Can we expect real and significant improvements to Power Revenant?

Scar.1793

I have stopped playing since the beginning of the year 2018. Been waiting forever to see if the developers would actually improve the state of Power Revenant with all this condition meta that went on and on and on for years. Seeing some classes got a good treatment like the warrior, I was hoping we'd get something at the end of the road.

It's been a bit more than 6 months and still I don't see any improvements on Power Revenant. Renegade skills are still bad and most of the time unreliable, and power specs can barely break 30k. Meanwhile classes like Mesmer can do at the very least 35k condi or power spec, with group support skills/effects and a lot of utility.

More than 6 months and still no real changes, besides new underwater skills with tridents... yay.

It's really sad cause I want to get back into the game, but in terms of development the balance work is so bad. Which is literally the only thing that made me quit because I want to play Rev and feel useful at high level and be on equal footing with most of other classes. As I know balancing classes can be a nightmare and very difficult, still it doesn't excuse the awful state of things before and now, and no doubt in the future. Since it seems we only get real changes when expansions are released, especially with new elite specs to incite people to buy the expansions in order to be decent with their classes (minor a few cases).

Even if they buff the damage of power builds the class gameplay feels way worse than a year ago, now that quickness faded from Shiro, vuln procs were nerfed, etc. Not only the main PvP build feels weak, but the class variety is utterly absent: no tank builds, no bruiser builds, no condi builds (neither as dps or tank) and as a +1 roamer is way below thieves and mesmers.

When we get a new expac most likely. Renegade was aimed at Condi builds from the get-go.

Also, we are far from a Condi meta (you starred benchmarks so clearly were talking pve). Weaver, holosmith, theif/deadeye, Dragonhunter, chronomancer, spellbreaker, and core warrior would say otherwise.

What's so wrong with Condi anyways?

@Ertrak.9506 said:When we get a new expac most likely. Renegade was aimed at Condi builds from the get-go.

Also, we are far from a Condi meta (you starred benchmarks so clearly were talking pve). Weaver, holosmith, theif/deadeye, Dragonhunter, chronomancer, spellbreaker, and core warrior would say otherwise.

What's wrong with condi ? It's cheesy and most of the time easier to play with a clear difference in the risks/rewards department. Also, sadly in this game, 50% of your skills are tied to a weapon. So if you like a weapon style or even the skills of a weapon, but can't use it because it's not viable, I believe there's a problem here.

Do you know why games such as The Elder Scrolls series are extremely popular ? Simply because they allow you to play literally anything you want without feeling like your character is at the Stone Age because you didn't choose the most powerful gear/talents.

@Scar.1793 said:

@"Ertrak.9506" said:When we get a new expac most likely. Renegade was aimed at Condi builds from the get-go.

What's wrong with condi ? It's cheesy and most of the time easier to play with a clear difference in the risks/rewards department. Also, sadly in this game, 50% of your skills are tied to a weapon. So if you like a weapon style or even the skills of a weapon, but can't use it because it's not viable, I believe there's a problem here.

Do you know why games such as The Elder Scrolls series are extremely popular ? Simply because they allow you to play literally anything you want without feeling like your character is at the Stone Age because you didn't choose the most powerful gear/talents.

I am taking about rev only here, i don't know other classes nearly as well.

I won't argue against Condi being easier for other classes, but (again, since this is a pve thread) if you seriously played Condi rev literally at it is far harder to pull off optimally than power rev ever will be.

Invocation Condi renegade requires serious energy management and adjustments fur downtime in quickness and alacrity that can throw off the entire rotation or lead to massive drops in dps by failing to proc charged mists.

It also requires correct positioning to made sure yore either inside the target hitbox or far enough away to land 7shot.

Comparing this to optimal power renegade (as its the highest per build) that revolves around auto attacking and upkeep skills, with the occasional sw4 and citadel bombardment thrown in.

I'm not saying power rev can't be interesting and good in the future but it require a new elite spec for that to happen. Power rev as it stands is where it deserves to be (31k) based on the other things it provides (life siphon, aura, and might/ alacrity for a 1k dps loss) and 3 button rotation.

Saying Condi rev is "easy" or "cheese" is far from the truth.

P.S. go play ESO then if you're really that against the gw2 combat system.

@Scar.1793 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:When we get a new expac most likely. Renegade was aimed at Condi builds from the get-go.

How are condi builds easier to play? Beside scourge and mirage in sPvP, there are no viable condi builds, at all. In PvE, for heavy classes, FB is more complex than guardian. Berserker is more complex than SB. Renegade is more complex than herald. Contrary to the belive, complexity and performance are not correlated anyway. This is not true, and even if it is, it means nothing.

As for power herald, the devs are still using the stupid methodology of let’s do itsy, bitsy , tiny buff every once in a while. At least it worked for power warrior (after like 20 patches since HoT start) so not all hope is lost. Though the devs giving themselves 3 month break after making underwater changes (that no one asked for and did not make any difference) is really nice.

@Ertrak.9506 said:Invocation Condi renegade requires serious energy management and adjustments fur downtime in quickness and alacrity that can throw off the entire rotation or lead to massive drops in dps by failing to proc charged mists.

Bolded the Freudian slip?

Anyway, to answer several of the questions in this thread:

(1): No, we cannot expect a buff to power damage anytime soon. As far as we can tell, power rev is completely off the radar.

(2):It's worse than you'd think. Doing no food rotations under realistic buffs, I can barely pull 26k DPS in power. Herald or Renegade, both cap out at that range. If power rev could comfortably do 30k DPS without having to rely on bizarre tricks or counter-intuitive rotations, we really wouldn't have much to complain about. But... we can't. All of the high DPS power builds are some strange amalgam of citadel bombardment spam, and just hope the enemy is big enough to take all of the missiles.

(3): The problem with condi rev is the ramp up. In raids, this isn't as much of an issue. Everywhere else, though, the time it takes for all the condis to tick and be applied can really eat away at our DPS. Even at 26k DPS, a power herald is still preferable to a condi rev for the vast majority of fractals, simply because of ramp up..

Archived