E3 ArenaNet

Timo.1065

@"Timo.1065" said:I was on so many exibitons, mostly food industry.I have never saw so poor stand.In my opinion it would better to make a desission of not going on E3 than show stand like this below.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZcQ1VvD

Please thell me this is not true!

Because it's not a show stand.They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

@Timo.1065 said:

it's not a show stand
.They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

Business partners? Was it so hard to hire truck, take few furniture, nice chairs, coffee machine. What is a cost of sth like that 2$?

E3 was until recently (last year, iirc) almost only for various companies to meet each other and potential investors. It's still a primary reason for some to go there.Decking out the rooms they have was likely judged to not be a relevant factor for what kind of deals they are there to make.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Timo.1065" said:I was on so many exibitons, mostly food industry.I have never saw so poor stand.In my opinion it would better to make a desission of not going on E3 than show stand like this below.

Because
it's not a show stand
.They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

If I were a potential business partner that would not impress me.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Because
it's not a show stand

I expect the meetings are planned before going there and don't involve "impressing" each other, but that's pure speculation on my part.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Because
it's not a show stand

I expect the meetings are planned before going there and don't involve "impressing" each other, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Then why bother going to E3 if they planned the meetings ahead of time, got to the hotel next door and book a suite for a fraction of the cost with more amenities?

I'd be more impressed that they managed to set up a decent presentation, in a more comfortable set up while spending money wisely; but then I guess partners and investors don't think about things like wisely spending money and getting bang for your buck.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Because
it's not a show stand

surprise surprise - none of professional business potential partners would be impressed by anything flashy/flashier. these guys are there to make deals, not to watch colourfull displays >.>

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Because
it's not a show stand

surprise surprise - none of professional business potential partners would be impressed by anything flashy/flashier. these guys are there to make deals, not to watch colourfull displays >.>

I'm talking about comfort, about not feeling like I'm getting my taxes done at Jackson Hewlitt in a Walmart; I've gone to garages that went out of their way more. As I said I'd be more impressed as an investor if they set up shop at neighboring location while getting more value for their dollar, since that could be my dollar spent next year if I chose to invest.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Because
it's not a show stand

I'm talking about comfort, about not feeling like I'm getting my taxes done at Jackson Hewlitt in a Walmart; I've gone to garages that went out of their way more. As I said I'd be more impressed as an investor if they set up shop at neighboring location while getting more value for their dollar, since that could be my dollar spent next year if I chose to invest.

Is there any way in particular to know how much they spent on said little stand, it might have been cheaper, and it was definitely more public, which can be a good thing too. Even though they went there to met some scheduled meetings who knows what else they did while there.

Archived