Looking to Help Silver-Gold Players improve their skills

zoopop.5630

I'll be running In-house games once a week for an hour long teaching some of the silver/gold players the basic stuff that some players are unable to understand /figure out. Goal is to help as many people possible on certain parts of the game to help improve rank matches/players skill levels down the road :).

I'll be doing the in-house matches to those interested feel free to join my guild discord channel https://discord.gg/mNgXeen and show up on the exact day / time given on discord.

Any question at all feel free to post them here and i'll get back to you shortly.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 if u can help pin this up or show any kind of support to help me get this word around to players would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be rude but what are your credentials? Usually to be sought after as a teacher you should have some accomplishments. Im sure you do but like what are they x amount of top 100 finishes? Finishing in the top 250 every season I mean anyone can finish in the top 250 a few seasons? being part of teams that have won tournaments? I think you should tell people instead of saying Im an expert let me help you so they can decide if its worth there time. Not knocking people trying to help but just being willing to help is not automatically a good thing. I could offer Stephen Curry to help with his jumpshot but the main problem there is he is better then me.

@"brannigan.9831" said:Not to be rude but what are your credentials? Usually to be sought after as a teacher you should have some accomplishments. Im sure you do but like what are they x amount of top 100 finishes? Finishing in the top 250 every season I mean anyone can finish in the top 250 a few seasons? being part of teams that have won tournaments? I think you should tell people instead of saying Im an expert let me help you so they can decide if its worth there time. Not knocking people trying to help but just being willing to help is not automatically a good thing. I could offer Stephen Curry to help with his jumpshot but the main problem there is he is better then me.

didn't know you need to have "accomplishments" to help others out by explaining things to them/ giving them helpful tips in certain maps. If a player is usually in silver or low gold it's because they need a small push to understand the conquest a bit more then what they already know, and not to be "rude" but not once did i say i was an expert or a ESL pro. The fact that someone in this community is offering a helping hand to the lower tier players and taking time to show them a few things/explain things to them while playing especially if they are interested in growing, weather they think it's a waste of time or not is on them(they wouldn't be showing up if they thought it was in the first place).

not exactly sure how offering to help others is "not automatically" a good thing , when a majority of the complains and post made are about the lower tier players not knowing how to play conquest and being matched with such players. I can keep going as to why offering help to the lower tier would be more beneficial then "wasted" time/effort.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@"brannigan.9831" said:Not to be rude but what are your credentials? Usually to be sought after as a teacher you should have some accomplishments. Im sure you do but like what are they x amount of top 100 finishes? Finishing in the top 250 every season I mean anyone can finish in the top 250 a few seasons? being part of teams that have won tournaments? I think you should tell people instead of saying Im an expert let me help you so they can decide if its worth there time. Not knocking people trying to help but just being willing to help is not automatically a good thing. I could offer Stephen Curry to help with his jumpshot but the main problem there is he is better then me.

didn't know you need to have "accomplishments" to help others out by explaining things to them/ giving them helpful tips in certain maps. If a player is usually in silver or low gold it's because they need a small push to understand the conquest a bit more then what they already know, and not to be "rude" but not once did i say i was an expert or a ESL pro. The fact that someone in this community is offering a helping hand to the lower tier players and taking time to show them a few things/explain things to them while playing especially if they are interested in growing, weather they think it's a waste of time or not is on them(they wouldn't be showing up if they thought it was in the first place).

not exactly sure how offering to help others is "not automatically" a good thing , when a majority of the complains and post made are about the lower tier players not knowing how to play conquest and being matched with such players. I can keep going as to why offering help to the lower tier would be more beneficial then "wasted" time/effort.

not saying you are one, but trying to make you understand his thinkingif you are a noob, who thinks he knows usefull tips and wants to be nice and "help" new players it could end with the new ppl learning the wrong stuff, stuff that could cause the opposite of getting better, you know what i mean. its not always obvious to decide whats good advice and whats bad, if you dont know what you are doing.even if you just had good intentions

again, not sayihg you are a noob, but how could random ppl on the internet know how good you are, the only reference you can give is your rank or something like that

@RedShark.9548 said:

not saying you are one, but trying to make you understand his thinkingif you are a noob, who thinks he knows usefull tips and wants to be nice and "help" new players it could end with the new ppl learning the wrong stuff, stuff that could cause the opposite of getting better, you know what i mean. its not always obvious to decide whats good advice and whats bad, if you dont know what you are doing.even if you just had good intentions

again, not sayihg you are a noob, but how could random ppl on the internet know how good you are, the only reference you can give is your rank or something like that

Zoopop is pretty much always top 100 or so. If there's 2000 sPvP players total then that would put him in the top 5%.

Personally I've tutored people, it helps them a lot to have some guidance to start. Figuring everything out for yourself takes a long time, I'm usually top 50/60 and there's still stuff that my friends have to point out to me about my rotations. You don't have to know everything to see a person's mistakes from the outside, I'm sure @zoopop.5630 can do that just fine.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

Zoopop is pretty much always top 100 or so. If there's 2000 sPvP players total then that would put him in the top 5%.

Personally I've tutored people, it helps them a lot to have some guidance to start. Figuring everything out for yourself takes a long time, I'm usually top 50/60 and there's still stuff that my friends have to point out to me about my rotations. You don't have to know
everything
to see a person's mistakes from the outside, I'm sure @zoopop.5630 can do that just fine.

thank you husky

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for taking on the thankless job. I gotta be honest, prior to this I never even saw this thread, and I'm sure it's like that for a lot of the cookies. The only reason I saw it today was because of a discussion in another thread.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Is there any way we can market/announce this to players that don't frequent the forums, or just plain missed it. God knows, I see tons of players everyday, that could benefit greatly from some guidance in the ways of PvP Strategy and what a match should look like.

@zoopop.5630 Fantastic Idea on your part, once again thanks for taking the time to do this. If there's anything I can assist with, let me know. I'm sure I can get a couple friends to jump in and help out if needed as well. Rebuilding the PvP population one cookie at a time. :smiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for doing this! I joined this game because I heard of the amazing community it has but then I entered the PvP world and quickly realized it's very cancerous. But people like you give me hope for the PvP Community. Thank you once again Zoopop, hope to join you in the later teachings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived