Thank you Anet.

Roquen.5406

I just wanted to thank you for this matchmaking, you sure know how to make your player-base feel great. Pvp feels so rewarding and fun right now and not demoralizing at all. About 3-4 of those games had players that afk'd at some point, whether 20 seconds into the game or 3-4 minutes. One we were even winning and then out of nowhere the a guard yells at the team and goes afk for the rest of the match (probably upwards of 6 min afk). The -0 is because an ele on our team rage quit in the middle of the match after saying nothing all game.

xTSFpFO.jpg44Mk827.jpg

That's why I stopped playing PvP (I loved it so much, but the frustration of it was too overwhelming). As long as I get put up with kittens every 4 out of 5 matches, who either troll, rage, or have no clue whatsoever how to play the map, this is a waste of time (and nerves).

We need a second, permanent rank (one that does have no rank decay and does not reset each season) which termines a player's experience (for experienced players are usually more reliable and don't act up like angry little teens).

This continues throughout the season for me and usually every season. Last season I had swings 1600-1650 all the way down to 1300. Then I'd dredge back up to 1600 ish and then back down...happened three times I think? Until I finally gave up because I'm tired of this. I even experienced like a 15+ losing streak at one point I believe, might have been more...didn't believe people when they said that happened to them.

I really enjoy the gameplay but that's where the fun stops...Anet seems to have a good base here but everything else is out of whack.

Is this a thank you thread?

Ok here's my list:

• thanks for reworking deadeye. after a little discussion i found it to be really f-ing awesome for my play tastes
  • thanks for redmodeling the Free For All Arena (FFA)
  • thanks for adding the FFA at all
  • thanks for nerfing chrono
  • thanks for the future upcoming condi-thief and burn guardian nerfs

@Roquen.5406 said:I just wanted to thank you for this matchmaking, you sure know how to make your player-base feel great. Pvp feels so rewarding and fun right now and not demoralizing at all. About 3-4 of those games had players that afk'd at some point, whether 20 seconds into the game or 3-4 minutes. One we were even winning and then out of nowhere the a guard yells at the team and goes afk for the rest of the match (probably upwards of 6 min afk). The -0 is because an ele on our team rage quit in the middle of the match after saying nothing all game.

Hey you're that super toxic player who trash talks his team every game. Looks to me like you're the problem not the matchmaker nice to see that my in game experience with you lined up perfectly with what I expected your W/L ratio to look like.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Is this a thank you thread?

Ok here's my list:

• thanks for reworking deadeye. after a little discussion i found it to be really f-ing awesome for my play tastes
  • thanks for redmodeling the Free For All Arena (FFA)
  • thanks for adding the FFA at all
  • thanks for nerfing chrono
  • thanks for the future upcoming condi-thief and burn guardian nerfs

Wait. Burn Guardian? That's still a Thing?

@Nighthawk.4687 said:

Hey you're that super toxic player who trash talks his team every game. Looks to me like you're the problem not the matchmaker nice to see that my in game experience with you lined up perfectly with what I expected your W/L ratio to look like.

Except that's not true. Most matches I don't say much and if I do it's trying to get people to not tunnel, to focus targets and rotate. There are times when I tilt because matchmaking can be atrocious. But I hope that you never experience such a loss streak because it's not fun.

Archived