Condi mirage is overrated, you seriously think this is OP?

DrDivine.5378

It has ok condi damage, but mirage as a whole is much more clunky than chrono. It's slower, squishier and very awkward to play. I'm a mesmer main that hasn't played since HoT until this week and was hyped up to play mirage but it honestly feels worse than chrono.

@DrDivine.5378 said:It has ok condi damage, but mirage as a whole is much more clunky than chrono.

It has similar amounts of burst as a condi thief while having more ammunition than said thief to exhaust your clenases, and that is definitely not ok condi damage.

It's slower, squishier and very awkward to play.

It's basically the only spec that can almost catch up to a daredevil on sb with dash traited (which is the fastest spec) unless the dd stealths.

so yep, I'd just refer you to other replies above me.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@DrDivine.5378 said:Mirage still has it's counter picks like any other profession, being decent doesn't make it OP or broken like people cry about all the time

Please enlighten us on the counter picks? Best you will get is a stalemate, or a 50/50 matchup that can go either way.

Just play druid, and beat every mirage of equal skill to you without any problems. No I’m not joking :)

@"Alatar.7364" said:So you didn't play for 3 years, countless patches and Meta shifts, but after one week you think you know what your talking about?

This isn't like league of legends where a whole bunch of stuff gets overhauled over the course of just a year, for example, before PoF a lot of the same builds such as condi chrono were used for over a year. The only thing that changed is "replace this elite spec with this elite spec" on each class except maybe druid. It's not a bad thing though to be more casual, easier to get into.

So tell me since there is a lot of "meta shifts" We had bunker chrono at launch, outside of carrion condi chrono, what other mesmer builds were meta in these last three years besides mirage?

@DrDivine.5378 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:So you didn't play for 3 years, countless patches and Meta shifts, but after one week you think you know what your talking about?

This isn't like league of legends where a whole bunch of stuff gets overhauled over the course of just a year

Indeed, this is a game where bunch of stuff got overhauled over the course of 3 years, such as complete overhaul of...yeah Mesmer, ... beside others... :)

@DrDivine.5378 said:

So tell me since there is a lot of "meta shifts" We had bunker chrono at launch, outside of carrion condi chrono, what other mesmer builds were meta in these last three years besides mirage?

This question of yours proves my point...META is not Mesmer, it's all of the Professions and those shifted A LOT. You do not determine a professions "OPiness" by comparing it to its other Builds, you do that by comparing it to other professions. And currently it's nature is just mindblowingly off the charts.

As people said already, which I tried to avoid to say, that you are not a good Mesmer within one week, doesn't mean it's not OP, because that's just a fact. Asking questions not related as to why is Mirage OP won't help you hide that.

@Cylokin.2560 said:Does anyone really think 20/25 instant stacks of confusion and torment is balanced? With straight face? Bloody hell!I will be in other game modes until Condition Mirage is fixed, cheers.

Confusion is so easy. Just don't attack into it. 20 confusion stacks isn't sustainable, that's dumping almost everything they have at once. The burning levels on torch is where mirage is really over performing.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Cylokin.2560 said:Does anyone really think 20/25 instant stacks of confusion and torment is balanced? With straight face? Bloody hell!I will be in other game modes until Condition Mirage is fixed, cheers.

Confusion is so easy. Just don't attack into it. 20 confusion stacks isn't sustainable, that's dumping almost everything they have at once. The burning levels on torch is where mirage is really over performing.

It's not dumping everything. It's basically 1 button press on Cry of Frustration when you have 3 clones up. Literally just got out of a match against some bad condi mirage where I avoided the torch 4 5 burns, 2 axe ambushes, 2 shatters, and saw him pop distortion 5s into the fight. I thought it's over, went in for the kill, and guess what? randomly, instant 17 stacks of confusion out of nowhere forced me to stow my weapon and disengage while taking damage instead and because I've already exhausted all my defense, the shit mirage was able neutralize my node before getting +1ed just to blink/leap away.

Dont give me the bs such as you should've kept track of Cry of Frustration. There's no way to tell the differences between the shatters unless you purposely get hit by them. Same with the bs about you should've seen the 3 clones coming. Condi mirages shits out clones so fast compared to their chronomancer (which shits out phantasms) or core mesmer counterpart (actual spec that takes brain to make illusions and shatter), they can basically randomly shatter whenever they want and there's a high chance the shatter will at least be 2 clones along with the mirage himself, making it 3.

@suffish.4150 said:

@DrDivine.5378 said:Mirage still has it's counter picks like any other profession, being decent doesn't make it OP or broken like people cry about all the time

Please enlighten us on the counter picks? Best you will get is a stalemate, or a 50/50 matchup that can go either way.

Just play druid, and beat every mirage of equal skill to you without any problems. No I’m not joking :)

There is no mesmer of equal skill to you.

so many threads of mirage broken, yet were is all the QQ's about Holosmiths contant disengage, cc, blocks, high burst,condi convertion, oh and lets not mention spellbreakers abiliity to trigger full counter on its own without even being attack! think so many people on this forum just need to make excuses and aint willing to learn the game. This is my biggest complaint about pvp and ive been moderated a few times because of it.

I dont play condi mirage (and have fought many), however Condi mirage itself cannot get all the blame. I find a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people either dont manage their condi cleanses properly (which is a L2P) or dont adapt to fighting them (change a trait/skill.,,,etc when you see you are vs a mirage...which is also a L2P)

Its easy to put 110% blame on the build/spec, however takes 2 to tango.

PS. I agree that condi mirage is "unbalanced" but def not as far as "OP"...as the term is very mis used.PPS. Druid and SB is a good counter as is Scourge (another problem) and those weavers that can shed condis like candy

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:I dont play condi mirage (and have fought many), however Condi mirage itself cannot get all the blame. I find a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people either dont manage their condi cleanses properly (which is a L2P) or dont adapt to fighting them (change a trait/skill.,,,etc when you see you are vs a mirage...which is also a L2P)

PS. I agree that condi mirage is "unbalanced" but def not as far as "OP"...as the term is very mis used.PPS. Druid and SB is a good counter as is Scourge (another problem) and those weavers that can shed condis like candy

When you have a 5v5 mode and 2 - 3 people in team have to change their builds because of ONE enemy profession, that's the very definition of OP rather than "unbalanced".

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:I dont play condi mirage (and have fought many), however Condi mirage itself cannot get all the blame. I find a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people either dont manage their condi cleanses properly (which is a L2P) or dont adapt to fighting them (change a trait/skill.,,,etc when you see you are vs a mirage...which is also a L2P)

When you have a 5v5 mode and 2 - 3 people in team have to change their builds because of ONE enemy profession, that's the very definition of OP rather than "unbalanced".

2-3 people changing build to counter 1 class and that setup they change to is a hardcounter to it, means they are all bad and cannot use the counter class effectively as its a hard counter

@skillze.7689 said:

2-3 people changing build to counter 1 class and that setup they change to is a hardcounter to it, means they are all bad and cannot use the counter class effectively as its a hard counter

if 2-3 ppl "need" to change classes to counter 1, thats the definition of L2P, not "OP" (which again, is misused as ppl refuse to see it any other way). These ppl who are changing know how its done. People should be changing things based on what they are up against...thats how you win in any PvP scenario and is very widely known outside GW2.

• Edited for clarity as some seem confused about the initial statement.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I dont play condi mirage (and have fought many), however Condi mirage itself cannot get all the blame. I find a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people either dont manage their condi cleanses properly (which is a L2P) or dont adapt to fighting them (change a trait/skill.,,,etc when you see you are vs a mirage...which is also a L2P)

if 2-3 ppl "need" to change classes to counter 1, thats the definition of L2P, not "OP" (which again, is misused as ppl refuse to see it any other way)

So when you wrote in your previous post that people who don't change traits to fight them need to L2P, you didn't actually mean that people who don't change traits to fight them need to L2P?

PS. I agree that condi mirage is "unbalanced" but def not as far as "OP"...as the term is very mis used.PPS. Druid and SB is a good counter as is Scourge (another problem) and those weavers that can shed condis like candyI call it overpowered when you take a 4K damage tick for popping a cleanse to cleanse that 20 stacks of comfy applied on you out of nowhere. Or when you randomly have 10 stacks of burn + cover condi (another 4K) from stealth...

Archived