World completion over a long time frame.

Has anyone had problems with world completion not working when the time frame for the character is 3 years or more.Decided to go back to some of my original characters which I hadnt played for a really long time and finish off world completion to get the GOE and find that it doesnt work.ie when you finish and get 100% world completion , nothing happens.Is there a time limit on how long you can take to do this ?

There is no time limit for getting world completion on any character.Since it has been 3 years and some points were added or changed could it be that you already had world completion on that character before? if so you would not get it again by getting the added poi's.The first time I did world completion on any character it did not trigger until I also explored all areas of the maps, you can check the explorer achievements to see if you missed any of them https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ExplorerAnother common issue is when you get a consumable item from a hero point, complete all the map exploration and go to another map before consuming the hero point item. It will still show the map the hero point is on as 100% completed but because the item was consumed elsewhere the map completion never triggered. Going back to such maps will give you the map completion reward so you might just have to visit all maps once more.

Ive currently found 653 POIs , and thats all there seem to be as the world completion table only shows 653 to be found.On the character that world completion failed on , I had 652 of 653 POIs , and the missing POI was in the new Lions Arch.I was never able to find the last POI in the old Lions Arch.When I found the last POI in the new lions arch, the counter under world completion increased from 652 to 653 POIs , and world completion went from 99% to 100%, but nothing else happened.Ive got another character with the same problem , ie 652 out 653 POIs and the missing one is the same one in Lions Arch, so Ill try again and see what happens.

Generally speaking, if you've already completed the world, you don't get the reward a second time. Anet has added new points to places in the game (and new hearts in some cases) and getting those again won't give you world complete again.

For example they added Ellen Kiel's Office not long ago in Lion's Arch. I had 100% world complete on a character. It went down to 99%. When I got the new point of interest, it just went back to 100%. Nothing else happened. You don't get the reward again.

Tried it on a 2nd char with the last POI in Lions Arch and same thing happened, ie no world completion.Havnt done world completion before on any of these characters.All are more than 3 years old , the only char that world completion did work on was about 1 1/2 years old.

Did you take those characters into the Chantry of Secrets (completely in and out), again? That's where, many times in the past, the issue resided.

Are you sure those characters haven't attained World Completion, previously? Perhaps, a friend/guildie can check for the star next to their names.

If you continue to have issue, you will have to discuss the issue with the CS Team.

Good luck.

@mauried.5608 said:Ive currently found 653 POIs , and thats all there seem to be as the world completion table only shows 653 to be found.On the character that world completion failed on , I had 652 of 653 POIs , and the missing POI was in the new Lions Arch.I was never able to find the last POI in the old Lions Arch.When I found the last POI in the new lions arch, the counter under world completion increased from 652 to 653 POIs , and world completion went from 99% to 100%, but nothing else happened.Ive got another character with the same problem , ie 652 out 653 POIs and the missing one is the same one in Lions Arch, so Ill try again and see what happens.

If you had 652/653 then you already had World Completion on that char. What you were missing was the poi added since that time. All my level 80s that had World Completion showed 652/653 and I had to get that Poi in LA to get 100% back.

@mauried.5608 said:How can you tell you have world completion as none of the characters that apparently have it have ever received the GOE which is what Im after?

Can you ask someone to look at your character that you think has world completion to see if it has the Star? If it has the Star then maybe you forgot to accept map completion chests. Try logging in to each and every map to see if the map completion chest appears. Also go to the Chantry of Secrets and check there for a not accepted chest.

Another thing to try is maybe you got it and forgot. Do you have gw2efficiency.com? If you do you can check there for a forgotten GoE.

Edit: if it was that far back it might be WvW. Log into those maps and check them also.

I eventually found the missing GOE, in the bags of a char who hasnt even done world completion, so no idea how it got there.Gw2efficiency tells me that this particular char has done world completion, so no idea what will happen if I try and finish with this char.Anyway alls well.Thanks heaps for the help.

Archived