Guild WvW / Weekly Guild Mission

Dignarus.3794

We have a relatively new guild. Folks from all over but none are on the same server (well representing a single server name). When we open up WvW to pick the Battleground, we all have different options. There's no way for us to do the weekly WvW Guild mission(s)? (3 person minimum required)

Thanks in advance.

I made a thread recently about the minimum player req, it really is unnecessary and needs to be removed. It serves no purpose whatsoever. I have a guild mission this week to capture ONE camp...why does it have a 3 player req??? Luckily I have some friends help me out with them.

This should be resolved once the next WvW revamp goes into effect. No date on when that will happen.

The guild member requirement is likely in place as guild missions were not intended to be solo missions. Since WvW is fairly narrow, there were only so many available options for WvW specific guild missions and many of those tasks themselves can be done solo or with the aid of following a zerg.

PvE guild missions don’t have a player requirement as the missions themselves generally require more than one player.

take an example of 200 guild members an only 50 in each map wvw mission for the guild would be done pretty quickly.. example of some guilds i have been in def, or fate that do wvw day an night an every day.. i have a small guild of less the 30 but only 3 active for any mission at a time. it is very difficult to get the 50,000 wvw world experience! i find out that with a large guild mission without any difficulties. ask in wvw maybe u gt help there more ior ask around in pve about it

Yeah required guild members could be removed. All they would need to do after that is increase the requirements needed so the task itself limits the players.

For camps and sentries, could start off at needing to do five within 10 min. Capture and hold can be five camps, 3 towers, and two keeps. The JP requires three completions. For dolyaks, it starts off at 10 for easy. We have three maps afterall so people can spread out and work together.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Im not as lucky. Our missions are few and far between due to scheduling conflicts. I love it when OS JP is one as I can do that np solo. I need more peeps to help with the weekly ones :(

I feel you on that one. Although recently our guild has been getting more players on frequently, for a while the only favor I was able to consistently get was from the OS JP. I love when it is a mission, easy 500 favor.

As for the OP, I would suggest transferring to a medium population server, only 500 gems, to get your guildies on the same server.

@Dignarus.3794 said:the confusing part is - how do people on different 'servers' get to accomplish these? Maybe with a few hundred members but not for those of us with 20 or so.

Usually able to get three from the same server. Our guild has a similar issue, but a small number of us have a WvW focus, so we are on the same server.

When WvW reorganization takes place, have your whole guild select your guild as their WvW guild. This will allow you to be assigned to the same 'world' each season. It's a fix for later.

You could also have the more active ones if your guild transfer to the same server to allow the same thing now.

as much as I like the idea of removing palyer limits on wvw missions I can't see that happening because.....

they'd be soloable otherwise. at least most of them. and none of PvE guild missions are soloable while providing comparable rewards.

now imagine everyone creating a solo-guild set the mission preference to wvw only and farming those commendations....... I'm quite sure AN does not want that to happen hence the cap

Archived