Glyph of Bounty - inconsistent behavior on land vs water?

I'm not sure if it's working underwater while harvesting plants. I have never gotten an extra strike, though maybe it is bumping the chance of getting 2 mats instead of 1?

Above ground it's giving me up to 4 strikes on plants as expected.

Also I'm using the Choya gathering tool, and not sure if there's some interaction where that isn't working properly with the glyph.

Any clarification from devs?

Mine definitely works underwater. Just gathered in Sandswept Isles and got lots of bonus strikes. Are you gathering the coral in Bitterfrost? Those coral nodes seem to have the bonus strike disabled. Other coral nodes in other, non-Bitterfrost maps work fine and will give bonus strikes.

@thehipone.6812 said:Mine definitely works underwater. Just gathered in Sandswept Isles and got lots of bonus strikes. Are you gathering the coral in Bitterfrost? Those coral nodes seem to have the bonus strike disabled. Other coral nodes in other, non-Bitterfrost maps work fine and will give bonus strikes.

FWIW, I noticed that the unbound harvesting tool behaves differently underwater: it delivers the item much earlier in the animation than on land, allowing you to harvest way faster by cancelling it than you can on land. So, IDK what the deal here is, but I'd say my own experience says that surface and underwater gathering could be behaving differently.

Archived