Sigil/rune "eater"

In old forum. my suggestion was to make minor runes to be salvagable into something, or allow Permanent Black Lion Merchant contract( Personal Merchant Express ) to sell it with one button, like we can do with salvage kits.

Vendor button also cool idea.

Runes and sigils should just be destroyed along with the item they are in that you are salvaging, it should not be a 2 step process, if you actually want to keep a rune, which lets face it, its extremely rare these days, then you should have to use a black lion kit to remove it.

I don't play games to have to micro manage trash, the amount of time I've had to waste selling or deleting runes is beyond annoying at this point, runes and sigils need an overhaul ASAP.

@"CptAurellian.9537" said:Vendors already have the "Sell junk" button, so I'd just like another one "Sell green/yellow sigils/runes". Or just an option for salvage kits to turn off that trash.

Yeah, something similar to how the blacksmith works in D3 would be great.

@Sinful.2165 said:You can mystic forge 4 of them into a possibly good one. That’s sort of an eater. ;)

You are right of course, but anyone that is still doing that should just stop, as it is a waste of time, far better off doing something else that will give you more gold for your time, forging runes is like hobo level gaming.

@Vavume.8065 said:Runes and sigils should just be destroyed along with the item they are in that you are salvaging, it should not be a 2 step process, if you actually want to keep a rune, which lets face it, its extremely rare these days, then you should have to use a black lion kit to remove it.

They could make it that any salvage kit less than master/mystic level gives zero chance of salvaging upgrade components and that would be a QoL improvement. Really you only want to get rare or exotic level sigil/runes cause the time it takes to sell them is more than they are worth.

@eldrjth.7384 said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:Runes and sigils should just be destroyed along with the item they are in that you are salvaging, it should not be a 2 step process, if you actually want to keep a rune, which lets face it, its extremely rare these days, then you should have to use a black lion kit to remove it.

They could make it that any salvage kit less than master/mystic level gives zero chance of salvaging upgrade components and that would be a QoL improvement. Really you only want to get rare or exotic level sigil/runes cause the time it takes to sell them is more than they are worth.

For those of us who aren't annoyed by them, they are worth more to sell than the "time it takes to sell them". It adds literally a few seconds to the loot handling for me, while adding upwards of 10-20s per trip to the vendor. Salvage All > Deposit All > TP or salvage Exotics > Sell Junk > spam Sell button because now runes and sigils are the only thing left that can be vendored.

I'm all for a salvage option, as it's a conceptually simple (though I can see some technical/programming questions), permanent solution to the oversaturation. I don't see it as a serious problem, however.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:An eater would not be necessary as you can currently put them in the MF, sell on the TP, or just vendor them. This is much different than the current items that have an eater as you cannot do any of that with them.

Most of them can't be sold on the TP because nobody's buying, or because the listed price is below the minimum. But they stack in inventory if you get multiple copies of the same one, and they sell to merchants for some copper, even if it's not very much.

IMO we should have a junk bag, we can tag non-junk items as junk so.the junk bag has no limit but items can not be un-tagged and any rare or higher rank cannot be tagged, when you visit a merchant where you can sell all the items in it are sold automatically.

there, a way to get rid of minor runes really fast.

My suggestion is to allow each person to maintain a custom "junk list". You could right-click a certain item such as a minor rune and "Add item to junk list". You could also access your junk list to remove items you accidentally added to it. Then when at a merchant when you click the Sell Junk button, it would automatically sell anything from your inventory that was on your junk list. I like this idea because it allows people who don't want these items to quickly sell them, but doesn't force a solution on others who might want to keep them when using the Sell Junk button at the merchant.

@sorudo.9054 said:IMO we should have a junk bag, we can tag non-junk items as junk so.the junk bag has no limit but items can not be un-tagged and any rare or higher rank cannot be tagged, when you visit a merchant where you can sell all the items in it are sold automatically.

The fact that junk items take up bag space is kinda deliberate, I suspect, as it definitely is in many other games. The purpose is partly to prevent players just farming forever without having to return to sell stuff. (Not to mention the people who would flag everything as junk, for unlimited storage.)

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:My suggestion is to allow each person to maintain a custom "junk list". You could right-click a certain item such as a minor rune and "Add item to junk list". You could also access your junk list to remove items you accidentally added to it. Then when at a merchant when you click the Sell Junk button, it would automatically sell anything from your inventory that was on your junk list. I like this idea because it allows people who don't want these items to quickly sell them, but doesn't force a solution on others who might want to keep them when using the Sell Junk button at the merchant.

That is basically what the, sadly not permitted, addon discussed in another thread did: you could write rules about this, the simplest being "this item", and it would auto-sell them for you. It would be wonderful to have. I would <3 it so much.

This same feature was one of my favorites in WoW, Secret Life, and a couple other "addons are fine" games, too. So good. Especially because the definition of junk really does vary by person. eg, I'm sure some people would flag dragonite ore, or bloodstone dust, that way. I wouldn't.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:My suggestion is to allow each person to maintain a custom "junk list". You could right-click a certain item such as a minor rune and "Add item to junk list". You could also access your junk list to remove items you accidentally added to it. Then when at a merchant when you click the Sell Junk button, it would automatically sell anything from your inventory that was on your junk list. I like this idea because it allows people who don't want these items to quickly sell them, but doesn't force a solution on others who might want to keep them when using the Sell Junk button at the merchant.

That is basically what the, sadly not permitted, addon discussed in another thread did: you could write rules about this, the simplest being "this item", and it would auto-sell them for you. It would be wonderful to have. I would <3 it so much.

This same feature was one of my favorites in WoW, Secret Life, and a couple other "addons are fine" games, too. So good. Especially because the definition of junk really does vary by person. eg, I'm sure some people would flag dragonite ore, or bloodstone dust, that way. I wouldn't.

Agreed! Giving people flexibility and options is almost always a good thing. Would love to see the dev team put together something like this for a future update where we could define/manage our own list of items that would auto-sell with the "Sell Junk" button.

Archived