Lvl 80 Boost Gear for 80?

Hello, new player here. I leveled a character to 80 so I'd learn how all the mechanics in the game worked.

The stuff I read online suggests if you use a lvl 80 boost on a lvl 80 you get the gear that comes with it and bunch of handy consumables. But when I trigger the level 80 boost it doesn't list any kind of bag of gear or equipment in the stuff you get. Did they remove that?

@technospice.9501 said:Hello, new player here. I leveled a character to 80 so I'd learn how all the mechanics in the game worked.

The stuff I read online suggests if you use a lvl 80 boost on a lvl 80 you get the gear that comes with it and bunch of handy consumables. But when I trigger the level 80 boost it doesn't list any kind of bag of gear or equipment in the stuff you get. Did they remove that?

You have to consume/use the boost to actually receive the items e.g. extra bags, food etc but you can see the gear in your hero panel as it is auto equipped. Also, as @Maximus Delion.8719 mentioned, it is in your inventory once you commit the boost. Have fun!!

Bear in mind you can get equally good gear from lots of other places. Equipment in GW2 is pretty straight forward - all items with the same level requirement and rarity are equally good. So any level 80 exotics you get will be as good as the boost equipment, and if you get it from somewhere else you can choose the stats and save your boost.

That's not to say you can't use it, just bear in mind it may not be the best option for you.

Some of the easiest ways to get level 80 exotics are to buy them from the Trading Post with gold (use the advanced search options to find the right ones rather than searching for 'beserkers' or whatever - you'll get cheaper options that way), buy them from the Temples in Orr with karma, buy them from WvW merchants with badges of honour or (if you have the materials and the right level) craft them.

Archived