help: can't change hand for a weapon

shun.8730

first, sorry for my bad english. I have a problem, my pg have start to use main hand weapon with right hand rather than left and i can't go back. Have tried to hold and put the main hand weapon on the second slot in the window: "equipment" but doesn't work.

This game considers the right hand as the "main hand", and the left as the "off hand". Some weapons can be placed in both, while others only in one of the two. In your case the sword can go in both the main and off-hand, while the pistol can only go in the off-hand. Therefore the pistol will always be held in the left hand when playing mesmer.

For sword as an off-hand weapon (held in left hand) you can play mesmer, warrior or revenant. For pistol main hand (held in right) you need to play thief or engineer.

By the sound of it your issue seems to be getting the sword back in the off-hand spot, and unequipping (rightclick the weapon and choose unequip) all weapons before doing so should resolve your issue. This however does mean you need to find a new main hand weapon, as you can only have 1 weapon equipped at any time in your off-hand, which is the only hand pistols for mesmer go in.

For further information on what weapons go in which hand (right hand = weapon skills 1-3, left hand = weapon skills 4-5) and which weapons your profession can use just open the Hero Panel (press H) and go to the Build section on the left. If there is a blank field on the 1-3 weapon skills it means it's an off-hand weapon only for this profession. Same if 4-5 is blank it's just for the main hand. If all 1-5 slots have skills this means you can equip the weapon in both hands.

Archived