Would Rev benefit from its own version of Parasitic Contagion?

Manpag.6421

I've been thinking about the sustainability of condi builds – which is to say, there is very little of it. The main power legend, Shiro, has access to a reasonable amount of lifesteal to survive longer, but Mallyx in particular gets very little. Would adding/editing a trait to heal for 10% of condi damage be overpowered, or just the right amount of passive sustain to put condi on a par with power?

I love parasitic contagion but I'd rather see them revamp Replenishing Despair instead. Perhaps our version should heal for a flat amount every time a condition is applied instead of the 10% condi damage over timeg. Have the flat amount scale greater with condi damage instead of healing power. This way, instead of passively healing, we actively heal when we apply said conditions.

In all honesty, they need to bring mallyx back to beta form while changing so that there isn't anti synergy in group play.

Beta mallyx loaded conditions onto enemies an self and gained healing and damage increases based on number of conditions on self.

I almost think that taking mallyx trait line should grant a stacking buff that has to be maintained (like kallas fervor):

"Every time a condition is inflicted on you, gain a stack of x; caps at 13*"

*whatever the current number of unique conditions there are.

Conditions can be cleansed which are anti synergetic to this playstyle. With this, conditions can still be cleansed but the buffs stacks can only depreciate on their own. This allows you to be a team player by benefiting yourself and the team by pulling conditions onto yourself, allowing for synergy.

Change corruption trait line adept 1 and master 1 to work based on number of stacks of the new buff. Also bring back self inflicted conditions.

I don't know how feasible that is to implement but brining back mallyx's beta playstyle would be nice and give it more sustain. It would also bring an option for power builds.

Like even some of malyx current skills are still meant to play this way because anet didn't completely get rid of it (pain absorption; literally pulls conditions onto self which directly plays into that play style).

After thought: this would make corruption and/ or mallyx viable build choices for the power build as opposed to always having to take invocation (no other core trait line's give any benefit to power really).

@"Ertrak.9506" said:In all honesty, they need to bring mallyx back to beta form while changing so that there isn't anti synergy in group play.

Beta mallyx loaded conditions onto enemies an self and gained healing and damage increases based on number of conditions on self.

I almost think that taking mallyx trait line should grant a stacking buff that has to be maintained (like kallas fervor):

Conditions can be cleansed which are anti synergetic to this playstyle. With this, conditions can still be cleansed but the buffs stacks can only depreciate on their own. This allows you to be a team player by benefiting yourself and the team by pulling conditions onto yourself, allowing for synergy.

Change corruption trait line adept 1 and master 1 to work based on number of stacks of the new buff. Also bring back self inflicted conditions.

I don't know how feasible that is to implement but brining back mallyx's beta playstyle would be nice and give it more sustain. It would also bring an option for power builds.

Like even some of malyx current skills are still meant to play this way because anet didn't completely get rid of it (pain absorption; literally pulls conditions onto self which directly plays into that play style).

After thought: this would make corruption and/ or mallyx viable build choices for the power build as opposed to always having to take invocation (no other core trait line's give any benefit to power really).

If they did this then every class right now would dread seeing a condi rev in open combat, I mean most of the classes are condi specs and run condi traits and skills so this would make us a monster in our own right. With some refinement of the mallyx skills to bring them up to snuff with everything else, and adding a small bit of mobility I believe this could make us a very powerful combatant and actually fix alot of the issues revenants face when fighting any of the PoF specs.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"Ertrak.9506" said:In all honesty, they need to bring mallyx back to beta form while changing so that there isn't anti synergy in group play.

If they did this then every class right now would dread seeing a condi rev in open combat, I mean most of the classes are condi specs and run condi traits and skills so this would make us a monster in our own right. With some refinement of the mallyx skills to bring them up to snuff with everything else, and adding a small bit of mobility I believe this could make us a very powerful combatant and actually fix alot of the issues revenants face when fighting any of the PoF specs.

Well yes and no.

I didn't say change the values on the current traits. Meaning that healing you gain is actually quite small, and the damage increase only affects power damage, not Condi. This only slightly buffs Condi builds' damage output and gives power builds a trait line that can actually compete with invocation.

On top of that if some how its too effective its not like the buff i suggested could be capped at lower stacks. You also need to remember that they would depreciate.

Im just saying that if they fixed the anti synergy issue, it would fix malyx's sustain issues.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:In all honesty, they need to bring mallyx back to beta form while changing so that there isn't anti synergy in group play.

Well yes and no.

I didn't say change the values on the current traits. Meaning that healing you gain is actually quite small, and the damage increase pinky affects power damage.

On top of that oid some how its too effective its not the buff i suggested could be capped lower.

Im just saying that if they fixed the anti synergy issue, it would fix malyx's sustain issues.

But we will need the utilities to be tweaked a smidgen so that we can reliably use them in combat, because as it stands now simply having one leap is not going to be enough to get us to the enemy ahead of us. True I suppose if they brought back beta mallyx we could actually run shiro as our other legend and bring back the shiro/mallyx builds from back then but I feel like Mallyx should be able to stand on his own two feet.

that being said I feel like they should revert all the changes they made to revenant and make them as they were in beta; Outside of the weapon swap of course because taking that away would be ludicrous at this point.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:In all honesty, they need to bring mallyx back to beta form while changing so that there isn't anti synergy in group play.

Well yes and no.

I didn't say change the values on the current traits. Meaning that healing you gain is actually quite small, and the damage increase pinky affects power damage.

On top of that oid some how its too effective its not the buff i suggested could be capped lower.

But we will need the utilities to be tweaked a smidgen so that we can reliably use them in combat, because as it stands now simply having one leap is not going to be enough to get us to the enemy ahead of us. True I suppose if they brought back beta mallyx we could actually run shiro as our other legend and bring back the shiro/mallyx builds from back then but I feel like Mallyx should be able to stand on his own two feet.

that being said I feel like they should revert all the changes they made to revenant and make them as they were in beta; Outside of the weapon swap of course because taking that away would be ludicrous at this point.

Fair enough. Cant argue with that really.

Old Mallyx.. i still remember that day when shatter mesmer tried to immobilize me and ended up with 12seconds of immobilize himself. Or that necro who ended up being in fear for 9 seconds somehow. Or when i was walking over ranger traps on purpose to get as many condi on myself as i could then wreck him. Yeah bring it on, time to murder these skilless condi spammer bots.

@Burtnik.5218 said:Old Mallyx.. i still remember that day when shatter mesmer tried to immobilize me and ended up with 12seconds of immobilize himself. Or that necro who ended up being in fear for 9 seconds somehow. Or when i was walking over ranger traps on purpose to get as many condi on myself as i could then wreck him. Yeah bring it on, time to murder these skilless condi spammer bots.

@Burtnik.5218 said:Old Mallyx.. i still remember that day when shatter mesmer tried to immobilize me and ended up with 12seconds of immobilize himself. Or that necro who ended up being in fear for 9 seconds somehow. Or when i was walking over ranger traps on purpose to get as many condi on myself as i could then wreck him. Yeah bring it on, time to murder these skilless condi spammer bots.

Imagine being in a havoc and having a condi scourage try to cleave you down, and you just suck all of his nastiness up and then throw it back on him becoming a condi-monster and tearing through his friends. #makemallyxgreatagain

Defiitely in agreement with making Mallyx more like he was in beta. The point is that at the moment, Mallyx is stuck between worlds; many traits benefit from taking conditions onto yourself, but there isn't much to do after that and it certainly doesn't punish people for putting conditions on you. On the other hand, you can pump out a lot of condis, but nowhere near on the level of Scourge or Mesmer. I lean towards a punishment model if Mallyx wants to see any level of competitive play, especially as he would also compliment Jalis nicely on tank builds if you were able to give those conditions back.

Perhaps even make "Embrace the Darkness" Give back energy and health based on conditions, So your not only placing them on the enemy but you're healing and gaining energy back to continue fighting in that form. You take the torment they would apply and push it back, all condis in that form are redirected and heal you for burst healing that scales on your condition power and then your energy regens super fast while your under the effects of condis. Meaning you really turn into nothing but a condition monster once someone trys to dump their nastiness on you.

Archived