Living Wold Bundle Pricing

Erias.1035

Hi there!As I came back playing GW2 just a few weeks ago, I've only unlocked chapters 5 & 6 of LW season 3. Pre-PoF (and therefore before chapter 6 was added to the bundle in the gemstore) the price for the bundle was 512 gems, now with the inclusion of chapter 6 it's 640 gems - even though now it doesn't offer anything additional to me. Actually, I get punished for farming gold too slowly. By any chance, is it possible to get the bundle for the 'old' price as there was no statement that the bundle would become more expensive? Maybe a support ticket?

Also, as you can see in this reddit post, there seems to be some discrepancy in LW season 2 pricing. Any words on that? For me, the LW season 2 bundle is 20% off, therefore reducing the price from 1600 gems to 1280. This is the normal bundle offer and most likely to stay this way, isn't it?

Are you sure that LS3 wasn't discounted pre-PoF launch? My memory is that it was.

I don't think it's really fair to argue that you're "punished" for farming gold too slowly, since that's the nature of temporary discounts: those that can afford them while available can take advantage of the discount. It's like saying, "I was punished for not buying gasoline before a hurricane hit one of the major refining centers in the US."

If it really was discounted, no hard feelings. Somehow I thought it wasn't, my fault then. :/Yet, there is no in-game information for how long offers apply/returning items will stay. I don't know weather ArenaNet wants this to be like this, but adding one line of text like On sale until September 22 doesn't seem to be much work, yet it would be a huge QoL-improvement imho.

That's an interesting point you make.

A dynamic pricing for those that have certain parts unlocked wouldn't be a bad idea though, since they wouldn't have to pay for content they already have. Feels bad for those that missed out on like a single chapter or something, because real life prevented them from accessing the game for a time.

If it is dynamic pricing, than never mind (I can't tell as I have all the content unlocked and can't see it myself), if it's not, it feels punishing and I will probably never be able to play the game with my g/f outside of the actual expansions, since she is only missing few chapters per season, but not the entire LS and I can't in good spirit ask her to buy it, nor will I be willing to spend money on content where I would be actively overpaying 4 to 5 times for.

I could not find anything indicating a discount for Season 3 Complete Pack. The 640 Gem price would be the dynamic price for 4 unlocked episodes, either before or after Path of Fire launched. (200 Gems each or 20% bought in a bundle.) Are you sure you saw it listed for 512 Gems?
There was a sale on the Season 2 Complete Pack back in August, I believe.

what op and the rest need to understand is this . that is with living story 2 or 3 . it all depends on if you not done all of living story 2. that whole pack runs about 2000 gems . but if you got some of it unlocked it be more cheaper . my one account I done some of living story 2 but not all of it and for me only cost me 500 gems to unlock them on my one account. which I just did my normal farming to get them . now on the other had I not unlocked living story for my other account this it cost me 2000 gems . which I get them with my farming ways no big deals for me their . living story 3 how ever I got like 2 chapters I need to buy at 200 gems each 600 all together . so that is not a problem for me with farming the way I do it . and they just did have one of the packs on sale on the tp and it been cheaper if you had some unlocked versus not having any unlocked at all and the chapters run 200 gems each good luck

It's dynamic pricing. For LWS2, the price is reduced by 12.5% per chapter unlocked. Also, I haven't seen anything around the web that LWS3 was offered at any time. And yes, I'm pretty sure the offer was 512 gems - I remember this because of the odd number. It took me some research, but I may know what happened here. As they added the 6th chapter, the price went from 800 gems to 960. Yet, the benefit remained about the same: 800 -> 512 (~33% off) and 960 -> 640 (33% off).

@Erias.1035 said:It's dynamic pricing. For LWS2, the price is reduced by 12.5% per chapter unlocked. Also, I haven't seen anything around the web that LWS3 was offered at any time. And yes, I'm pretty sure the offer was 512 gems - I remember this because of the odd number. It took me some research, but I may know what happened here. As they added the 6th chapter, the price went from 800 gems to 960. Yet, the benefit remained about the same: 800 -> 512 (~33% off) and 960 -> 640 (33% off).

OP was said they already owned 3.5 & logged on during 3.6, so they didn't expect the price to change at all when PoF launched. The numbers from @Erias.1035 suggests that OP was seeing the pricing for 5 and then 6 episodes, without it being prorated based on having 3.5 or 3.6 unlocked. If true, my guess is that they'd end up seeing a cheaper price when they actually paid gems. (I can't test that theory because I don't have access to an account that's missing any LS3 episodes.)

If you saw 512, it was probably a bug. The season 3 pack was initially 800 gems for the 5 episodes, which is their standard 20% discount on the packs of 160 gems per episode. It should have been 640 for 4. To be 512, it would have needed another 20% off on top for a 36% off sale, but the only sale they've had since the pack was released was season 2 for 30% off.

As for the different sales people are seeing, it's because ArenaNet's calculating it based on the total price at 200 gems per episode for all the episodes and then comparing it to the dynamically adjusted price for you.

Archived