo queue, it would be left half done and not completed properly.

What isn't left half done in this game?

Whether they like it or not, I think they've made it their own Motto to never finish, drop support for, or completely give up on ideas.

edited June 15, 2018

@AegisFLCL.7623 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Players are waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end before trusting Anet to handle the next thing such as class specific mmr and to be frank, I'm happy I voted against it otherwise just like the trial of duo queue, it would be left half done and not completed properly.

Whether they like it or not, I think they've made it their own Motto to never finish, drop support for, or completely give up on ideas.

Pretty much yea...

I love the idea of class specific MMR but after the the fails of the year of ascension, multiple WvW overhauls and the trial of duo queue, I just don't trust Anet to fully deliver anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game and respect the devs for the game they made, but too much bad PR has left a salty taste in my mouth.

I miss team queue...

• @sephiroth.4217 said:

@AegisFLCL.7623 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Pretty much yea...

I love the idea of class specific MMR but after the the fails of the year of ascension, multiple WvW overhauls and the trial of duo queue, I just don't trust Anet to fully deliver anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game and respect the devs for the game they made, but too much bad PR has left a salty taste in my mouth.

Couldn't agree more!

@omgdracula.6345 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Saint Sated.2698 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

What world do you live in that 5 months is at all a regular cycle for updates to balance in a game? There are much bigger games that do way more regular balance patches. I mean

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc
    https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches (These aren't just balance patches either)

WoW and LoL have way more to consider in balance than GW2. OW you could argue has more as well as they not only have to balance heroes, but also maps if choke points become too heavy.

I see you reposted with less personal vibe this time :)

As I said before, the question if current release schedule is enough is a matter of your personal opinion. The fact is, however, that Anet balance patches are regular. They happen in similar time periods. If they would be once a year or once every 5 years, they still would be regular.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I'm waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end, after that I'll be happy to vote yes to more projects to work on. Till then, every poll that comes out with options such as class specific MMR is going to get a fat no from me.

It's a trust thing, I don't want Class specific MMR to be released, fail and be left alone like duo queue trial was.

Well then, I hope you don't complain about 4 mesmer/scourges matches.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

What does balance have to do with class specific MMR?

I miss team queue...

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I think preventing profession stacking would improve match quality.
    It would be possible to allow not more than one active profession per team even without character lock. It just requires more effort to implement if you not lock characters pre match.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

What does balance have to do with class specific MMR?

If profession stacking wasn't allowed balance would be easier to achieve.

@Marxx.5021 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I think preventing profession stacking would improve match quality.
    It would be possible to allow not more than one active profession per team even without character lock. It just requires more effort to implement if you not lock characters pre match.

If you don't character lock people would swap just like they do today.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.