End Game: Magic Find and Experience From Dailies and More

I have hit the end of my use for magic find which is totally maxed and no one is buying it.

I also have little use for experience - I don't make new toons and all of mine are maxed out in what I will use them for.

May we get choices IF our limits are maxed out?

Not everything is meant to go over the walls set and work infinitely.

If you have maxed magic find out, than congrats, you can move on to something else to max out.Other games have used Alternate Advancement for experience beyond the level cap that increase other things like stats, but in GW2 we already have mastery levels which require regular experience to fill up, if you've maxed those out then wait until the next expansion or living story, reroll a new character, or work on maxing something else.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Not everything is meant to go over the walls set and work infinitely.

If you have maxed magic find out, than congrats, you can move on to something else to max out.Other games have used Alternate Advancement for experience beyond the level cap that increase other things like stats, but in GW2 we already have mastery levels which require regular experience to fill up, if you've maxed those out then wait until the next expansion or living story, reroll a new character, or work on maxing something else.

I am talking about dailies, which are set and can't be 'something else'.

The daily login is useless for at least 8 days for many long-term players.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Unknown what might happen with magic find but Xp will be needed for any masteries not yet done and any new ones from new maps/expansions.

I am not making another toon.

To have another choice other than something is totally maxed out, and never going anywhere, such as magic find, would be normal in any other game.

Experience? Again, I don't even play most of my toons - I won't be making any unless they bring out a new race.

@atheria.2837 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Unknown what might happen with magic find but Xp will be needed for any masteries not yet done and any new ones from new maps/expansions.

To have another choice other than something is totally maxed out, and never going anywhere, such as magic find, would be normal in any other game.

Experience? Again, I don't even play most of my toons - I won't be making any unless they bring out a new race.

Don't forget that experience provides Spirit Shards post 80:

If no tracks are available or selected, leveling past 80 will award 1 Spirit Shard.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience

Experience is not useless even if it loses its main use once you cap on masteries before the next set of masteries arrives be it via expansion or Living World Episode.

Now Luck, yes that has been a one trip road with an end for a very long time. At best I could imagine Arenanet adding some type of conversion so you can use extra Luck but this is something which only affects the most dedicated players so I doubt this is of high priority even x amount of years after it was added.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Unknown what might happen with magic find but Xp will be needed for any masteries not yet done and any new ones from new maps/expansions.

Has nothing to do with making new toons.

Don’t you have the expansions? Do you have all masteries maxed? If not then XP is used for that. If you do have them maxed then you get Spirit Shards now and with any new Living Story maps and the next expansion then you’ll need XP for new Masteries.

@atheria.2837 said:I have hit the end of my use for magic find which is totally maxed and no one is buying it.

I also have little use for experience - I don't make new toons and all of mine are maxed out in what I will use them for.

May we get choices IF our limits are maxed out?

well you can start selling all the blue/green gear then instead of salvage for magic find/materials.buy the materials with the coin you sell for.experience i guess you mean writs and tomes you can combine writs to more tomes and eat those for spirit shards.

@atheria.2837 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Not everything is meant to go over the walls set and work infinitely.

I am talking about dailies, which are set and can't be 'something else'.

The daily login is useless for at least 8 days for many long-term players.

The daily login are just bonuses meant to help you along the way, I mean geez all you had to do was show up to collect it.What "other" choices you looking for here? gold? materials?

Like I said not everything is meant to be infinite, if you maxed out something, then find something else to work on.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Don’t you have the expansions? Do you have all masteries maxed? If not then XP is used for that. If you do have them maxed then you get Spirit Shards now and with any new Living Story maps and the next expansion then you’ll need XP for new Masteries.

Given the OP is talking about login rewards and daily rewards, they mean XP granted via Tomes/Scrolls of knowledge, which can’t be used levelling masteries up. I hoard tomes tbh, and use them for temporary characters, it’s no loss to me. They have a secondary use of gaining Spirit Shards, but that just stores them infinitely in your wallet, which is also ok.

I agree that the Essences of Luck should be entirely removed from daily login rewards however. Luck is easy to gain without it being there. As more people reach 300%, it’s not a reward anymore. Replaced with a crafting material bag, Transmutation charge, anything. Just not Luck. My guild hall doesn’t need to be stuffed with lanterns.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

Given the OP is talking about login rewards and daily rewards, they mean XP granted via Tomes/Scrolls of knowledge, which can’t be used levelling masteries up. I hoard tomes tbh, and use them for temporary characters, it’s no loss to me. They have a secondary use of gaining Spirit Shards, but that just stores them infinitely in your wallet, which is also ok.

I agree that the Essences of Luck should be entirely removed from daily login rewards however. Luck is easy to gain without it being there. As more people reach 300%, it’s not a reward anymore. Replaced with a crafting material bag, Transmutation charge, anything. Just not Luck. My guild hall doesn’t need to be stuffed with lanterns.

/shrug

If s/he doesn’t want to make a weekly key runner to use up those tomes and writs to get a weekly Black Lion Key then that’s the choice they made. Otherwise s/he can use them to get a Spirit Shard.

Something I suggested back on the old forums: 2 more login rewards with Bags of Crafting, only 1 Bag of Luck, and 1 day with Toy Miniature Egg (for fun or extra coin if a player has unlocked them all). I also find uses for Tomes (as mentioned above) so my bias lean towards retaining them.

haiNuof.jpg

As for luck, stock up and donate to newer Guild Halls from time-to-time if you have a spare Guild slot free. Well, that's what I do with them anyway. One person's trash is another person's treasure.

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:I agree that the Essences of Luck should be entirely removed from daily login rewards however. Luck is easy to gain without it being there. As more people reach 300%, it’s not a reward anymore.Has ANet ever indicated what percentage of the playerbase has actually reached 300% base magic find yet? I know I'm still a good way off (closing in on 250% with 10k+ hours played and 28k+ ap since shortly after release), as are most of my friends in game. I wonder if the "capped luck" problem is really as widespread as it sometimes appears on the forums, or if it's really a problem only affecting a tiny part of the veterans (who probably hoard most of the wealth in-game anyway, so changing luck to something "useful" would only help to widen the gap between them and the newer players).

@atheria.2837 said:

Dude... No one talked about alts... New Masteries come with each new expansion, and each new Chapter of the living world. Although, you're kinda right, since you can't use scrolls or tomes for masteries..

Besides you can trade the Tomes of experience (i think you mean that experience, right) for Spirit Shards which are used for a ton of stuff, including materials for Legendary items.I'd personally like to see more stuff added to Miyani's inventory so we have a few more sinks for Spirit Shards, but there's a sink for experience tomes.And you can turn scrolls into tomes at Miyani, so the exp is taken care of.

The exp you gain from kills, and whatever, also produce spirit shards, so again... There's a point on giving you constant experience.

The Essences of Luck, on the other hand, really could use a new sink. There's a few already, mind you... You can turn lower ones into the 200 luck ones and donate to your guilds for several upgrades (unless it's maxed out...), you can turn the 50 luck ones to the decorations vendor at the guild hall for some Paper Lanterns which can then be turned into other cooler decorations for your guild.If you're not a guild person, then, well, suffer your selfishness with the loss of storage tabs until they add new sinks.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

It also gets a bit expensive to turn all the luck into lanterns.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

It also gets a bit expensive to turn all the luck into lanterns.

And tedious, because you can’t bulk buy decorations.

I have a silly idea. There is no new source for Scarlet's potions and those are definitely used in fractals (and a couple other places). Why not use luck and blade shards and some other ingredients to make those potions? Do the same with other similar potions that are still used in game but have no sources.

@Neutra.6857 said:I have a silly idea. There is no new source for Scarlet's potions and those are definitely used in fractals (and a couple other places). Why not use luck and blade shards and some other ingredients to make those potions? Do the same with other similar potions that are still used in game but have no sources.

You can buy 5 greens a day for 500 blade shads in fractals so there is a sink for them.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:I have a silly idea. There is no new source for Scarlet's potions and those are definitely used in fractals (and a couple other places). Why not use luck and blade shards and some other ingredients to make those potions? Do the same with other similar potions that are still used in game but have no sources.

You can buy 5 greens a day for 500 blade shads in fractals so there is a sink for them.

I don't think that 1 green per 100 blade shards is a good sink considering how often we get green equipment.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:I agree that the Essences of Luck should be entirely removed from daily login rewards however. Luck is easy to gain without it being there. As more people reach 300%, it’s not a reward anymore.Has ANet ever indicated what percentage of the playerbase has actually reached 300% base magic find yet? I know I'm still a good way off (closing in on 250% with 10k+ hours played and 28k+ ap since shortly after release), as are most of my friends in game. I wonder if the "capped luck" problem is really as widespread as it sometimes appears on the forums, or if it's really a problem only affecting a tiny part of the veterans (who probably hoard most of the wealth in-game anyway, so changing luck to something "useful" would only help to widen the gap between them and the newer players).

That would indeed be an interesting detail to be exposed via the API. Currently you can only retrieve the amount of luck items players have stored in their inventory / bank (https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.luck calculates it together for you), but that doesn't tell you anything about their magic find rate (one could guess those hoarders all have 300% already).

Archived