Dragon Hunter Suggestions

Kyraios.8954

Hey everyone,I started playing again a few months ago. A few of my friends got me back into GW2 and I’ve been obsessing over DH. After playing tons and tons of games and landing in gold 3 I have some feedback and changes for the class I’m hoping and would like to see. My reason beings are so:Dragon Hunter’s longbow is very weak, slow and clunkyTraps are easily dodgedDragon Hunter is very slow class considering it’s built for PvPDragon Hunter lacks decent traits

Here are the slight buffs/changes I would like to see:

1. Wings of Resolve- remove the trait "soaring devastation" and have it become “a weapon” by giving the intitial trait effect to f2 and replace it with a new trait such as:                  Increase the damage of Longbow abilities by 15%. True shot can be cast while moving    2. Spear of Justice- remove the trait “Big Game Hunter” and include it in spear of Justice’s active. Replace the trait with the following:                    Spear of Justice no longer penetrates. The next trap ability cast will be cast under the tethered target. CD 40 sec

These are only some changes I think would bring Dragon Hunter to a competitive level while also giving his kit and interesting twist that will hopefully attract more people to this spec. I would love to hear everyone’s opinions on this matter.

It will never take a spot as a roamer due to being by so slow.It will never take over the team fighting damage or support rolls from Firebrand and Scourge.It will never beat spellbreaker 1v1, and it can't survive thief +1s ever since they butchered F3.

The class has no place. It's too slow, it doesn't have enough damage and it had less sustain than a core guard.

No, don't remove Big Game Hunter and Soaring Devastation for that. Those traits give "melee DH" some sort of chasing potential and pressure. I roam with them pretty much everyday and removing it would make any non-trapper-DH build "worse than it is currently".

Instead, remove Dulled Senses (or add into another trait) and Hunter's Determination (auto procs are cancer lol), and maybe make Bulwark's effect permanent.

Also 15% damage on LB would be fine, but casting True Shot while moving is not gonna happen i think. Maybe make so it you can move slower during the cast, like Whirling Wrath?

@"Alehin.3746" said:No, don't remove Big Game Hunter and Soaring Devastation for that. Those traits give "melee DH" some sort of chasing potential and pressure. I roam with them pretty much everyday and removing it would make any non-trapper-DH build "worse than it is currently".

Instead, remove Dulled Senses (or add into another trait) and Hunter's Determination (auto procs are cancer lol), and maybe make Bulwark's effect permanent.

Also 15% damage on LB would be fine, but casting True Shot while moving is not gonna happen i think. Maybe make so it you can move slower during the cast, like Whirling Wrath?

I wrote that I wanted to remove it and include it in the base skill effect rather than it be a trait to make room for other traits

@Kyraios.8954 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:No, don't remove Big Game Hunter and Soaring Devastation for that. Those traits give "melee DH" some sort of chasing potential and pressure. I roam with them pretty much everyday and removing it would make any non-trapper-DH build "worse than it is currently".

I wrote that I wanted to remove it and include it in the base skill effect rather than it be a trait to make room for other traits

It can't just be added to the base skill like that tho. And adding more passives to virtues is bad, because it will force people to not use the skills to get the effect instead of getting them from traits. AND, we want less powercreep, so we're better getting meaningful changes instead of adding more stuff until the spec is "good".

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:It will never take a spot as a roamer due to being by so slow.It will never take over the team fighting damage or support rolls from Firebrand and Scourge.It will never beat spellbreaker 1v1, and it can't survive thief +1s ever since they butchered F3.

The class has no place. It's too slow, it doesn't have enough damage and it had less sustain than a core guard.

1) Use traveller or speed runes.2) Its not meant to be a team fighter or support. IMO its more of a dueler some aoe3) Kite the spellbreaker, use your longbow and traps. Generally speaking, no class should survive a thief +1 if the thief is any good. (except mirage in its current state, but we all agree that's broken).

A lot of people need to learn to kite spellbreakers, they are an exclusively melee class. If you have range and can break stuns, fighting a spellbreaker shouldn't be impossible.

Edit: That said, the spec could use some love. Its been underperforming for a while now and its honestly my favorite HoT spec. Longbow could use a bit of damage and some trait synergies would be welcome.

@Strages.2950 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:It will never take a spot as a roamer due to being by so slow.It will never take over the team fighting damage or support rolls from Firebrand and Scourge.It will never beat spellbreaker 1v1, and it can't survive thief +1s ever since they butchered F3.

1) Use traveller or speed runes.2) Its not meant to be a team fighter or support. IMO its more of a dueler
some
aoe3) Kite the spellbreaker, use your longbow and traps. Generally speaking, no class should survive a thief +1 if the thief is any good. (except mirage in its current state, but we all agree that's broken).

A lot of people need to learn to kite spellbreakers, they are an exclusively melee class. If you have range and can break stuns, fighting a spellbreaker shouldn't be impossible.

Edit: That said, the spec could use some love. Its been underperforming for a while now and its honestly my favorite HoT spec. Longbow could use a bit of damage and some trait synergies would be welcome.

It needs more than lynx runes in order to compete with Holo / SB / Soulbeast and mirage mobility.It doesn't have enough of anything to be a proper duelist, it lacks damage. It lacks stability and it lacks sustain.

Warrior gets a free full counter vs DH every 12 seconds by running through traps or standing in symbols.

Longbow 3 is the only viable skill DH has since the stability creep PoF brought.

Archived