need answer from anet

hi,

i want a title very bad. its called: leave no hero behind.but the problem is, no skill.

my question is, is it forbidden to buy a boost with mystic coins so i get the title?i dont want a ban so i want an answer from anet :)

thanks in advance

Paying in-game currency or items for in-game services is completely allowed, but not supported. That means if you pay first and don't get what you want, ANet won't help you.

There's also the issue that no one can be defeated to get the achievement, but I'd guess (not having played it myself) that a good team could do it with one player staying safely out of harms way.

The title Leave's No Hero Behind comes from completing the Shattered Observatory Fractal challenge mode without anyone in the party dying. I think the OP is asking if they're allowed to pay someone in Mystic Coins to be carried through the Fractal and get the achievement.

In which case the answer is yes, you can do that, but Anet won't help you if you get scammed. If they take your coins and then block you and log out you can't contact Support to get them back. So if you're considering this you need to make sure it's someone you trust.

@Danikat.8537 said:The title Leave's No Hero Behind comes from completing the Shattered Observatory Fractal challenge mode without anyone in the party dying. I think the OP is asking if they're allowed to pay someone in Mystic Coins to be carried through the Fractal and get the achievement.

In which case the answer is yes, you can do that, but Anet won't help you if you get scammed. If they take your coins and then block you and log out you can't contact Support to get them back. So if you're considering this you need to make sure it's someone you trust.

Correct, but they WILL go after the other party. Scamming someone, while not recoverable, still can result in suspensions or bans.

So, IF you get scammed, save the logs and contact support. YOU won't get help, but the scammer might get punished.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:You can't pay someone to play on your account and get it but you can buy the title from LFG sellers (who will 4-man the instance while you wait). The second option is allowed.

thats what i said, pay with mystic coins. i will never let someone else play on my account. also not my brother or friends.

oke i know enough, didnt know about scams so i will search another title. ppl can always trust me but i didnt think about what others do so i dont buy a boost for now. maybe guildys can help me in future.

thnx for help :+1:

@Vavume.8065 said:I don't understand why anyone would wear a title that they didn't earn legitimately.

A lot of people don't care where titles come from, just how they sound, they pick one which fits the character or simply looks cool to them rather than to show they earned it. (Why do you think Killer Queen is so popular? I doubt anyone using it expects other players to be impressed that they participated in a Karka Queen fight.)

I don't have any titles I haven't earned but I do use them on characters who haven't earned them. My revenant has never been to WvW but wears Mist Treader, my asuran engineer has never done Fractals but uses Professor and I often use Avenger of the Dispossessed on new characters who never did Season 1.

Besides which common practice for achievements which require doing things without dying is to get someone else to help. When I was doing Swampland Fractal for my Dreamer III collection one guy who joined the group didn't help at all with the first part because he spent the entire time we were opening the gates walking slowly and carefully to the exit so he could get the achievement for avoiding the traps. He told us when he joined he was doing that, so it was fine. If the OP had simply asked their guild or some friends for help, without offering to pay them for their help, would that count as not earning it legitimately?

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:I don't understand why anyone would wear a title that they didn't earn legitimately.

A lot of people don't care where titles come from, just how they sound, they pick one which fits the character or simply looks cool to them rather than to show they earned it. (Why do you think Killer Queen is so popular? I doubt anyone using it expects other players to be impressed that they participated in a Karka Queen fight.)

I don't have any titles I haven't earned but I do use them on characters who haven't earned them. My revenant has never been to WvW but wears Mist Treader, my asuran engineer has never done Fractals but uses Professor and I often use Avenger of the Dispossessed on new characters who never did Season 1.

Besides which common practice for achievements which require doing things without dying is to get someone else to help. When I was doing Swampland Fractal for my Dreamer III collection one guy who joined the group didn't help at all with the first part because he spent the entire time we were opening the gates walking slowly and carefully to the exit so he could get the achievement for avoiding the traps. He told us when he joined he was doing that, so it was fine. If the OP had simply asked their guild or some friends for help, without offering to pay them for their help, would that count as not earning it legitimately?

you understand me :) i dont care where a title come from. but i play often a healer class, druid or ele so it would be perfect to have a title like, leave no hero behind. because when ppl are downed and i am close to them i ress them. and i heal my team or group. now i have combat healer but the one i want would be nice to have.

there are not many titles i like. the raiding ones i dont care. and many more. :)

Archived