Getting infusions

I've been through all the older fractals, etc., but only on one character. I really don't feel like farming fractals endlessly, but I would like to get +5 infusions for my other characters with ascended armor.

I've read the wiki articles, and the implication is that you can only acquire them in fractals.

So, are fractals the only way to get infusions with +5 in one of the attributes?

World vs World has them as well and they are very cheap at 5 Laurels and 125 badges of honor each.

They don't have the agony resistance however, so if you plan on doing higher tier fractals it won't do you any good.

Also make sure to upgrade everything to ascended first. The infusions make only a tiny amount of difference compared to upgrading every last part first

@Blocki.4931 said:World vs World has them as well and they are very cheap at 5 Laurels and 125 badges of honor each.

They don't have the agony resistance however, so if you plan on doing higher tier fractals it won't do you any good.

Also make sure to upgrade everything to ascended first. The infusions make only a tiny amount of difference compared to upgrading every last part first

What is the every last part first? I am thinking of getting +5 attribution agony too. Thanks in advance

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:World vs World has them as well and they are very cheap at 5 Laurels and 125 badges of honor each.

What is the every last part first? I am thinking of getting +5 attribution agony too. Thanks in advance

Equipment from exotic to ascended

VanWilder:

There's a good summary on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion, and you can branch off from there.

My problem is more grind-related, because I've already done a lot of the fractal content (I already have Ad Infinitum, for example). I WILL go back and do some more, but they take a long time to build up to. I made this thread because I want to know about ways other than fractals for obtaining attribute +5 infusions.

By the way, you can buy +4 vanilla infusions from laurel vendors. The extra +1 may not be worth it, especially if one has been avoiding fractals.

You can get Stat+5 infusions without fractals or laurels (or WvW): infusions with auras are traded on the TP and the gold costs are within the ball park of the ones that require fractal relics.

• Stat+5/AR+9 infusions (the basic ones) cost 80-120 gold worth of mats. But: they also cost fractal relics.
  • The polyluminescent infusions are available on the TP for 60-160 gold (downside: they change your toon's color substantially)
  • Ghostly infusions are on the TP for 90-150 gold (downside: noticeable blueish-indigoish drops falling in the air around your toon)

@"Blocki.4931" said:World vs World has them as well and they are very cheap at 5 Laurels and 125 badges of honor each.

"Cheap" he says! 5 laurels per infusion - 18 Infusion slots per character. That's 90 laurels per toon. I have 35 toons, and about 200 laurels.

@"Biff.5312" said:"Cheap" he says! 5 laurels per infusion - 18 Infusion slots per character. That's 90 laurels per toon. I have 35 toons, and about 200 laurels.

The infusions (and the ascended gear into which they are slotted) can be shared among toons.

Since 90 laurels are valued at under 90 gold and the TP (or fractal-crafted) versions cost 100g each, then yes, that's "cheap" or at least substantially cheaper.

@Biff.5312 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:World vs World has them as well and they are very cheap at 5 Laurels and 125 badges of honor each.

"Cheap" he says! 5 laurels per infusion - 18 Infusion slots per character. That's 90 laurels per toon. I have 35 toons, and about 200 laurels.

Laurels are free, it just takes two months for a full set

@"Blocki.4931" said:Laurels are free, it just takes two months for a full set

That ignores the opportunity costs of using the laurels for this purpose, instead of all the other uses they have. Laurels, unlike gold, are a non-renewable resource. That is: we cannot choose to earn them any faster than 40/month (and some of us prefer to earn them at 20/month because we have other plans for the chest of Loyalty).

They are relatively "cheap," but I think it's misleading to refer to them as "free."

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

That ignores the opportunity costs of using the laurels for this purpose, instead of all the other uses they have. Laurels, unlike gold, are a non-renewable resource. That is: we cannot choose to earn them any faster than 40/month (and some of us prefer to earn them at 20/month because we have other plans for the chest of Loyalty).

They are relatively "cheap," but I think it's misleading to refer to them as "free."

They are free tho all you have to do is login and you have them, if you want to get +5 stat infusions with a renewable resource go play fractals and upgrade the +1s

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

As mentioned by IWN, if you are out for pure stats, the WvW ones for 5 laurels+125 badges are the cheapest to get (and for the love of god, please don't skimp out on the 125 badges and get the +4 versions. Badges of Honor are a dime a dozen, make those laurels count).

The downside is they are useless in fractal content (but actually useful in raids). The upsode is they come with unique effects like +1% of -1% to guard damage.

The specialized infusions come with a unique aura effect at an increased price.

@Linken.6345 said:

They are free tho all you have to do is login and you have them, if you want to get +5 stat infusions with a renewable resource go play fractals and upgrade the +1s

Let's assume you have 90 laurels and I have 90 laurels.

You buy a full set of WvW infusions.

I convert my 90 laurels into gold at approximately 1 gold per laurel (check gw2efficiency for current value of laurels).

You have a full set of WvW infusions, I am 90 gold richer. That's opportunity cost.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

As mentioned by IWN, if you are out for pure stats, the WvW ones for 5 laurels+125 badges are the cheapest to get (and for the love of god, please don't skimp out on the 125 badges and get the +4 versions. Badges of Honor are a dime a dozen, make those laurels count).

The downside is they are useless in fractal content (but actually useful in raids). The upsode is they come with unique effects like +1% of -1% to guard damage.

I convert my 90 laurels into gold at approximately 1 gold per laurel (check gw2efficiency for current value of laurels).

You have a full set of WvW infusions, I am 90 gold richer. That's opportunity cost.

That wasent my point tho mate, the one I quoted complained that laurels wasent a renewable resource so you shouldent have to spend it on stat infusions.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

That wasent my point tho mate, the one I quoted complained that laurels wasent a renewable resource so you shouldent have to spend it on stat infusions.

I think you misunderstood IWN.

What IWN was trying to say is that Laurels have a cost associated to them on top of the fact that they are non-farm-able. They hold value in both conversion cost as well as scarcity. Considering them "free" or without cost is bad resource management even if their acquisition requires near no effort.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

What IWN was trying to say is that Laurels have a cost associated to them on top of the fact that they are non-farm-able. They hold value in both conversion cost as well as scarcity. Considering them "free" or without cost is bad resource management even if their acquisition requires near no effort.

I would agree if there was anything useful to do with them. The only thing worth considering are material bags because those have at least some value.

There is nothing else worthwhile to get with them, simple as that. If you are already at the point where you think about stat infusions you have finished your ascended armor, you have finished your ascended trinkets. You're not going to spend laurels on anything else.

Currency only holds as much power as the things you can get with them. Once trinkets are out of the way that buying power drops extremely

@Blocki.4931 said:I would agree if there was anything useful to do with them. The only thing worth considering are material bags because those have at least some value.

First, it doesn't matter if there is anything else useful to do with them. You can convert them to gold, which means they have value. Second, in fact, there are other things that people can purchase with laurels that might be important to them, including ascended recipes, special boosters, and things like trinkets with harrier's stats. Those might not be things on your radar, of course, but that doesn't mean that we should generically advise people to ignore laurels. In particular, newer players will run low on laurels.

As it turns out, even considering such costs, the WvW infusions are a very good choice if you don't fractal.

The point is that laurels (a) can't be replenished on demand and (b) have an associated value. They might not cost us anything to obtain, but neither can we replace them if we run out. That value is therefore worth considering when making decisions about what resources to use.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I suppose you can look at it that way, but it doesn't change the fact that it means I have to save for a long long time to complete my requirements. If I decide to buy infusions for one toon, it means waiting to do so for another. So it's not 'cheap' in my estimation because the cost is dear.

@Biff.5312 said:

I suppose you can look at it that way, but it doesn't change the fact that it means I have to save for a long long time to complete my requirements. If I decide to buy infusions for one toon, it means waiting to do so for another. So it's not 'cheap' in my estimation because the cost is dear.

Luckily infusions are for ascended gear, which is account and not character bound. Though that obviously doesn't mean anything for different armor type or stat combination neededI understand the issue now though, so I feel a bit bad for making it sound a little harsh perhaps

Archived