HotFlip [Suggestion]

Ithilwen.1529

In Hotjoin, the system is or was that if the teams were unbalanced, one player on the heavy side would be asked to flip.

The same might be done in ranked, triggered by some excessive point differential. The player changing sides would receive some reward.

One player could also be asked to opt out if the other side is down a player. The player opting out would not receive a loss, regardless.

This would tend to reduce games with extreme point differentials.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:How about no. If people get outplayed, they deserve to lose. We need less catering to bad players, not more.

this is right outside of rng teams.one sided matches suck. most people agree. they suck even more when you are powerless to do anything about it.i dont like the idea of catering to the losing side but if it means better games... then maybe. could be a beta trial run test thing.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:How about no. If people get outplayed, they deserve to lose. We need less catering to bad players, not more.

this is right outside of rng teams.one sided matches suck. most people agree. they suck even more when you are powerless to do anything about it.i dont like the idea of catering to the losing side but if it means better games... then maybe. could be a beta trial run test thing.

Then ask for a better distribution of players or mirror matchups, if I was winning and I was moved to the team I was just running over, I'd not be happy about it.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:In Hotjoin, the system is or was that if the teams were unbalanced, one player on the heavy side would be asked to flip.

The same might be done in ranked, triggered by some excessive point differential. The player changing sides would receive some reward.

One player could also be asked to opt out if the other side is down a player. The player opting out would not receive a loss, regardless.

This would tend to reduce games with extreme point differentials.

Unbalanced meant an unbalanced number of players, not an unbalance in level of skill.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Then ask for a better distribution of players or mirror matchups, if I was winning and I was moved to the team I was just running over, I'd not be happy about it.

thats exactly whats being asked here lol, except no one is forced. honestly i would be surprised if anyone at all even used this feature since it would probably mean a loss.

at least im pretty sure that OP said that there wasnt a forced team move.

I wouldn't mind a mandatory "penalty box" type system where a player gets benched if there is a DC until the DCer returns. A player could volunteer for some kind of bonus and after 10 seconds if no one volunteers it picks a player at random. Something like that.

But adding team flipping to ranked? I literally cannot think of a feature more likely to convince me to never play SPvP again.

Archived