Any future plans to do something with the Miniatures?

Any future plans to do something with the Miniatures? I would really like something new added to this feature beside more skins. Maybe a battle system, or team missions for them to do with their own unique stats and abilities for the team.there are many ideas out there I am sure. But I would like more of a reason to care about collecting them. Right now, most are so small they are hard to see the little details that make them unique from one another.

I want them to add collections for them again! There is no reason to actually get them other then to show them off, and all of those ”human minis” are so boring and no one actually cares about them.

Now if we got Living Story season 3, 4, HoT and PoF collections contaning them all, that would indeed add value for collecting them, probably make some of them more exclusive and more expensive, and add content for people to collect them. I just dont understand why Anet dont do this, its so easy, with weapons too, from LS!

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:I want them to add collections for them again! There is no reason to actually get them other then to show them off, and all of those ”human minis” are so boring and no one actually cares about them.

Now if we got Living Story season 3, 4, HoT and PoF collections contaning them all, that would indeed add value for collecting them, probably make some of them more exclusive and more expensive, and add content for people to collect them. I just dont understand why Anet dont do this, its so easy, with weapons too, from LS!

That junundu wurm needs to be excluded from any collection xD

@Dante.1763 said:

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:I want them to add collections for them again! There is no reason to actually get them other then to show them off, and all of those ”human minis” are so boring and no one actually cares about them.

That junundu wurm needs to be excluded from any collection xD

True dat, I mean common ones should be in the collections. Otherwise they could easily do like they did with like Collection 2 Miniatures, so u have to have like 47/51 to complete it.

I think ANet has its hands full in the game already. They can barely keep up with their own predicted pace for Living World + Expansions, Fractals + Raids, Side Stories, Mounts, Festivals, cosmetics, and "other" stuff. Adding a mini game that uses different mechanics and maintaining it so it continues to work and evolve...Well, they seem to have learned not to just spend energy on too many ideas only to drop them after 1-2 iterations.So I doubt that miniatures are ever going to be anything more than collectibles, for those who care about such things.

The only real change I want is for them to be able to catch up with us, make their running start same time as we do. It feels like a waste seeing my minis lag behind :disappointed:. And not joking here polymock can be expansion feature! Make it happen, when reaching lvl 42 give the player a toy egg with random mini inside so no one feels left out, make uninterested players want minis

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I think ANet has its hands full in the game already. They can barely keep up with their own predicted pace for Living World + Expansions, Fractals + Raids, Side Stories, Mounts, Festivals, cosmetics, and "other" stuff. Adding a mini game that uses different mechanics and maintaining it so it continues to work and evolve...Well, they seem to have learned not to just spend energy on too many ideas only to drop them after 1-2 iterations.So I doubt that miniatures are ever going to be anything more than collectibles, for those who care about such things.

Uhm, could you not? I had to stop reading due to how offensive that was. Guild Wars 2 is an amazing game and you are coming in here calling Anet incompetent basically and saying that they can not handle their own game? To me they are handling this game perfectly. Please do not speak for Anet in the future if you are going to insult them, sweetie.

@DijitalKiD.2154 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I think ANet has its hands full in the game already. They can barely keep up with their own predicted pace for Living World + Expansions, Fractals + Raids, Side Stories, Mounts, Festivals, cosmetics, and "other" stuff. Adding a mini game that uses different mechanics and maintaining it so it continues to work and evolve...Well, they seem to have learned not to just spend energy on too many ideas only to drop them after 1-2 iterations.So I doubt that miniatures are ever going to be anything more than collectibles, for those who care about such things.

Uhm, could you not? I had to stop reading due to how offensive that was. Guild Wars 2 is an amazing game and you are coming in here calling Anet incompetent basically and saying that they can not handle their own game? To me they are handling this game perfectly. Please do not speak for Anet in the future if you are going to insult them, sweetie.

In fact, I think they are doing an amazing job. They seem to have a good rhythm now, probably the best the game has had since launch.I think, though, that they are doing about as much as they can. Adding a huge new mini game seems unlikely.I'm not sure how that could be interpreted as "speaking for ANet." It's an opinion, not some moral judgment.

@DijitalKiD.2154 said:

I didn't see anything insulting in Illconceived's post. I saw honesty about how Anet has managed/is managing all of the things in the game, acknowledging the good and the bad.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:Are all minis tradeable?

Gem store ones are not tradeable, and some minis that have dropped from Black Lion Chests in the past have been account bound on acquire, as well. The rest, including the ones that come from the little mini eggs, are usually tradeable until you add them to the wardrobe.

Hmm, too bad.

I dont think that expanding functionality of minis is worthwhile until they are all tradeable.

Archived