Now that necro sand savant is 3x longer, can we please change guild hall to be part of wvw balance?

Cheeseball C.8395

There is no open world pvp in the PvE maps so unless we will be given that, fighting in guild halls arent an accurate comparison to pvp in any other areas of the game. If wvw players/guilds want to fight each other, often times people want to use the guild hall but having strong prenerfed builds on certain classes doesnt feel appropriate.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:I didnt understand what cooldown of shades has to do with "strong prenerfed builds (what does this even mean?) and with open world pvp. I really cant.

Some WvW guilds use guild halls to have GvG matches... and some players just want to have duels/matches while using their actual armor. When you have such large gaps in balancing, the guild hall arenas seriously lose their appeal.

Since the guild hall is the only other source of PvP using PvE gear outside of WvW, I think it would make sense to keep them using the same balancing standards. I think it would actually help bring more life/importance to the guild halls.

@Undo.5091 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:I didnt understand what cooldown of shades has to do with "strong prenerfed builds (what does this even mean?) and with open world pvp. I really cant.

Some WvW guilds use guild halls to have GvG matches... and some players just want to have duels/matches while using their actual armor. When you have such large gaps in balancing, the guild hall arenas seriously lose their appeal.

Since the guild hall is the only other source of PvP using PvE gear outside of WvW, I think it would make sense to keep them using the same balancing standards. I think it would actually help bring more life/importance to the guild halls.

Thanks!

@trueanimus.4085 said:wvw is dying becuase they keep nerfing classes. Necro gets a nerf every patch... meanwhile a mesmer can run in and burst you down in 1 second and then invis and run away

So, wvw is dying because they're nerfing classes, i see...They way to solve it is nerf another class, i see...Just say that you main Necro and easy mode is going away, just a bit at time, fading the dream of keyboard facerolling little by little

@trueanimus.4085 said:wvw is dying becuase they keep nerfing classes. Necro gets a nerf every patch... meanwhile a mesmer can run in and burst you down in 1 second and then invis and run away

wvw isnt dying because they are nerfing classes, necro especially needs those nerfes, if it would stay this way with necro being the overlord even more ppl will leave...wvw is dying because its stale, almost the same since the beginning, devs just dont rly care about it

ive used to duel in there, but the difference is just too big compared to wvw

pls anet balance it for wvw or pvp, but not pve, makes no sense since you cant fight npcs in that arena

@RedShark.9548 said:wvw is dying because its stale, almost the same since the beginning, devs just dont rly care about it

No, WvW is completely different. The meta shifted with PoF, melee is actually one shottable. Reason is more like the guild players got too old and got jobs so there isnt many guilds carrying the community anymore. Most guild members dont even seem to be interested in open raiding these days, they just log in for guild raids and then log out, before they used to have time for open tags etc.

Thats why open raids are typically clownfiesta these days, theres like max 5-10 players that know what they're doing on most servers and rest are some kind combination of foodless roaming class that can't roam because they don't even know what their traits do.

Doesn't help that guardian gets pretty bad loots and is mostly a healbot these days (because celestial etc is too squishy to survive in this meta) so lot of people don't want to play it. Same goes for other support classes like Dwarf revenant etc. So even good players just play some kind of full dps scourges and eles and ofc the fights will turn terrible when no1 is keeping the worse players alive.

Worst part is that you don't have 2 firebrands per party anymore because the damage is terrible compared to other classes. During HoT it was completely fine, guardian could easily be top 1 damage with full celestial and if the another guardian was terrible, the good one could make up for better stab/cleanse rotation.

These days there's also a gap between players who played the game for years and ones that joined recently. the commanders just log in and expect people to know what to do, they go for fights without explaining anything to new players. I do the same, the game is little too complex to explain compared to years ago when all you needed to tell was eles to freecast, necros stay on tag and drop wells when asked and guardians try to rotate stab. Hardest group thing was like blasting waterfields. You just can't explain much...

I mean guilds benefited from members joining open tags also: 1) the members played more, so obviously they got better faster 2) it allowed people to develop their own gamestyle due to open raids allowing people to test random things and make solo plays.

@Threather.9354 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:wvw is dying because its stale, almost the same since the beginning, devs just dont rly care about it

No, WvW is completely different. The meta shifted with PoF, melee is actually one shottable. Reason is more like
the guild players got too old and got jobs
so there isnt many guilds carrying the community anymore. Most guild members dont even seem to be interested in open raiding these days,
they just log in for guild raids and then log out, before they used to have time for open tags etc.

Thats why open raids are typically clownfiesta these days, theres like max 5-10 players that know what they're doing on most servers and rest are some kind combination of foodless roaming class that can't roam because they don't even know what their traits do.

Doesn't help that guardian gets pretty bad loots and is mostly a healbot these days
(because celestial etc is too squishy to survive in this meta) so lot of people don't want to play it. Same goes for other support classes like Dwarf revenant etc. So even good players just play some kind of full dps scourges and eles and ofc the fights will turn terrible when no1 is keeping the worse players alive.

Worst part is that you don't have 2 firebrands per party anymore because the damage is terrible compared to other classes. During HoT it was completely fine, guardian could easily be top 1 damage with full celestial and if the another guardian was terrible, the good one could make up for better stab/cleanse rotation.

These days
there's also a gap between players who played the game for years and ones that joined recently
. the commanders just log in and expect people to know what to do, they go for fights without explaining anything to new players. I do the same, the game is little too complex to explain compared to years ago when all you needed to tell was eles to freecast, necros stay on tag and drop wells when asked and guardians try to rotate stab. Hardest group thing was like blasting waterfields. You just can't explain much...

I mean guilds benefited from members joining open tags also: 1) the members played more, so obviously they got better faster 2) it allowed people to develop their own gamestyle due to open raids allowing people to test random things and make solo plays.

they didnt stop playig because they have gotte old and jobs, they left because they did the same thing for a few years and the meta shifted to unskilled BS which got boring quicktoo repetetive and too much shipping

Archived