Tangled Depths meta - Multiple bugs

There are two bugs right now with the TD meta. One is quite small: the Gerent in Scar Lane will frequently need to "resurface" twice, unlike the other lanes, and it does this every time.

The other involves mounts. If you travel back to your group whilst they are fighting the Gerent (in any lane), and you do so at high speed on your mount... the game completely loses any sense of where the toxic Chak pools are located. You will often simply die after rejoining the group, no matter where you stand.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:The other involves mounts. If you travel back to your group whilst they are fighting the Gerent (in any lane), and you do so at high speed on your mount... the game completely loses any sense of where the toxic Chak pools are located. You will often simply die after rejoining the group, no matter where you stand.

You mean, the visual effects and the damaging effects are not in sync when you return, but only if you do it with a mount rather than, eg, running normally?

(I ask, because I'm a little confused, so I imagine anet might also be, and this sounds like a bug worth getting fixed.)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:The other involves mounts. If you travel back to your group whilst they are fighting the Gerent (in any lane), and you do so at high speed on your mount... the game completely loses any sense of where the toxic Chak pools are located. You will often simply die after rejoining the group, no matter where you stand.

You mean, the visual effects and the damaging effects are not in sync when you return, but only if you do it with a mount rather than, eg, running normally?

(I ask, because I'm a little confused, so I imagine anet might also be, and this sounds like a bug worth getting fixed.)

Yes, that's exactly right, they're out of sync and the location is totally messed up.

I'm sure it's to do with mounts, because if you run halfway with your mount, and then cautiously run on foot the rest of the way, you can usually avoid the problem. But sometimes, even this isn't enough, and I run straight to my death into an invisible mess of damage.

re: mounts running into mislocated pheremone pools:i haven't had this issue so i can't say for sure what you're seeing, but beware that as the purple acid expands outwards it's texture kind of just..stretches, making the purple very faint when it approaches max size (where it is also at it's deadliest and hits for over 20k per tick). it can be very easy to accidentally run into cus it gets very hard to see it (i do that myself lmao).

just tossing another possibility in the air, but perhaps lag - running counters lag cus stuff can load slower, and especially when 20+ people are putting all their dps into something those flashy effects cause massive fps drop. connection lag caused by slow internet may also be a possibility, both can cause a mismatch between what is happening on screen and what the server sees.

i do TD meta nearly everyday, and though ive seen gerent resurface twice (though it's unpredictable and doesn't impact anything), i've never seen the issue with mounts (or running for that matter), so i have to wonder what differs between us.

@Lexi.1398 said:re: mounts running into mislocated pheremone pools:i haven't had this issue so i can't say for sure what you're seeing, but beware that as the purple acid expands outwards it's texture kind of just..stretches, making the purple very faint when it approaches max size (where it is also at it's deadliest and hits for over 20k per tick). it can be very easy to accidentally run into cus it gets very hard to see it (i do that myself lmao).

just tossing another possibility in the air, but perhaps lag - running counters lag cus stuff can load slower, and especially when 20+ people are putting all their dps into something those flashy effects cause massive fps drop. connection lag caused by slow internet may also be a possibility, both can cause a mismatch between what is happening on screen and what the server sees.

i do TD meta nearly everyday, and though ive seen gerent resurface twice (though it's unpredictable and doesn't impact anything), i've never seen the issue with mounts (or running for that matter), so i have to wonder what differs between us.

Hey. I know very well what the acid looks like as it stretches, as I also do this meta daily, multiple times. However this is definitely not what is happening, because the acid in these instances is absolutely nowhere near my character. I don't have any footage to show you right now, but I can assure you, it's not a case of me being caught off-guard by the expanding acid.

Lag is... perhaps a possible explanation. But I have ARC, which also tells me my current ping, and it is always at least below 100ms whilst I'm doing the meta. I am interested to see if this is a problem exclusive to me, however.

So, while i was doing meta today i did actually encounter the bug with mounts. That said, i still can't reliably reproduce it, and even in this instance today - only one time of multiple run backs to the gerent fight did it happen.

Ping was average (around 120), fps was average (20-25) for meta too, and being as i ran back alone i can't make many observations about it.The ring did seem to have only just been placed and was still very small as i ran near it and got killed a decent distance away- think about the distance from the centre of the ring to the fully expanded outer edge of the ring, only ofc, it wasn't fully expanded.

Archived