Next elite spec- Arcane Warrior

NorthernMoose.9617

with basically all the the melee weapons already used barring any new weapons being introduced, it really leaves the more magical weapons(scepter, staff, focus) left as an untouched potential(other than pistol & SB). What do you thing would be a good magical themed elite spec for the warrior? (mechanic/weapon/utilities)

@NorthernMoose.9617 said:I'm thinking something like a Battle mage with a staff for AoEs. Utilities could be maybe spirit weapons. or I guess glyphs or mantras, with adrenaline use for some sort of arcane burst.

Seems to guardian-like. Maybe dual pistol gun slinger and an espec that would buff their pistols and the rifle. An engi kind of feel but without the toolkits, just raw firepower.

I feel like the whole point of elite specs should be to mix the classes with each other. Dual pistol gunslinger would just feel like mixing warrior and thief. I want something akin to a warrior mixed with a elementalist kind of. Guardian to me is more defense and damage mitigation. where as i want something more magical offensive .

@NorthernMoose.9617 said:I feel like the whole point of elite specs should be to mix the classes with each other. Dual pistol gunslinger would just feel like mixing warrior and thief. I want something akin to a warrior mixed with a elementalist kind of. Guardian to me is more defense and damage mitigation. where as i want something more magical offensive .

Warrior already has something mixed with elementalist. It's called Berserker. Throwing firebolts and stuff.

@NorthernMoose.9617 said:with basically all the the melee weapons already used barring any new weapons being introduced, it really leaves the more magical weapons(scepter, staff, focus) left as an untouched potential(other than pistol & SB).

I wouldn't say that staff is pure magical weapon in this game - Daredevil. I can think of over 9000 ways Anet could introduce staff as a new elite spec weapon for warrior.- Staff to fight melee monk alike (I know monks in gw were supports, not shaolin like monks but we don't have to repeat everything over and over and they could bring something new)- Staff as ranged weapon where your auto attack is a powerful swing that releases a wave of air towards your target (I know that, it sounds meh but make some mechanics around this and it could be cool and more importantly something new instead of copy/paste from other classes. With spellbreaker we didnt even get new animations)- Staff as something like command tool you could use to order your minions (if Anet decides to bring elite spec based on minions. Ele has minions, guradian has minions, reve has kind of minions with renegade, mesmer has mionions, necro has minions, ranger has minions, thief has thief guild skill if I remember correctly, engi has minions. So yeah I would be happy to have elite spec for warrior based on minions.- Staff used as spear. When in combat the tip of your staff could be covered with magical blade so it would make it a spear. Impossible? No! While Necro is using staff skills there is a magical blade on the staff making it a scythe. http://i.imgur.com/lXj6uHF.jpg Warrior in this game is using magic (full counter, Winds of Disenchantment etc) so why not?

Lets keep in mind that Anet probably has new elite specs concepts ready for a long time now so even if we bring something interesting it doesn't really matter :D

give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb ?

@NorthernMoose.9617 said:with basically all the the melee weapons already used barring any new weapons being introduced, it really leaves the more magical weapons(scepter, staff, focus) left as an untouched potential(other than pistol & SB). What do you thing would be a good magical themed elite spec for the warrior? (mechanic/weapon/utilities)

@NorthernMoose.9617 said:I'm thinking something like a Battle mage with a staff for AoEs. Utilities could be maybe spirit weapons. or I guess glyphs or mantras, with adrenaline use for some sort of arcane burst.

Funny you ask for this.

It just so happen i have a personnal take for it:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/34937/elite-suggestion-weapon-mage#latest

(From a former gw1 player who played warrior and enjoyed splinter weapon).

Not sure about balance, i didn't find something nice for the elite, neither did i found a name and on second thought, the spec mechanic should be reworked. Still, i do not dislike it.

@"RedShark.9548" said:give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb ?

Annnddd, Anet already has something started for a magical great axe...sorta...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Executioner_Axe_Toy

It could be fun.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb ?

Annnddd, Anet already has something started for a magical great axe...sorta...

It could be fun.

yea but that is old as hell and not very likely to be a hint for what is coming

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb ?

Annnddd, Anet already has something started for a magical great axe...sorta...

It could be fun.

yea but that is old as hell and not very likely to be a hint for what is coming

I know it's not a hint, but it still could be fun and it's just an idea for how they could do a magical greataxe.

Personally I want staff as a weapon with an adrenal scythe blade (similar to necro staff) that is used for mid range AoE cleave attacks similar to dervishes in gw1.Its class mechanic should be something that buffs allies and be somewhat supportish to fill the last missing e spec role.

Its class mechanic should be something that buffs allies and be somewhat supportish to fill the last missing e spec role.

The thing is berserker and spellbreaker are supports in the end. Bringing banners, boon stripping and a bit of dps. Personalny would love to see pure dps spec.

@Grave.9258 said:

Its class mechanic should be something that buffs allies and be somewhat supportish to fill the last missing e spec role.

The thing is berserker and spellbreaker are supports in the end. Bringing banners, boon stripping and a bit of dps. Personalny would love to see pure dps spec.

Hate to break it to you, but Warrior will always be bringing banners and Empower Allies in organized PvE content. Granting +270 Power and +170 Condi/Prec/Fero to the entire squad is always gonna be more useful than a personal DPS increases.

Berserker and Spellbreaker both have DPS builds for high-end PvE content that push out quite a lot of DPS (In fact, in the current state they're technically the best in a vacuum, with Berserker DPS hitting 41k on Large hitboxes and Spellbreaker DPS hitting 36k on small hitboxes). It's just that despite this fact, it's much more valuable to bring Banners + Empower Allies over the personal increase in DPS (Bannerslave still manages a respectable 30k).

The Supportive portions are integral to Core Warrior, and no Elite Spec is really going to change that to any greater extent unless the Support of a Core Warrior is nerfed down.

@Traveller.7496 said:Staff as an AoE weapon for warrior could work nicely.

New elementalist????

Game is so overburdened with aoe spambility, how would aoe warrior staff work? Since they will add more necro aoe spam that will need to be stronger to players have the feel and need to want to next gimmick.

@"Lord Krilik.3692" said:I want off-hand pistol, a-la original Rytlock

Imo this makes more sense, like a Gunslinger, desesperado would be the elite a mass "close" 320 range aoe burst that would even destroy projectiles with X% damage boost based on vit and power xDPlayer atacking Gunlinger at melee while casting desesperado and if he has stability, would be KB and suffer a extra 100% critical hit.Kits would be interesting , one would be to swap ammo type, piercing, explosive, etc, simimliar to ranger preparations on Gw1.

• 1 month later...

Archived